Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:05 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
breathtaking...

I think a huge portion of this country wants a propaganda ministry.
We've had one since about 1948 when CBS and ABC joined NBC as the big three TV networks.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Even if you disagree with the news sources in question, you don't find the behavior of allowing certain organizations through the door, and rejecting others, slightly alarming?
You don't find it alarming, so why it is a problem if we don't? It's been like that forever, but you're only complaining now that the pro-Left discrimination is modified.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:11 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
breathtaking...

I think a huge portion of this country wants a propaganda ministry.
Yes they do and have proven over the last 8 year of most media being nothing more than Pravda for the left. Look at them howl when the ministry of propaganda gets shut down.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:14 PM

26,465 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Presidents should relish the fact that the fourth estate holds them accountable. It's why our system works. To pick and choose who you want to cover you indicates you can't hold up to scrutiny. God forbid Donald Trump has to answer difficult questions from people who don't agree with him. Every president in our history had to. So should he.
I think the problem is that the media is so biased that for the most part the MSM did not hold Obama accountable. Obama had also temporarily removed FoxNews when he thought that they weren't fair in his mind.

The media is every bit as politically polarized as the public is right now.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:19 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
I do think Trump admires Putin and the tight hold he has on his government there and wants to emulate that here. He is used to being the only person in charge

Old 02-24-2017, 08:20 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Funny how low the liberal bar is for terrifying, isn't it?
Imagine how fast they would be running if they ever saw Russians with guns coming at them. They would drop their rifles and abandon their posts. Climbing, running like Road Runner, out of and away from their foxholes.

And the Russians would just be walking up to ask them if they have a light for their (the Russians) cigarettes.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:24 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Presidents should relish the fact that the fourth estate holds them accountable. It's why our system works. To pick and choose who you want to cover you indicates you can't hold up to scrutiny. God forbid Donald Trump has to answer difficult questions from people who don't agree with him. Every president in our history had to. So should he.
Desmond Tutu said, "People with power have an incredible capacity for wanting to be able to retain that power & don't like scrutiny."

So-called President evidently has that capacity however, no matter the whining, he will be scrutinized, after all, it comes along with the job. Perhaps, his learning curve in this area, as in other significant areas, is steep.

He needs to 'man up' & deal with it. Grow a spine.

He will be held accountable, it's inevitable. Just one example:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/storage.citi...-DJT-Final.pdf

Old 02-24-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
For anyone who cares to use Google and spend a little time doing some research, it's pretty well established that the more educated and intelligent you are the more likely you are to be "liberal". It's pretty easy to understand why. Education and understanding the bigger picture lead to much different conclusions than narrow minded thinking.
LOL. "Education" is practically a synonym for "indoctrination". The lowest-IQ groups vote overwhelmingly for the Democrats. And your claims are silly for many more reasons, but who has the time to recount them all?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 PM

138 posts, read 168,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
LOL. "Education" is practically a synonym for "indoctrination". The lowest-IQ groups vote overwhelmingly for the Democrats. And your claims are silly for many more reasons, but who has the time to recount them all?
Please link multiple sources and studies that back up your statement "low IQ groups vote for Democrats". If you do that I'll be more than happy to do the same for my claims
Education comes in many forms. I'm assuming you're referring to being taught something by someone, of which the information could be false or have an agenda. Hence my point about educating yourself and forming your own conclusions. A better synonym for education is knowledge.
Please feel free to voice your opinion on my many silly claims, I would love to hear them.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:41 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
For anyone who cares to use Google and spend a little time doing some research, it's pretty well established that the more educated and intelligent you are the more likely you are to be "liberal". It's pretty easy to understand why. Education and understanding the bigger picture lead to much different conclusions than narrow minded thinking. If you're someone who truly believes Trump and just parrots what he says, why don't you do your own research and come to your own conclusions. Educate yourself. And a little fyi, don't believe everything you read whether it's from a conservative or liberal source. Form your own conclusions based on knowledge and multiple sources, etc. That's called intelligence. Now, having said all that, I'm really starting to get tired of idiots.
Is that why the two largest uneducated groups, blacks and Hispanics, vote Democrat? Look at the percent of blacks who vote Democrat, it is consistently over 90% each election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies