Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:49 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
So when countries DO send over the best LEGALLY we murder them because they look different. I see. Probably a Trump voter.
Bannon said there are too many Asian CEOs in Silicon Valley so it doesnt matter to him how successful racial minorities are-we will NEVER fit into his vision of 'Economic Nationalism'.

It's as if he's saying our accomplishments earned through hard work, blood, sweat and tears rightfully belongs to White Americans.

That should scare the hell out of all racial minorities and we need to be alert and vigilant.

As of last month, they dont know it, but I have my kids and parents( all citizens) ready to evacuate to a safer country at a moment's notice if and when see Trump/ Bannon beginning to get aggressive towards us...Im staying put tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 10:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Bannon said there are too many Asian CEOs in Silicon Valley so it doesnt matter to him how successful racial minorities are-we will NEVER fit into his vision of 'Economic Nationalism'.

It's as if he's saying our accomplishments earned through hard work, blood, sweat and tears rightfully belongs to White Americans.

That should scare the hell out of all racial minorities and we need to be alert and vigilant.

As of last month, they dont know it, but I have my kids and parents( all citizens) ready to evacuate to a safer country at a moment's notice if and when see Trump/ Bannon beginning to get aggressive towards us...Im staying put tho.
Joe Biden said Obama was the first black candidate who was bright, articulate and clean.

If Bannon had said that...

Old 02-24-2017, 10:28 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
So sad...

Brothers - I got your back. No s*it..

Old 02-24-2017, 10:57 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Although legal KS hasn't used the death penalty sine 1965.

Maybe they'll do the right thing if the accused is convicted.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:59 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Joe Biden said Obama was the first black candidate who was bright, articulate and clean.

If Bannon had said that...
I'll be sure to send an angry email to Joe Biden

In the meantime, we need to watch Trump/ Bannon closely.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:06 PM

61 posts, read 41,292 times
I can still remember being surprised when people within the Sikh/Hindu Indian community began to support Trump because of his Muslim ban proposal. So much support that Trump even made an ad in Hindi talking about how we would defeat radical Islamic terrorism. For those who may not know, Sikhs and Hindus have a rather bloody past with Muslims. So, many times I have heard "I am not Muslim so it does not bother me and they deserve it anyways."

My response always was "you really think those stupid racists who are for Trump will know you are a Sikh or Hindu? You think they will stop and ask you if you are Muslim and then shoot you? People from Pakistan and Bangladesh look like us and they are usually Muslims so how would the typical racist know? Don't think you are safe from the the Muslim hate or that they deserve it. "

Everyone would go "oh..." as if they never considered this could actually happen to them. And now, it is happening. This Hindu Indian man was confused for a Middle Eastern Muslim. He got told to leave the country and then got shot. This is why hatred is so wrong and we need to stand by each other. These racists are really rallied up thanks to Trump. I had to buy pepper spray the other day because for the first time ever, I feel like I may be targeted.

Just stop. Just stop. Just stop. Do not accidentally team up with the people who hate you. What is honestly going on with this world? These things should not be happening anymore.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare
I saw this incident on the news. Apparently he though the Indian men were middle eastern. This is really depressing in so many ways.
Its very sad

Old 02-25-2017, 01:37 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

That should scare the hell out of all Americans, period.

If it comes to it, I will fight for my fellow Americans if crap hits the fan. We need to need to be better than this and remind the world why we're a beacon of freedom and acceptance.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:56 AM

164 posts, read 138,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I know it's easy to want to blame it on the current political climate, but this man obviously has issues. His niece says he has a drinking problem that has progressed over the years and that he went downhill after his father died in 2015 and had been trying to get help through the VA. None of that makes it okay, but let's not use it to advance a political agenda.

Adam Purinton's niece apologizes for uncle's 'senseless actions' - KCTV5
Political propaganda is what gave him the mindset to be racist and tell them "to get out of his country". That's not political opportunism, thats the reality of the situation.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:06 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,702,162 times
Glad I moved away from these awful places to California. We can expect at least 4 years of talent and high tech business fleeing the few footholds they made in the middle of the country for more diverse and tolerant states.

Big houses and cheap gas aren't worth risking your family's safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies