Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The prob;em is not so much Trump himself, it's that the party that is behind him is diametrically opposed to Trump's populist positions. In the end, the GOP is going to get away with murder, and Trump will fall on his own sword for Paul Ryan's sake. Trump is not, and never will be, calling the shots. That's Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. When they say jump, Trump says how high?
Lol.

Do you actually believe what you wrote?

Trump is an egomaniac that never wants to be upstaged by anyone. The thought that he would lower himself to take direction from another person shows that you haven't paid very much attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol.

Do you actually believe what you wrote?

Trump is an egomaniac that never wants to be upstaged by anyone. The thought that he would lower himself to take direction from another person shows that you haven't paid very much attention.
Lol, Trump can whine and moan all he wants. Ryan controls the purse strings, McConnell controls who gets to be in Trump's Cabinet and SCOTUS. He NEEDS Ryan and McConnell. Trump is not all-powerful like you want him to be you seriously sound like you wish Trump was a dictator or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I listen to a call in radio program here in MA and hardly anyone who calls in wants illegals. And this is supposed to be such a blue, Democratic state. These are Democrats calling in. People I know who are Democrats are against illegals because it's just plain unfair and it's against the law. I had to pay and sponsor my husband and wait to get him here. I had to promise that he would take no public benefits for five years, and so on and so forth. Why do illegals have more rights than a good, vetted, decent human being who respects our laws!
I'm in the same boat too. It's totally not fair at all, they all need to go! And yes, their kids, too. Their kids can come back when they are 18, but if they want their family with them, sponsor them like everybody else has to do

Old 02-24-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Lol, Trump can whine and moan all he wants. Ryan controls the purse strings, McConnell controls who gets to be in Trump's Cabinet and SCOTUS. He NEEDS Ryan and McConnell. Trump is not all-powerful like you want him to be you seriously sound like you wish Trump was a dictator or something
Lol, you believe the house didn't control the purse strings and the senate didn't control approving nominations until now?

Well, actually that doesn't surprise me.

Aren't you one of those people who think Hillary "won" the "popular vote"?

Old 02-24-2017, 10:01 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
The press has been relentless on him since the inauguration.

At least during the campaign Trump was playing his political opponents off each other as well as the press. The MSM paused in bashing Trump to praise Hillary which set up a better dynamic...as far as entertainment goes.

We need a good third party/situation to appear on the scene and get the attention of the press off Trump for a second. That will recalculate the hyper settings back to a more benign level.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Lol, you believe the house didn't control the purse strings and the senate didn't control approving nominations until now?

Well, actually that doesn't surprise me.

Aren't you one of those people who think Hillary "won" the "popular vote"?
Hillary did win the popular vote. The sky is also blue, despite what Mr. Orange tells you

Old 02-24-2017, 10:07 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,468,853 times
Quote:
Oh yes, he is. Just watch. He's going to fall into one of two camps, Hubert Humphrey or Richard Nixon. Both were colossal failures, both were Republican. I seriously doubt he'll make it past one term. The only thing I agree with is his deportation policy. Outside of that, he is terrible everywhere else
Wasn't HH a democrat?

Old 02-24-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Hillary did win the popular vote. The sky is also blue, despite what Mr. Orange tells you
Do you also believe there is a "most strokes" contest in the Men's 100 meter free at the Olympics?

BTW, what did "winning the popular vote" secure her? Oh, that's right, nothing, because there is no such thing.

One more question. Trump didn't campaign for the most popular votes, he campaigned for the most electoral votes. Do you think Hillary campaigned for the most popular votes?

Old 02-24-2017, 10:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
He is thin skinned and won't let things go.

This will continue for another month.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I listen to a call in radio program here in MA and hardly anyone who calls in wants illegals. And this is supposed to be such a blue, Democratic state. These are Democrats calling in. People I know who are Democrats are against illegals because it's just plain unfair and it's against the law. I had to pay and sponsor my husband and wait to get him here. I had to promise that he would take no public benefits for five years, and so on and so forth. Why do illegals have more rights than a good, vetted, decent human being who respects our laws!
I'm a Democrat and, although I am against illegal immigration, since no other country (that I know of) allows it, I don't think deporting 11 million people makes sense because of the cost. We would need so many more ICE agents, detention centers and judges, since we do have laws that protect people who are in the U.S. We need to focus on people who are violent criminals and target employers who hire undocumented workers. The wall is another bad idea because even border agents say an 18 foot high metal fence is a better (and less costly) idea. We just need to expand what we already have and add more surveillance.

Back to the subject, I don't know how long Trump will last. It really depends on how badly the Republicans think they need him. I mean, look at CPAC and all the hypocrisy. Just last year they wanted anyone but Trump and now they're cheering for him, even when they know he's full of it.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:38 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
The main question is will Trump accept the results of the election after Hillary's landslide win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies