Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartIndee View Post
The thought police have already corrupted you. So it seem that any dissenting opinions are just fake. How unamerican.

The media were there.
The Fakestream News was not. They can get told what went down or have someone carry in a recorder for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 10:23 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,018,746 times
Can't the press just bribe somebody in the Trump administration for inside news? Trump can't stop all leaks can he? The more you try to hold back news, the more value it has.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:32 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The steely eyed money men at the top floors of CNN MSNBC and the NYTimes don't care a whit about people. They care about money. They spent millions opposing Trump millions more manufacturing news and polls which were misleading and false. Even more millions to attempt to smear him, his family and his fortune. Guess what.

He was elected POTUS.

His attitude towards the press is spot on. They are enjoying the war, heck...they created it. Millions of people subscribers of the NYTimes cancelled. Laurence O Donnel, Rachel Maddow and others were stupefied into silence and rather than accept the new president the bolted to the money dogs in the top floors.....and so it goes.

This is not Trump's war. But now they've all pissed him off....and guess what. He will win. He has the power the intelligence and the stamina to pummel them into submission and because more than anything they want attention, he will give it and take it away like rewarding good and bad children. Oh back to what they want the tycoons of the media?
They want to influence you grab your soul and line you up misinformed believing in falsehoods and lies and use you and your collective to keep them in power.

Be an American. Reach down and grab your balls and stand up.
No Trump won't win. We need the media to keep us informed of what our president is doing. Checks and balances...remember. Plus he works for us. Trump is hiding a lot. That is why he is so scared of the media and trying to discredit them.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:54 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
The steely eyed money men at the top floors of CNN MSNBC and the NYTimes don't care a whit about people. They care about money. They spent millions opposing Trump millions more manufacturing news and polls which were misleading and false. Even more millions to attempt to smear him, his family and his fortune. Guess what.

He was elected POTUS.

His attitude towards the press is spot on. They are enjoying the war, heck...they created it. Millions of people subscribers of the NYTimes cancelled. Laurence O Donnel, Rachel Maddow and others were stupefied into silence and rather than accept the new president the bolted to the money dogs in the top floors.....and so it goes.

This is not Trump's war. But now they've all pissed him off....and guess what. He will win. He has the power the intelligence and the stamina to pummel them into submission and because more than anything they want attention, he will give it and take it away like rewarding good and bad children. Oh back to what they want the tycoons of the media? They want to influence you grab your soul and line you up misinformed believing in falsehoods and lies and use you and your collective to keep them in power.

What is this thing that Thump and his followers have about grabbing private parts, either their own or those of others?

Seems peculiar to me, not to say perverse or perhaps fixated. Of course, I have always thought real power resides in the brain and heart, more or less equally, not farther down.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're making yourself look foolish.

I don't like Trump, but he has been in office ONE MONTH. So the infrastructure in this country just started falling apart in Jan 2017? Racial divide issues just started last month?

And let's go back even before the Obama years, we had Bush #2, that IMO was the beginning of the end. This country has been on the road to ruin for decades, let's not act like within 30 days it went from in good shape to a downward spiral. it took years to get to this point.

I live in CA, I'm sure you heard about the Oroville Dam? Over 200,000 people had to be evacuated for fear of it bursting. I guess it was fine up until Dec. huh? That damn Trump the minute he got in office we find that many bridges and roads are in bad shape. You probably saw the two cars that fell in the sinkhole here, about 15 miles from where I live, it was caused to old pipes bursting.

I guess Trump did that one to, it couldn't possibly be the local state and city government spending money on nonsense for years?

As I said, America has been on the road to ruin for decades now, you just haven't been paying attention.
Yes, procrastination and neglect led to these situations.

Why, then, as almost everyone with any sense can see this and supports improving our infrastructure, has Trump failed to focus on it and instead, gone for all these executive orders, including the incredibly poorly planned business with refugees and immigrants, and has strongly pushed the exorbitantly priced and unlikely to be effective wall on our border with Mexico, while making the highly dubious claim that Mexico will pay for it?

Why on earth did Trump not comprehend that making his first major project something that is clearly needed, does not involve other countries, benefits all Americans, would provide additional jobs throughout the country, and would be supported by the majority of Americans, most of whom would also understand the necessary financial cost, would be a very wise decision that would enhance his stature as a leader?

Lord knows he's built enough previously. So why not infrastructure? It was a campaign promise, too. Was is just not dramatic and controversial enough to interest Trump? Did it not fit his black and white perceptions of contemporary problems and issues? Was common sense and discernment completely lacking?

Old 02-25-2017, 11:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Can't the press just bribe somebody in the Trump administration for inside news? Trump can't stop all leaks can he? The more you try to hold back news, the more value it has.

3 people were not allowed in...
Nothing was held back. They can get the story from a 3rd party that was there.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
3 people were not allowed in...
Nothing was held back. They can get the story from a 3rd party that was there.
I think they were talking about getting info from leaks within the white house not the press. And if I was a betting person I would agree, I think all the leaks are coming out of the white house and not the intelligence agencies.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
He has much bigger fish to fry than worrying himself about the press and it's whiny A$$ complaints. Get a grip. No Korea on the edge, ISIS battling the universe and the rest of the world on our tail. Get behind him.

He's the man now with the big stick.
Agreed - to a point. I am concerned about these issues, tooo.

Since all these potential major crises are looming, why then does Trump get so perturbed over those segments of media which may not always be his cheerleaders, the number of people at his rallies, and similar trivia?

If he'd keep his cool and focus on the job at hand, he'd make life much simpler for himself and everyone else, and much of the criticism would cease, just as a fire burns out from lack of fuel. As it is, he
frequently comes across as deeply insecure, thin-skinned, and defensive (among other things).

Old 02-25-2017, 11:21 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,049 times
Quote:

He was elected POTUS.

This is not Trump's war. But now they've all pissed him off....and guess what. He will win. He has the power the intelligence and the stamina to pummel them into submission and because more than anything they want attention, he will give it and take it away like rewarding good and bad children. Oh back to what they want the tycoons of the media? They want to influence you grab your soul and line you up misinformed believing in falsehoods and lies and use you and your collective to keep them in power.

While every word you wrote is true, the diehard alien lovers will dimiss your words because it doesn't suit their agenda. However, none of the vociferous libs here will open their homes to Syrian refugees because their hypocrites, and besides, that's big
governments job.

And that last line, not politically correct, lol! (but so true, too many betas on the left)

Old 02-25-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
While every word you wrote is true, the diehard alien lovers will dimiss your words because it doesn't suit their agenda. However, none of the vociferous libs here will open their homes to Syrian refugees because their hypocrites, and besides, that's big
governments job.

And that last line, not politically correct, lol! (but so true, too many betas on the left)
How do you know they haven't. I absolutely would open my home to them. Isn't this what our country is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies