Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 01:45 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Ellison is deputy chair, a sort of honorary position that I don't think exists. They will elect a deputy chair.

I'll take Perez. He's speaking now and he's what we need right now more than someone who is extreme. Most Dems are somewhere in the middle, not at the extreme. Same with Repubs. The middle. If, in the future, we need to move to the left, maybe we can, but to win, we have to be realistic and move toward the middle ground.
By this logic, FDR would be seen as an extreme radical. These labels you use are completely meaningless. Most Americans support New Deal democratic ideals which you label as "extreme left". The middle ground aka serving Wall Street and big money interests at the expense of workers is not something that appeals to a whole lot of people.

Its a problem. Conservatives stand for something. They stand for low taxes, low regulations, big war budgets, anti-worker etc. What does the Democrats stand for now, besides anti-Trump? Thats not good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 01:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The party doesn't have enough power to divide itself right now. And Ellison is vice chair.
Yep, the Vice Chair is very important. Donna was Vice Chair and moved into Chairman when Debbie got caught in her emails with rigging the primary against Bernie. Donna later got caught with receiving and passing on to Clinton the CNN Debate questions before the Debate. They never bothered to move anyone into Donna's Chair.

Everyone just shrugged - cheating is how they roll I guess. Nobody cares in the Leftist Party.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:48 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
It was a lose-lose scenario for democrats from the beginning.
I agree.

But as an independent (who has given up on Democrats the past 2 decades), I'm very glad they didn't go with Ellison.

I wonder how this will be marketed & will play with Hispanics?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Ellison is pro-worker and against the TPP. Perez is pro-corporate and supports the TPP. The establishment in the DNC is very strong.
Ellison is a former Nation of Islam follower, and as such presumably a hater of Jews, Christians, and Whites. I don't care what politically correct speeches saying he's not he may have given. Actions speak louder than words. How he was even considered speaks volumes of how out of touch the Dem's are.

Not that Perez is actually going to relate to ordinary Americans either but at least he's not Ellison.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I agree.

But as an independent (who has given up on Democrats the past 2 decades), I'm very glad they didn't go with Ellison.

I wonder how this will be marketed & will play with Hispanics?
If you are a worker, you should be sad about it. The Democrats just voted to keep the corporate lobbyist money flowing into their coffers and elected a pro-TPP chair.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:52 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Stock market Downturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The voting took place in Atlanta - 435 members voted.

The Establishment Candidate won. This should surprise nobody.
They are now calling for a "win" by acclamation to show 'unity'.

There won't be any "unity". The Sanders coalition loses again to the Clinton Establishment Wing.
I just watched Tomas Perez acceptance speech as DNC Chair. He gave a rousing speech looking forward to 5 or 10 eventualities necessary for a re-vitalized Democratic party and wave election. Tom Perez actually said that one of these eventualities he hoped for was a stock market downturn (read crash). WOW!

Old 02-25-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Ellison is a former Nation of Islam follower
No sane worker cares about that stuff from 30 years ago. He has disavowed them and that period countless times. What matters is the plight of workers in 2017. And the DNC just elected a pro-corporate pro-TPP chair.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
It was a lose-lose scenario for democrats from the beginning.

This. ^

Basically the Democratic Party is now a minority dominated party, I don't see how any white male could ever be apart of this unless there is a lot of white self loathing . Crazy to look at these "leaders"

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-25-2017 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Stupidity reigns!

Old 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
The real question is will the Bernie/Ellison supporters accept Perez? I think the schism is too great. With all the talk of Democrat unity, will the Bernie/Ellison faction remain part of the Democrat Party? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies