Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 04:10 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,474 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of people have problems accepting that Paris is a big city (12 million inhabitants in the metro area) and have crazy fantasms about.
The "Paris is not what is used to be" is the just the incapacity to believe that Paris is a big city and thus imagining an unrealistic past about it.
Paris has always been a city with many immigrants and a high income disparity.

Some districts better or worse than other but it has always been the case and it's just like any big western city.

Peripherique (Paris inner beltway) stands in areas that were covered by slums in 1930s.
https://franciliensdemain.files.word...audis-zone.jpg
The "Zone" at the porte d'Ivry. Paris, 1940. | Paris en images

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This is old news. I went to this avenue just few days ago and I didn't see any tents. It was clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Well, that is what happens to those European countries that just had to have an empire. All those people from the colonies go to the "motherland".

I was in Paris in 1974. My impression was that everyone in Paris was from somewhere else. Guess not much has changed.
That's right nothing new. Paris 1994

Old 02-26-2017, 04:12 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It looks like much of the USA. You callin' America a third world country? Them's fightin' words!
I've never been to Paris. I've only seen pictures of it. The closest I've seen in person in the USA that might qualify as a "3rd world ghetto" is parts of New Orleans, parts of Atlanta(notably the southwest part of the city), some trailer park areas.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:17 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
So the POTUS opened his little mouth and stuck his own foot into it.

You have to understand he only talks about stuff others tell him. He is weak minded and will do what ever his handlers tell him.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:32 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
He didn't stick his foot in his mouth. He said something that needed to be said. And he will gain support from Europeans if he continues to take their side against their corrupt governments.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:33 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw729 View Post
You probably can't afford to buy or even rent a place in Paris.
Lol, probably most people commenting on here:
A) have never been interested in Paris.
B) don't/can't travel.
C) can give a rats a** what happens in Paris and Europe.

They just want forced narratives that fit their paranoid agenda, crap like 'no-go zones,' immigrants are dangerous and destroying Western countries, blah, blah, blah....

Old 02-26-2017, 04:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Come on now, you have to at least they brought chocolate eclair. Then you would be at least honest.
Fine. Eclair it is. Better than Bibles.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:44 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump most certainly did trash Paris.

Trump said that his mythical friend Jim said, “Paris? I don't go there anymore. Paris is no longer Paris.”

"The moral of the story, Trump said, was that what is happening in Paris shouldn't be allowed to happen in the United States. Without naming it, Trump implied that terrorist attacks in Nice and Paris in the past several years have changed the cities, perhaps making them unsafe."

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/02/24/trump-trashed-paris-in-his-cpac-speech-the-citys-mayor-fired-back/?utm_term=.18eec391d7e2[/url]

Trump keeps claiming to have all these friends who tell him about Paris, and election fraud, and one thing and another. So why don't we ever see any of these friends? If he has all these friends, why is he celebrating New Year's Eve with Joey No socks and Don King?

Because they are all imaginary, like his big inauguration crowd, like the Bowling Green massacre, like the Muslim attack in Atlanta that never happened (oh, it was a White domestic terrorist who bombed in the 90s, never clarified).

It is highly ironic how the term 'fake news' is thrown around so loosely, yet President Orangeman creates fake news almost daily to continue his fear-mongeting platform.

Meanwhile, things like innocent minorities being killed and attacked by Trump supporters are ignored, like the poor Indian men in Alabama who were recently killed by a pyscho a few days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies