Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:28 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Its hilarious that the Trump cultists are having tantrums over Ivanka Trump's products. You people who are cutting up cards and boycotting stores weren't buying her products anyway because if you were then her merchandise wouldn't be at Ross and TJ Maxx which is where dept store clothes go that are irregular or didn't sell at the full retail price.
Pretty much!

I don't wear office clothes anymore. But out of curiosity, I looked up Ivanka's clothes online. They were nothing special to my eye. And they're apparently nothing special in regards to quality/price either.

Shrug.

It's the magic of the free market. You can buy or not buy stuff for whatever reason you darn well please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 08:29 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
That Trump voter is an idiot. Retailers are in it for profits, if their getting political it's only to increase profits. There's companites that are vocal for their support towards the Democrats and others that are vocal for Their support of Trump. Should both shut up?????

Old 02-25-2017, 08:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
The loser left had to involve retail to try to hurt the Trump family. It isn't working. The left is hurting themselves and the stores who buckled by the left bullies.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:37 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The loser left had to involve retail to try to hurt the Trump family. It isn't working. The left is hurting themselves and the stores who buckled by the left bullies.
And the right is bullying any media that doesn't agree with them.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:07 AM

21,866 posts, read 25,154,836 times
I don't get it. They're just doing what Trump wants and pulling foreign made products from the shelves. It's not a big step or anything but I'd think Trumpies should be more supportive of companies that are supporting the President.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:11 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Free market

If these products have a customer base there are plenty of places to sell them
Correct. It IS how free market should work. I think I'll bookmark this thread for the next time someone on the left wants to bleat about a business not doing what they want that business to do.

If a business stands for something you don't agree with, shop elsewhere. The people behind the business have every right to say what they want, and the people have every right to decide whether or not to support that business after hearing it.

That is precisely how the free market should be working.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:09 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The average Trump supporter is not a Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Bergdof Gooman, Lord & Taylor, etc. shopper so it really is not a loss.
I voted for Trump and between my wife and I, I probably drop $5k-$10k a year at Neiman Marcus. The only thing at Nordstrom I buy is shoes. NM has a much better men's department but Nordstrom has a bigger shoe department.

I didn't realize that NM got into the anti Trump nonsense, and as a customer it makes me angry that they would choose sides, though in reality it probably won't change my shopping habits. Those are the stores that are convenient for me. I hate shopping enough as it is, without having to travel a distance to do it.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
All of my Facebook friends have said they have cut up their Nordstom cards.
who cares-

Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I don't get it. They're just doing what Trump wants and pulling foreign made products from the shelves. It's not a big step or anything but I'd think Trumpies should be more supportive of companies that are supporting the President.
One would think the America First crowd would be in favor of pulling foreign-made goods off the shelves.

Plus, since they are all about operating like a good business, why in the world would they think a a retailer should be forced to carry items that aren't selling well?

Makes no sense.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:17 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
YIKES !!!!! My eyes hurt just thinking about a Bannon clothing line. Despite his considerable wealth (and he is very wealthy) the man dresses like a hobo. Even by 'rich guy's who don't dress that way" standards, the man looks like a sartorial train-wreck. Maybe he needs to get himself a Nordy's card.
his looks represent what he is -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies