Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:10 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
You have a short memory. The tea party did this at Democratic town hall meetings. There was a difference, though, the democrats kept holding meetings and did not run away the way the Republicans are currently doing.

5 Memorable Moments When Town Hall Meetings Turned To Rage : It's All Politics : NPR
Ancient history. My post was a follow up to my previous post, which was in reference to the current political climate. I even noted this by using the phrase "these days".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 01:13 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeeinblack View Post
And the alt-left is doing the same thing with their Soros paid riots and 'paid Hollywood actors making political scene after scene. Everyone's looking for media coverage....bad press is still press right? Gotta keep their name in play, don't they?

Hollywood has turned into one big "Clown Car"

And the statement about Trump supporters having "low education" levels? well, you might want to research the average education level of some of the Hollywood elite "mouthpieces".....hint....lowly educated...theatre and modeling experience is hardly a STEM based education. There are very few highly educated actors in Hollywood, people such as Matt Damon.

I do not care to hear what Nordstrom, namely Eric Nordstrom , thinks...shut your mouth and keep your politics to yourself. He absolutely does not give one iota about what his customers, his bread and butter, thinks, does he....not a smart man. Too many retailers to take your hard earned money to, common sense suggests you do not want to lose clients in this competitive and dwindling market.

Neighbor works for Nordstrom in Houston, early retiree out of Oil and Gas....and a California native...she stated that shoppers have commented on how they are surprised that the store owners have gotten political, such as they have. Ivanka's line, especially the shoes, sold well there...lower price point.

Neimans? I do not know about that one...as, at least here in Houston, Neiman Marcus tends to retail what is referred to as "Statement/Status jewelry lines" many people have brand recognition for expensive lines such as David Yurman, Lagos, others. When they pay the high price, they want their friends and neighbors to recognize the brand/ status of the piece. Ivanka's jewelry line was costly, without the brand recognition of other luxury lines. So it very well might have suffered from low sales.
See, here's the thing, Nordstrom didn't make it political. Your side did. They simply stopped dedicating store and warehouse space to a product line that didn't sell well.

Nordstrom didn't even say anything about it until they were asked by a media outlet (Business Insider if I remember correctly).

If all those poutraged Trump supporters were actually shopping at Nordstrom and buying Ivanka merchandise, her poorly made overpriced junk would still be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies