Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:00 AM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not fair. Banned substance by anti doping agency. Brings up another issue- should "transitioning" be allowed/legal for children?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...banned_by_WADA
Very valid points. Did the child authorize the testosterone treatments? Or the parents. And yes, testosterone therapy is doping. It's banned as it artificially enhances performance.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:02 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
It's a great wedge issue to divide the 99%.

And "We the Suckers" are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No, the issue is that the league has a birth certificate gender rule. The kid wants to compete in the boys' league, and apparently just about everyone - except for league officials - thinks he should be competing there.

If he was competing in the boys league, would he be considered an enhanced athlete?
Taking testosterone boosters, yes. It's doping.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
According ot the NCAA rules, the male who "claims" to be female (MTF TransFemale) would need to undergo testosterone suppression therapy for 1 year under the supervision of a medical professional for the purpose of either treating Gender Dysphoria OR as part of transgender regiment.
So, there has to be proof.

Obama's public school edict required no proof. It was based only on one's "say so."

Old 02-26-2017, 12:22 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, there has to be proof.

Obama's public school edict required no proof. It was based only on one's "say so."
Well in the case of UIL, the medical records had to be provided.

Similarly, you arent required to provide medical records for various daily life things.. ex bathroom access However when you compete in athletics, you can be reqired to produce records andsubmit to drug tests. While you dont have to... they also dont have to aprove you for competition.

IIRC, Obama exec order was specific to school bathroom use....

Old 02-26-2017, 01:48 AM

31,034 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
We get that you don't like this.

But in fact, it is standard medical practice to begin hormone treatment for transgender kids during adolescence.
Is that before or after they give her a hysterectomy and attach a penis? When Science can give her a penis and she can reproduce with another woman I'll consider her a man. Until then I'll consider her a F/M transgender, nothing less nothing more.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:21 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Is that before or after they give her a hysterectomy and attach a penis? When Science can give her a penis and she can reproduce with another woman I'll consider her a man. Until then I'll consider her a F/M transgender, nothing less nothing more.
That's fine. You can consider whatever you want.

Until you're dictator or something though, you'll still need two bucks for a cup of coffee.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
But the school won't let him compete as a boy. This is where the birth certificate rules just don't make any sense.
Perhaps so......you still can't allow one student to cheat. I have to think there are rules about performance enhancing drugs also.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:32 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Perhaps so......you still can't allow one student to cheat. I have to think there are rules about performance enhancing drugs also.
The student did not cheat. The state were the one's that cheated. They would not let him compete as a boy. So what is the student suppose to do, be barred from sports all together because he is transgender? NCAA and OIC rules would of had him competing with boys, maybe all state athletic associations should adapt the same rules.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:02 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Democrats are all for transgender rights. It's republicans who aren't. Trumps rollback on Obama's transgender rule for bathrooms is a really sad thing.
No it's not. It wasn't going to stand up to challenges anyway so may as well get in front of it. Nobody is going to stand by while anyone who identifies as anything can do what they want, it's way too broad and we know human nature don't we? Well we should. If a situation can be exploited and used for bad intentions it will be, it's a fact. And schools were the absolute worst place to push this when many people in this country think the whole idea of it is insane. Look, solutions for people will be found, but this was not the way.

I'm not even convinced the "current thinking" on transgenderism isn't going to change. I think we will be forced to admit there is a mental component that can't be considered healthy or normal for everyone claiming to have gender confusion. And there is also a sexual component that nobody needs to be encouraging. I also don't think that hormone treatments and blockers are going to remain the go-to treatment for every kid either. Take a beat world, this is not just an the next logical step in gay rights, and I don't think the results of today's treatments are going to look good long term.

Last edited by Ceece; 02-26-2017 at 04:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies