Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 11:08 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Reagan and Bush 41 and Bush 43 all attended and all were capable of self-deprecating humor and taking some barbs from the Press.

But Agent Orange is a bully who strikes out meanly at others. He can't take a joke. He's a chicken so he's a no show.

No surprise.
All true. Personally, I'll enjoy not having to watch Trump at an otherwise fun event. Trump is a drag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 11:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Hey snowflakes, repeat after me: "President Donald Trump!"
President with giant orange comb over.

President who can't button his coat because of a huge belly.

President who evidently can't afford to have a custom made suit that would cover said belly and hide those ridiculous long-tongued ties.

President who has trouble reading. Does he need glasses or is he Dyslectic?

President who lies constantly.

President who is setting up his supporters for a huge disappointment when he can't deliver coal mining jobs.

President who will be removed from office when the truth comes out about his involvement with Russia.

President of the sheep who believe everything he says. (Poor things).

Old 02-26-2017, 11:21 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
These Trump supporters are so funny, aren't they? "But Hillary....."

Anyway, we all remember how nasty Trump got when he roasted Hillary at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner. I never heard anyone booed at a Catholic charity dinner before. I can't imagine the Correspondents' Dinner would be funny to him or that his response would be entertaining.
Trump was a terrible speaker at that event. Nasty, mean-spirited cracks, accused her of hating Catholics at this Catholic charitable dinner.

"I've been to that dinner like six, seven, eight times," Christine Quinn, the former speaker of New York's city council, told CNN's Anderson Cooper. "I've never heard boos like that. Never."

Trump didn't have a clue, and apparently no decent writers either.

Probably wanted to avoid a repeat performance of that dreadful evening.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:53 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahaha. Do you honestly think that Trump is afraid of the Media?

If he went, would you have called him a hypocrite?

Absolutely he is scared of the media. That is why he is trying to discredit them.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:58 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Absolutely he is scared of the media. That is why he is trying to discredit them.
Trump has called the media dishonest since the start of his campaign in order to get his followers to believe his constant lies.

Now he is lying about the danger presented by citizens of the travel ban countries.

Department of Homeland Security has declined to back up his bogus claims.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:21 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Cognitive dissonance? You cannot possibly believe Trump is an honest man without it.
It's a mass affliction. Shouldn't someone try to come up with a technique to cure it? Its sufferers need help.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:54 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
*Quote Shortened for particular points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
His behavior suggests that he is afraid of the increasingly critical media. He already blocked them at CPAC, and has no way of fending off their questions save hiding out in his office.

Even many Republicans are now having a tough time defending his grotesquely inappropriate behavior. He lies more than any other president in recent memory (Politco), he wastes too much of our money on trips to his private club, he refused to relinquish his ties to his business interests or release his tax returns, he wasted our money on a self promoting rally, he has almost 2000 government positions still unfilled, the Russian question is still up in the air, he has alienated us from our allies, I could go on but it would take all morning.
True. He is hopeless. It's good that he is proving to be incapable and lame. I was just hearing him again -ugh- and of course, all he does is describe others he is promoting as "fantastic" or says "how well everything is going"...always in sweeping terms and superlatives. He doesn't know anything and cannot offer anything. Ho-hum..it means nothing and is pointless, a stuffed shirt attempting to play president, getting in due to having done something diabolical besides handing his naive supporters empty promises. I cannot WAIT until he is proven fraudulent and is out of there.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:10 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
[/b]I am sure that most still don't have a clue.
No Donna, it is you Hillary supporters who don't have a clue. You see, business as usual is over. Presidents aren't in there to waste their time attending black tie dinners with the media. We have huge problems that need attention, and the days of kicking the can down the road, to be dealt with later, while the media fawns all over you.....are gone. I hope Trump skips the dinner every year that he's president.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
If you mean the media helped him get elected by reporting about Donald Trump more than any other candidate, you're right. It's really hypocritical for someone who used the media so much for decades to slam the same media as "dishonest" and "fake" when it no longer meets his agenda. Take CNN, for example. I can post videos going back over a decade when he eagerly sat down with a reporter on CNN to get his face on TV or talk about his political views.

The situation has changed.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
delighted to see him run away like the coward he is.

So much for Trump being a man, he runs like a child and cries day and night about how everyone is so mean to him.

For a POTUS, Trump is a complete loser. delighted that the alt right racists picked a wimp.
If Trump is a loser, what does that make Hillary Clinton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies