Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2017, 01:47 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,513,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Actual performance doesn't matter to Progressives. All that matters is that they had good intentions.

This is why they will never be able to criticize Obama or really understand what a horrible president he was.
the type of comment I expect from someone hiding in a bunker.

Obamas still coming to take your guns lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:46 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know yet.

When you have to narrow something down to something that isn't really discussed as the problem you aren't accomplishing anything. Terrorism isn't enacted by just refugee's. Do you want to discuss refugee's or terrorism?

Obama promised to END the Iraq wars. He set dates to do this. Let's see, wasn't it within the first 16 months? In another thread we have many jumping on Trump for his failed promise to address Obamacare on day one. A fair attack. He made the promise and missed it bigly......but Obama's failed promises? They don't matter?

It tilted because we armed the "terrorists". A few on the left warned Obama but he wouldn't listen.

What Conservatives think is irrelevant. Why do people always fall back on this? I do not care what conservatives think.

We knew this when Obama did it. (again with the "conservatives" crap)
You tend to continue this sort of all things revolve around you crap...

What conservatives think matters far more to me than what you think or what people commenting in this thread think, because the agenda of conservatives in power determines all that we have been addressing in this thread, all that is hardly "irrelevant!"

You also have a rather black or white all or nothing way of looking at things, per definitions, dates and deadlines that you hold ultimately most important rather than considering the incremental movements toward better or worse that tends to be more the way of politics.

Perhaps by "we armed the terrorists" you are pointing to how the weapons industry in the United States has armed just about anyone with want for arms on the planet, but also of course, we're not the only ones in the arms business and there are other players more than glad to arm our enemies. I find it hard to consider the situation in Syria with the simple sorts of conclusions you are inclined toward.

What has happened in the ME and what continues to happen in the ME is simply beyond the realm of control for even the most powerful country on Earth and certainly beyond the control of any one POTUS. With so many problems of so many different sorts going back so many decades if not centuries, please don't waste still more time trying to sum up the likes of Syria with bumper-sticker quickies.

Fair?!?

Old 02-28-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
That's not a particularly coherent argument you're making since NORTH KOREA ALREADY HAD NUKES! You remember this guy George W Bush? Funny story, he was actually the 43rd president of The United States of America (you'll have to trust me on this one). Anywho, North Korea detonated their first nuclear bomb in 2006 which corresponds with the date that George W. Bush was actually president (more trust). So this was a few years BEFORE Obama became president.

So to recap, before Obama took office.

Nukes:

North Korea = 1

Iran = 0

Now let's fast-forward through Obama's presidency to the inauguration day of Donald Trump.

Nukes:

North Korea= 1

Iran = 0

Now, if we use this thing called math we can find out how many nukes North Korea and Iran added during Obama's presidency.

Nukes:

North Korea 1 nuke minus 1 nuke= 0 nukes.

I know what you're saying, but what about a Iran. Lets look.

Iran 0 nukes minus 0 nukes= 0 nukes.

Hopefully this lesson in remedial math was enlightening to you and others.
biggunsmallbrains = 1

PullMyFinger = 0

Right?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:03 AM

... We all lament the ~4500 Americans killed in Iraq, but up to 500,000 Iraqis are estimated to have died in that conflict, making Bush one of the biggest killers in modern times. Obama swatted a couple of mosquitoes in comparison.

Quote:
Bush, Obama, Cheney, Hillary and a rash of others deserve nothing more than to rot in hell for what they have done.
Context...

Always pretty easy to cast blame around with broad brush, especially when it comes to politicians, those calling the shots, and though I share much of the frustration about what mostly seems like misdirected American foreign policy, I also always try to keep in mind that all us average American arm-chair judging citizens who hardly have the time to read a history book don't always know as much as we think we know.

Just what classified information Obama has had, now transferred to Trump, gives me pause as it should anyone who considers what ominous information that might include...

Take the history of the ME, for example, and all the lives lost, just in Iraq, all the time leading up to the rule of Saddam Hussein. That's a very long time and millions of people for anyone who doesn't know we're pretty well talking about the time going back to the dawn of civilization. Follow that history, and then to simply blame those named above for those deaths and/or the ongoing violence in that part of the world is just too simple-minded. Or to suggest that Obama (the one who voted against the invasion of Iraq) is no better or worse than the ones who lead the way...

Please, give it a rest already! Have mercy.

Last edited by LearnMe; 02-28-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post

Right...

There is simple-minded and then there is SIMPLE-MINDED!

And then there are some of the notions expressed in these threads that make me wonder how we function as a society at all!

Power to the people? Sometimes I think maybe best not...

Old 02-28-2017, 01:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You tend to continue this sort of all things revolve around you crap...
If trying to nail down what you are talking about is all about me, then so be it.

P.S. I voted for and supported Sanders and then Stein.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
... We all lament the ~4500 Americans killed in Iraq, but up to 500,000 Iraqis are estimated to have died in that conflict, making Bush one of the biggest killers in modern times. Obama swatted a couple of mosquitoes in comparison.

Context...

Always pretty easy to cast blame around with broad brush
Broad Brush? I was pretty specific.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:29 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Broad Brush? I was pretty specific.
You were pretty specific with your false equivalences, I'll give you that.

Obama never came close to authorizing a debacle on the level of the Iraq War. Not even close.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You were pretty specific with your false equivalences, I'll give you that.

Obama never came close to authorizing a debacle on the level of the Iraq War. Not even close.
It doesn't matter. He was responsible for the death of who knows how many innocent lives. For what exactly?

Old 02-28-2017, 02:00 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post

Sorry, but it's the cold truth. Progressives don't care about actual performance when it comes to evaluating other Progressives. No matter how bad Obama was (and he was) Progressives will circle the wagons around him because 'he meant well' or simply because they think they'll look like racists if they criticize him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies