Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 01:14 PM

29,405 posts, read 9,593,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Do you mean the "inept Obama presidency" that, when he left office, had the lowest unemployment rate in nearly 15 years?? When Obama took over, this country was in the middle of a recession and two wars.

Look....i get that people on both sides are opinionated. But some of the stuff people say here on City-Data, both liberals and conservatives, just baffles me.
You're just one of those people who doesn't understand alternative facts then. That's all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 01:16 PM

1,896 posts, read 807,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He did leave Trump a convoluted mess and by some accounts intentionally sabotaged him in the last weeks in office which could possibly be criminal. And look at Iran and North Korea. Both could already have the nuclear weapon directly due to Obama's inaction and weakness.

http://wapo.st/2lFjpsf?tid=ss_mail-amp
What convoluted mess? Seems Trump is being handed a much better ship than most incoming new administrations.

Have you forgotten about the worse financial crisis in modern times that occurred 8 years ago?

Old 03-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Do you mean the "inept Obama presidency" that, when he left office, had the lowest unemployment rate in nearly 15 years?? When Obama took over, this country was in the middle of a recession and two wars.

Look....i get that people on both sides are opinionated. But some of the stuff people say here on City-Data, both liberals and conservatives, just baffles me.
Lots of agendas to push as objectivity is just boring I suppose.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"No one has disputed that?"

Are you somehow under the impression that all you keep repeating has not been refuted or that the lack of reply to your comments is some sort of indication your comments are not disputed?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Admittedly, I have not tried all that hard or spent all that much time addressing your specific quickie summations, but I've done so in so many different ways so many times before in these threads, I simply can't bare to waste more time with statements that hardly go beyond the space of a bumper sticker.
No you haven't and your reply is a cop out.

Quote:
You are like someone who might sum up the book "War and Peace" with a conclusion like "boring," and for many you'd be right, but again..., it's a bit more complicated than you seem to comprehend.

Only my opinion of course, but I think my opinion and that conclusion is about as involved and accurate as any you have provided so far, and I think best we perhaps leave it at that. Or if you are serious about what Obama has accomplished or failed to accomplish, any quick Google search will provide you all the information you could and SHOULD want in those regards.

Look it up. Spend less time proclaiming and a little more time objectively researching.

Do me and you that big favor...
No, I'm not going to leave it at that. We can't move forward until we realize why things failed.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Absolutely.

No you haven't and your reply is a cop out.

No, I'm not going to leave it at that. We can't move forward until we realize why things failed.
Apparently they failed because Obama didn't try or something nonsensical.....

Old 03-01-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Apparently they failed because Obama didn't try or something nonsensical.....
No, you got it right to start with.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, you got it right to start with.
How convenient to assume Obama didn't want America to be prosperous when the actual answer is complicated. Some folks always looking for the easy answer to complex issues.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
How convenient to assume Obama didn't want America to be prosperous when the actual answer is complicated. Some folks always looking for the easy answer to complex issues.
I made no vague generalizations. I was specific. None of them were addressed.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:08 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not really...

I've seem plenty of pretty good, thorough, comprehensive and quantifiable evaluations of presidents, more than a few, and even when those sorts of broader sources of information are presented, they tend to be dismissed as quickly as it is noted the results are not according to the reader's pre-determined beliefs.

The only way I know to approach a fair and objective evaluation of these sorts of truths is to consider not only the most reputable evaluations by those who know best about these subjects, histories, issues, but also as many of them as possible, whether they suit your narrative or not.

Over and over, Obama ranks better than conservatives are willing to accept, but still their OPINION is what it is, more often than not without any such substantiation the likes I am describing.

As I have commented before, I call it "triangulating for the truth," which is to draw conclusion AFTER consideration of multiple sources.

What do you suggest or recommend instead rather than simply suggesting "a lot of dem posters" can't be fair or objective?

Those sorts of little tid bit comments AKA "make myself feel better" comments are also all too common in these threads, but hey, don't mind me.

Glad I can help you feel better about yourself...
"I've seem plenty of pretty good, thorough, comprehensive and quantifiable evaluations of presidents"

Give us a break.

I've been reading your posts for quite while now.

You disillusions of superiority are only exceeded by your vanity.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:36 AM

29,405 posts, read 9,593,839 times
Quote:
Much like the patient listening to the doctor explain all the obvious and not so obvious reasons the patient is feeling sick, and the patient simply asking, "am I going to live or not?"

"Well, maybe, sorry. Depends..."

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. -- H. L. Mencken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies