Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:53 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I am sorry for the loss of his son and he is grieving which leads to lashing out. But as a SEAL his son knew the risks of his job as they all do. This mission appeared to have been planned before Trump who relies on his WELL qualified military advisers he has chosen. Had Obama done the same we might not be in the mess we are in with so many terrorist hot spots to combat now.
If we had qualified military officers we wouldn't still be spinning our wheels in Afghanistan after 15 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 11:54 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If we had qualified military officers we wouldn't still be spinning our wheels in Afghanistan after 15 years.
Why don't you step up then? Maybe you can solve all the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The father is acknowledging what others have already acknowledged:
The RISK is tRump. He is not capable of being Commander in Chief.
Things went better in Benghazi?

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Of course he is hurting, there is nothing worse than a parent outliving a child. And there your child whether they're 13 years old or 50 years old.

However the son chose to go into the military and went into what is a very respected but also highly dangerous team. The father who is a military man himself seems to not acknowledge the risk of what his son was involved in.

Not exactly the days of Vietnam where young men were sent to fight in a situation they had no choice in. I could see someone not wanting than President Nixon at the ceremony.

Nobody likes to hear about a police officer killed on the job, but let's be real it's less shocking than hearing about an accountant being shot dead.
I agree with you. But people in the hurting state can't think clearly or logically.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Why don't you step up then? Maybe you can solve all the problems.
I'd love to.

Day 1. Bring them all home.

But we will note, you didn't address my point, you just attacked me personally.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Except that Pres. Obama DID inherit a mess. That is not even up for debate, it's a fact.

However, to Trumpers, you all rely on "alternative facts", so it's no surprise this is news to you.
Bush passed the TARP to fix the mess. Obama did nothing. Janet Yellen had to help by keeping low interest rate. Trump did more in less than 2 months than Obama did in 8 years. Trump is a hard working President. Will he make mistakes, I'm sure he will, but he will always put America first.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:57 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
There should be an investigation, based on this statement from the father alone:

“Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?’’
Unless my friend is lying, or her husband is lying to her, there have been boots on the ground in Yemen during 2016 prior to the election.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
There should be an investigation on who leaked
Al-Qaeda Fighters in Yemen Seemed Ready for SEAL Raid: Source - ABC News
"According to the source, it was clear that the AQAP fighters in the compound knew the Americans were coming and engaged them with heavy weapons."
I'm sure somebody leaked to make Trump look bad.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Unless my friend is lying, or her husband is lying to her, there have been boots on the ground in Yemen during 2016 prior to the election.
I posted the link. There has been.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:01 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'd love to.

Day 1. Bring them all home.

But we will note, you didn't address my point, you just attacked me personally.
I would love to bring them all home. My son included. It is a futile effort to attempt to help democratize such a backward society. But we are there and "bring them all home" won't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies