Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 PM

778 posts, read 336,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
If the mentally ill were restricted from owning firearms, how would Democrats defend themselves?
Bazinga!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
In general guns, abortion and the death penalty are similar in that they get a lot of people wound up but in the end don't amount to a hill of beans compared to the other things we need to worry about. But you are right about one thing - just follow the dollar in this country and you will usually find someone squirreling away billions at your expense. I am no expert on this issue, but wouldn't you think the firearms industry stands to profit from this laxity?
You cannot equate a Constitutionally guaranteed right to self protection to the murder of innocent lives or the punishment of criminals. If you want to complain about corruption, then do so, but don't use a horrible analogy that diminishes our unalienable right to self protection.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
The weapons manufacturers .

As an aside , our local paper prints the police blotter and every week
there are several people who have their guns stolen during house break-ins.
Many just have their guns laying around
in their house or their car with easy access for thieves.
Granted ,a gun cabinet is not the hardest thing to break into but it should
cut down on amount of easily stolen guns.
Can we just deny these idiots the right to go out and buy another one?
A lot of stolen guns in circulation ,keep your gun under lock and key.

Ah, yeah, let's blame the victims of crime. Got your car jacked. No more cars for you!! Got your wallet stolen? No more cash or credit cards for you...Idiot!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Anti gun nuts are always so ignorant. Ever heard of Taurus of Brazil? Of course not. The sell millions of firearms in the US. They used to be partially owned by Smith and Wesson. You've probably seen their guns used by Hollywood hundreds of times without recognizing it.
LOVE the JUDGE! Now THAT is a nice piece of protection right there!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Common sense..... When this issue came about those on the do not fly list one bill would have banned them from purchasing a gun for three days, permanently with a court order. Sound reasonable?

This was the GOP bill and backed by the NRA, with a few votes from Democrats it would have passed. If someone on the list obtains guns and carries out an attack we can in fact blame the anti gun activists that resulted in no law because of their all or nothing attitude.

Yeah, who the hell needs Due Process anyway. Your name is on a list, you don't know why or how you were put on that list and it took Ted Kennedy nearly a year to get off the list...Ted Freakin' Kennedy...but yeah, let's do away with Due Process because that "sounds reasonable!"

Old 03-01-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Do you have a link or evidence to back up this ^^^^ assertion?

A "gun free zone" is often used to increase the penalty for using a firearm in a crime. It is like those signs on the highway that say "work zone" - traffic fines double in a work zone.
Name a single mass shooting that took place where it was not known as a "gun free zone."

The Colorado theatre shooter made sure that he committed his crime at a theater that forbade guns. There were three other theaters within a few miles of the one where he committed his crimes that were gun "friendly" that he purposefully avoided!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok. Like this?

Or this?

More like THIS!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:42 PM

18,396 posts, read 7,007,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I hunt waterfowl, a lot, and have never had that issue even hunting on the Chesapeake with spray soaking everything.

Early on in the development of steel shot loads Winchester had a problem with the crimps not sealing and the shot rusting, but that was 30 years ago.
Small variation in shell size isn't an issue with most shotgun actions types. But the Saiga "AK" style action and box magazines just don't tolerate variable sized shells. Saiga owners will say there are numerous fixes for the issue, run only one size/brand of shells etc.

But anything you have to jump through hoops to get it to feed reliably isn't something I'd trust for anything more than fun at the range.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Criminals do not respect the law. True.
That's why I would be just as happy if semi-automatic weapons were not sold at all. To anyone. Not available. Government buyback, and if you sell one you already own to anyone but the government you will spend 5 years in federal prison. You get 2 choices - keep it for yourself and your heirs, or sell it to the government. I oppose any attempt at registration.

As far as CCW is concerned, if you own a firearm legally I think you should be able to carry it any place you wish.
I agree with your remarks regarding second amendment rights. States are infringing, and they should not do so.
Screw that, I love my semi auto 9 mm. As a woman, I had a hell of a time with a revolver. After pulling the trigger about 10-15 times my wrist and finger was in pain.

Why don't you think women have the right to protect themselves?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Pro gun folks, let's just remember this: gun rights are getting better and better every year. Several states have added concealed carry laws. Even anti-gun Illinois got concealed carry a few years ago. Sure, there are a few outliers, but on average, things are looking better for us.

Maybe this current administration can get some bills passed to prevent states from banning semi-automatic firearms and standard capacity magazines.

I'd also like to see a law preventing states/counties/cities from prohibiting concealed carry permits from being issued.

Agree completely. A Federal Law allowing nationwide conceal carry would go a long way in re-establishing our Constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and BEAR arms!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies