Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 06:36 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Don't you just love Trump's America were comments on abusing women is followed by laugh out loud. Abusing women is just so funny now. Thanks Trump!
"Don't you just love Trump's America were comments on abusing women..."

But, Bill Clinton's action were denied over and over by the press and his followers.

"It is only about sex, who cares?" was the mantra line.

"I did NOT have sexual relations with THAT woman.."

Are you referring to THAT America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 06:40 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And the Gatewaypundit is free of bias?
We are living in WaldoKitty world in this thread. It's a place where down is up and up is down.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:45 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Don't you just love Trump's America were comments on abusing women..."

But, Bill Clinton's action were denied over and over by the press and his followers.

"It is only about sex, who cares?" was the mantra line.

"I did NOT have sexual relations with THAT woman.."

Are you referring to THAT America?
The actions of others do not excuse the actions of Trump. But I don't recall people thinking abusing women was something to "laugh out loud" about, so no I'm talking about Trumps America.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:49 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The birthed thing was started by anonymous email that began to get circulated, not by Clinton herself. At this point, the water has become way too muddy now
This right here. Sadly the Republicans are oblivious to the message. Move along. The OP is known for posting alternative facts that support their agenda and troll about it.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:53 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This right here. Sadly the Republicans are oblivious to the message. Move along. The OP is known for posting alternative facts that support their agenda and troll about it.
All I know is, this is my last post in one of OP's threads. They all become circle jerks after the first page. "My source says Trump founded the USA" "Well, my source says George Washington did" "Don't care! Fake news! You used CNN and Trump says CNN is fake news!"

/end thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

It's called plausible deniability and tossing someone under the bus to cover.
What proof do you have that she originated the idea? Backbiting is a sin.

I think this 'plausible deniability' argument is projection. 'It is what Mr. Trump would try to do, so of course it must be what anyone else would try to do'.

Nonsense. All this dissembling is beneath us.

It is a matter of record that Mr. Trump pushed the fake news publicly for years long after the idea was debunked. A deliberate repeated public lie on his part!

He can not help himself, he is a compulsive liar. That does not excuse it.

It took him several years to admit he was wrong, and some of his followers (including people I know personally) are still willing to believe that he was right all along and only retracted his lies because he had to. Which in itself is very telling about some peoples willingness to accept his lying for any purpose.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. We are no longer the 'Shining City on a Hill' Mr Reagan once spoke of.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
And Chelsea Clinton pushes it now. What is your excuse for her?
I appreciate being reminded from time to time that 45 perpetuated this lie for so many years.

What is your excuse for giving him a pass on that?

Old 02-27-2017, 08:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If the fact that some random person who supports Clinton spread a rumor means Clinton started the rumor, than the fact that David Duke and other racists support trump means he is one, right? Since we are now going on guilt by association. Shall we now apply that to e actual member of Trumps cabinet?
The origin of the birther conspiracy has been attributed to an Andy Martin, a fringe politician and perennial candidate going back to 2004 and had nothing to do with Hillary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Martin

Nothing explains why Trump chose to become the celebrity face of the birther conspiracy movement.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What proof do you have that she originated the idea? Backbiting is a sin.

I think this 'plausible deniability' argument is projection. 'It is what Mr. Trump would try to do, so of course it must be what anyone else would try to do'.

Nonsense. All this dissembling is beneath us.

It is a matter of record that Mr. Trump pushed the fake news publicly for years long after the idea was debunked. A deliberate repeated public lie on his part!

He can not help himself, he is a compulsive liar. That does not excuse it.

It took him several years to admit he was wrong, and some of his followers (including people I know personally) are still willing to believe that he was right all along and only retracted his lies because he had to. Which in itself is very telling about some peoples willingness to accept his lying for any purpose.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. We are no longer the 'Shining City on a Hill' Mr Reagan once spoke of.
This.

He did retract it ONLY because he had to and yet his supporters will continue to go on and on denying that he lied for gain.
It is pretty clear that for them the ends justify the means no matter how outrageous the lie.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:17 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Relentless? Trump admitted he was wrong and moved on. What's her excuse for bringing it back up now?

It was her mom who tried to smear Obama in the first place. Just like they went after John Edwards and forced him to withdraw from the race lest his infidelity be leaked out.

This is the Clinton way. Chelsea hasn't however figured out what happens when you start to sling ****.
I don't ever remember that or his apology. I do remember him saying to move on past the birther thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies