Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 06:54 AM

5,249 posts, read 6,174,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What a bunch of b.s......no one I know has any regrets about voting for Trump, and are thrilled he is keeping his promises to the American people.

Seems a shame that the constant criticism has blinded some people to what he is actually doing.

I do not doubt this but one thing I have really noticed is how many of us have surrounded ourselves with others totally in step with our thinking and how many people simply do not voice their opinions because they feel out of place. Its why Rs where shocked when O won in 2012 and Dems were shell-shocked when Trump won.

There are many Trump voters who are legitimately disappointed. And many who simply voted anti-Clinton but are not truly shocked by him. Every single President in my lifetime has left a wide swath of disappointed voters. Its why with the exception of '88 we haven't seen three terms from one party since FDR/Truman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 06:57 AM

52,455 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Nearly 2 million corn farmers in northern Mexico lost their jobs because of NAFTA. Do you think any of them may have headed north?

Under Nafta, Mexico Suffered, and the United States Felt Its Pain - NYTimes.com
thanks for demonstrating why mexico desperately needs to import corn.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Like others here, I have yet to meet a person who regrets their vote for Trump. The media has been trying to create the narrative ever since Trump mentioned he might run. They have failed every time, and this time is no different.

I have to wonder if Trump purposely created this media circus. If he did, it worked brilliantly. With all of the nonsense put out by the MSM 24/7, if he DID do something that would make his voters regret voting for him it would likely get lost in a sea of BS.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,892,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Funny you should mention people who interview well and later turn out to be total frauds. There is a book called "Snakes in Suits: When Psychopats go to Work" that covers that phenomenon in great depth. Basically because psychopaths feel no empathy or remorse, they can fine tune their manipulative personality to win support and likeability from a lot of people within an organization. The next steps are to use the people within the company to advance their own agenda, until they get found out. Usualy by then it's too late and they have either swindled money or destroyed the business.
Great observations. Trump is the ultimate expression of that sort of aberrant personality.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Here's the thing........his popularity rating can be 10% and he is still the president. The things he signs and the things he does aren't pro-rated based upon any popularity numbers.

Rarely do I see people who are posting this stuff post "Yes, we made a mistake by running Hillary". That is where the mistake was made.

By not holding Obama to any of his promises and then running Hillary we got Trump. Quit trying to blame others.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol..I'm sure the WaPo has it's fingers firmly on the pulse of the Iowa voter.

The WaPo is all about click-bait to sell ads. Gullible libs hate Trump and reliably fall for this nonsense when WaPo preaches to the choir.

Where do you think Donny's fingers were when he was bamboozling people with BS like "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City? HOW do Trump supporters decide which fake news it is they believe? Does it merely need to come from Donny's yap or are there other qualifiers?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,085,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I have yet to hear ONE Trump voter express regrets..
Then you must not be listening.

But let me guess.... it's all "fake news."

Old 02-27-2017, 07:15 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,924,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
"Gonna" isn't a word, and the Washington Post is a political pamphlet of the Left.
Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, a man worth $60 billion and a libertarian. If this is "the left" in America, it goes to show the level of oligarchy the country has become.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
You guys want so badly for this to be true. For Trump voters to decide that they were wrong. I understand your frustration, but it is all your own doing. You paint him as the devil. There are so many false accusations and false stories that if you said he killed a puppy, and he really did, nobody would believe you. It falls on deaf ears. That's what happens when you cry wolf.

Try treating him like a normal President for a while, and then tell us when he kills a puppy and we might take it more seriously.

But that won't happen. Everyone is already dug in.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, a man worth $60 billion and a libertarian. If this is "the left" in America, it goes to show the level of oligarchy the country has become.
Seems to me that Bezos is a Globalist. I've not seen him do anything for Libertarians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies