Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 01:28 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Most black people here in the US and at 2017 have some level of European blood in them. This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I do find it sorta interesting the distress that was mentioned in the OP upon finding out about having white ancestry. I can only imagine the crapsorm that would have ensued upon a white person finding out that they have African ancestry and the "distress" learning that. LOL, the liberal white guilt BS PC media would have jumped ALL OVER that story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 01:33 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm more than a little put off by the writers comments. Frankly, if you look at what they wrote and flipped it on it's ear....a white writer finding out they've got some black in them....it would be widely seen as an ugly racist complaint.

It's 2017, not 1917 or even 1957.

Blanket statements like those made by the writer about other racial groups are just offensive unless you decide to give them a free pass based upon their race which opens up a whole other can of worms.
Because she's a journalist, I agree that her article is unprofessional and offensive. If she were just an average person writing in a blog, that would be entirely different, but she could have easily modified it so that it was less offensive...but perhaps she wanted to make clickbait.

Bye-bye journalist integrity. I remember my friggin' community college newspaper. They would have never allowed something like this to be published.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:35 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Because she's a journalist, I agree that her article is unprofessional and offensive. If she were just an average person writing in a blog, that would be entirely different, but she could have easily modified it so that it was less offensive...but perhaps she wanted to make clickbait.

Bye-bye journalist integrity. I remember my friggin' community college newspaper. They would have never allowed something like this to be published.
Journalism in this country is dead.

I'm going to get some t-shirts made up that says that exact line.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:41 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Well, you know about the "one drop rule." One drop of white blood means you're all white. I guess the whiteness just overtakes the body via the vanilla lymphatic system. Not much you can do except listen to Toby Keith and eat mayo sandwiches. The end usually comes in a marshmallow fluffer suffocation incident... just sad.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:53 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
I'm sorry, but ....(honest question) is this a satirical article?

I just clicked on the article and looked at the chick. She def is light-skinned black.

My question is, how could she NOT know she was mixed with some white in her???

I'm darker than her, and I know I even have some white genes in me somewhere.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is revisionist history. The old man my husband assisted in a law school clinic who said his name was changed to Texas, where his family wanted to go, instead what is was or where they ended up, Kentucky, probably knew better what happened to his own name than some person looking back over records over a 100 years after it happened. I also don't think my husband retold the story incorrectly over 40 years ago.
LOL so you believe some random dude in Kentucky named Texas over someone who researched the processes/procedures of Ellis Island lol!

That is hilarious and I hope it was sarcastic!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

Is she a journalist by trade? HuffPo allows basically anyone to post in certain sections that are "community contributed."

Old 02-28-2017, 02:20 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm sorry, but ....(honest question) is this a satirical article?

I just clicked on the article and looked at the chick. She def is light-skinned black.

My question is, how could she NOT know she was mixed with some white in her???

I'm darker than her, and I know I even have some white genes in me somewhere.
LOL, I think she is either an idiot or out to get some money via clickbait.

All black people I have ever met think they are part white.

Last edited by residinghere2007; 02-28-2017 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: fixed spelling

Old 02-28-2017, 02:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most black people here in the US and at 2017 have some level of European blood in them. This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I do find it sorta interesting the distress that was mentioned in the OP upon finding out about having white ancestry. I can only imagine the crapsorm that would have ensued upon a white person finding out that they have African ancestry and the "distress" learning that. LOL, the liberal white guilt BS PC media would have jumped ALL OVER that story.
In 2017; most of us "whities" don't even care if we're part "Black", some of us think it's funny and, make jokes about our own heritage.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:27 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, I think she is either an idiot or out to get some money via clickbait.

All black people I have ever met think they are pat black.
Yeah I don't get this article. I'm also black, but I'm like the traditional black (think ...Will Smith complexion). And even I know that I'm not 100% African or whatever. Definitely have some white somewhere.

But just looking at that chick....REALLY?? LOL

Then again, it's Huff Post, so probably a typical click-bait article for views/push more liberal race agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies