Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times

Advertisements

Whenever I need a good laugh I come to the POC section. Stuff like what the OP posted just crack me up. You cannot make this stuff up. The Pubs are a hoot. You just never know what they're gonna say next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 01:32 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Notice what's absent from your quote: "from his own handpicked staffers." Do you just not understand how basic reading works or something?
How does that change the fact that he specifically blames Obama?

Full quote: "No, I think that President Obama is behind it because his people are certainly behind it."

Even when Trump's actual words are laid out in print for all the world to see, people still deny he uttered them. Jesus Christ!

Old 02-28-2017, 01:35 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Wow, you don't know anything about Washington. There are still Obama and still Bill Clinton people working in these agencies that are leaking this information... not Trump's people... people still work there from the Bill Clinton days at these agencies.

Sean Spicer's staff has Obama and Clinton holdovers???

Right.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Leaks came from intelligence agencies. ..
Leaks come from everywhere.

For instance, if the ag department is requested to work on a controversial set of rules, and to keep their work secret until the relevant staff has signed off on the final draft, the likelihood is that someone will leak something to a press contact.

Last edited by jacqueg; 02-28-2017 at 02:07 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 01:49 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between
What a colossal, whining snowflake. Now it's somehow Obama's fault that his own handpicked staffers are leaking stories to the press about what a clustermess his Administration is.
Yes and they better be careful that HE DOESNT FIND OUT WHO IS LEAKING THE INFO!!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:02 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
That's a fair point and an astute observation, but - I think it's worth noting that Trump himself makes no distinction between leaks from intelligence agencies and leaks from his White House staff. So why should I?
But you have made a distinction by singling out Trump's "own handpicked staffers." You've credited your claim to a specific culprit that your own source does not cite. In short, you lied.

Quote:
Trump -

As far as the Trump creature is concerned, leaks are leaks. And according to him, Barack Obama is to blame. If he doesn't see the importance of making a distinction between which leaks he is talking about, then why should I? I take him at his word and respond accordingly.
See above. If you want your criticism to be credible, you need to present it credibly instead of lying about what was actually said.

Quote:
Please don't tell me this is going to turn into yet another thread where his supporters say, "Oh, well, no, you can't expect him to mean what he said - that's not fair! He must have meant something else, and shame on you for assuming he meant it the way he said it!"
Here's an idea: mean what YOU say if you expect your grievance to be taken seriously and don't worry about what anyone else says.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So Trump is so incompetent that he handpicked a Obama spy?
Musta been that EXTREME vetting he prides himself on.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
What a colossal, whining snowflake. Now it's somehow Obama's fault that his own handpicked staffers are leaking stories to the press about what a clustermess his Administration is.

Wah, wah, wah, the African guy is picking on me!

No explanation, of course, about exactly how Obama managed to infiltrate his staff. If President Snowflake is that paranoid, why did he hire Obama people to work in his Administration? Newsflash, Donny - the only people with access to that information are people you hired, so if they're unreliable, what does that say about you?

Moron.
Of course, it HAS to be someone else's fault. Wow. A month. How much longer can this continue?

Old 02-28-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So Trump is so incompetent that he handpicked a Obama spy?

Please. His folks are leaking because of how he is acting. Act like a president and this wouldn't be happening.
Eh.. he doesn't know how to... he thought it would be like when being on "the Apprentice" and acting like he is in charge.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Trumps personality will always blame some one else for his own incompetence,the guy cant take criticism or personal responsibility, everything is perfect or its some one elses fault if it isnt.The guy is a rank amateur at running a country and it shows he has no concept of direction and looks like he makes everything up on the fly.
He has proven how incapable and emotionally troubled he is. I don't know how he gets through a day, no matter where he would be, let alone pretending to be president. (And some believe he will last four years .. or eight).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies