Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,408,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Nah, just sick of your constant evangelizing for freeing rapists and other violent criminals just because you don't see any harm in what those nice young men are doing.
I don't remember "constantly evangelizing for freeing rapists and other violent criminals."

Quote:
These two people did a horrible, despicable thing, something that inflicted tremendous trauma on innocent people, and I just don't understand how you can not only laugh it off but seemingly almost gloat about it. It's deeply disturbing, to be honest.
What they did isn't that big of a deal.

Certainly not anything that calls for heavy prison sentences.

This is more about Trump getting elected, "white privilege", being politically correct, and the Confederate flag controversy than about anything they actually did.

Some lib judge trying to make an example of them for political reasons.

The worst thing they did was point a gun at people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seems like these two had the unfortunate circumstance of being born in this country.

They would have fared much better if they were here illegally from other country.

There are pro sports athletes who have done worse than these two.
Exactly.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:40 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,335,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They look remorseful now:
2 in Douglas Confederate flag case sentenced to years in prison

"Douglas Assistant District Attorney David Emadi detailed how the group had gone on a drunken rampage through Douglas and Paulding counties on July 24 and July 25, 2015, in pickup trucks laden with Confederate battle flags.

Emadi said the group threatened black motorists, yelled at them and walked up to one of their cars with a gun. They also threatened African-American shoppers at a Paulding County Wal-Mart and at a convenience store.

“Many good people in Paulding County saw you for what you are,” McClain said before he handed down the sentences. “Everywhere you went, 911 call centers were flooded with calls.”

Torres and Norton, who earlier were found guilty of violating the state’s street-gang terrorism law, continued to tremble and cry.
I don't mind the 28 year sentence. It sounds like they were terrorizing the neighborhood. Who would want to live around that? I kind of like the idea of stomping on it really hard and letting people know this won't be tolerated.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The incident happened in July of 2015, sixteen months before Trump's election, and long before his campaign became prominent. The outcome of the election is not cited as a factor anywhere in the linked story.

Stop simplifying and stereotyping and GROW UP! I expected somewhat less-juvenile behavior from a long-time regular, but usually-logical adversary, but apparently the infantilism over there in LeftyLand is contagious.
This happened in July of 2015. What was that OP? You said "Hooray, Trump won! We can totally get away with this stuff now!". LOL, Trump announced his run in June 2015. No one knew he would win.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,335,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I don't remember "constantly evangelizing for freeing rapists and other violent criminals."

What they did isn't that big of a deal.

Certainly not anything that calls for heavy prison sentences.

This is more about Trump getting elected, "white privilege", being politically correct, and the Confederate flag controversy than about anything they actually did.

Some lib judge trying to make an example of them for political reasons.

The worst thing they did was point a gun at people.

Exactly.
The worst thing they did was scare people at an 8 year old's birthday party, and one of them pointed a gun at them.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/nbc4i.com...ate-flags/amp/

I can only imagine what these scumbags were thinking as they terrorized party-goers (mostly kids) with a shotgun:

"Hooray, Trump won! We can totally get away with this stuff now!"

Have fun in prison, Deplorables.
2015. Your idiot hero was squatting in the WH.

But nice try.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
2015. Your idiot hero was squatting in the WH.

But nice try.
Yep, there the date is (July 2015), in the second sentence of the article. obviously OP doesn't read well, a result of our government run school system.

We can file this under the liberal spins story, fake news bin. You're trying too hard OP and it got you busted. T-310 is right, your idiot hero was squatting in the WH. Chill OP, you just made yourself look like a desperate idiot. If liberals are going to send out their version of brown shirts at least they can be a little more intelligent about it.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,012,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/nbc4i.com...ate-flags/amp/

I can only imagine what these scumbags were thinking as they terrorized party-goers (mostly kids) with a shotgun:

"Hooray, Trump won! We can totally get away with this stuff now!"

Have fun in prison, Deplorables.
They're anti-American. I'm glad they were made an example of and hope this happens more in the future.

Why do alt-right folks insist on promoting the confederate and Nazi flags? Two flags that true *Americans*, representing *American* values, defeated in war?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,408,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
They're anti-American. I'm glad they were made an example of and hope this happens more in the future.

Why do alt-right folks insist on promoting the confederate and Nazi flags? Two flags that true *Americans*, representing *American* values, defeated in war?
The Confederate flag is just as American as any other flag.

Why do you hate your fellow Americans?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:03 AM

45,351 posts, read 26,931,892 times
Maybe they should have claimed that they were mentality ill... that seems to be the canned arguments coming from the radical Islamists of late.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:06 AM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It doesn't matter who was president then. Tramp is president now and they were tried under a Tramp administration.

See? I can twist words as well as Spicer! My logic is just as flawed as his!

The thing is, these nuts assumed they would get away with what they did. Because it happened in the south, maybe? They thought they'd get away with it under any administration.

I heard this morning that they will each be serving half their sentences in jail, so I think it will be 14 years for the man and 6 or 7 for the woman.

It gave me great joy to see them weeping and sobbing after hearing their sentences. Pieces of trash..think they can do whatever they want because they're white.

Hopefully, this will serve as a warning to others of their persuasion.
My current residence is about 15-20 minutes north of Douglasville. It's in Paulding County, just north of Douglas County. I'm familiar with that area. There is a sizable redneck culture out there. I can go around those areas and find Confederate flags. I went to middle school and high school in the area. This is what I know.

Those bigoted individuals either
A) Felt invincible, and thought they could get away with it because "we're out in a redneck area, we can get away with this, we got some judge on our side".
or
B) Knew if they messed with some grown men, they might have a fight.

There have been persons who have screamed the "N" word at me in public. It never fails that said persons who did this are usually in a truck with other persons with them. I've also notice every time it's happened, I was off by myself somewhere. Those bigoted types never would pick a group of men who looked like they could fight back. Look at the church shooting in 2015. A church, a place with alot of women and elderly that night. This birthday party, mostly children and women.

Having lived several miles from that area, having been bullied alot as a youth, and being someone who wants to be friends with everybody(not only people of my ethnicity), I was glad to see bigots get what they deserve. Seeing them cry, I thought "(chuckle) That's what you get for being bigots, bullies, and cowards".

I live in the South, and yes, I can confirm there are some bigots down here. That said, I've learned they are everywhere. In Philadelphia, a Jewish cemetery got vandalized. Kansas City, an Indian man got murdered. Parts of Greater LA, racial tensions between Blacks and Hispanics. It is sadly everywhere, South, North, West, all over.

I think what makes where I live kind of bizarre is that there is still that "Old South" way of looking at things among some(not all) individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies