Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 11:36 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This is getting surreal.

Under what law were these folks convicted, if not Georgia law?
I guess I have to repeat myself with some people.

Excessive charges, excessive sentence.

Can happen anywhere, not just Georgia.

Has nothing to do with any particular state's law.

Get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So today we learned that when judges, jury members, DAs and lawyers dispense justice in Georgia courtrooms under Georgia statutes, it has nothing to do with Georgia law.

And now we have good reason to suspect that "pointing the gun at an 8 year old" never actually happened.

The only evidence we have for that is that the DA bullied some of the defendants into making it up in order to get a lighter sentence for themselves.

Happens all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What no one has mentioned is that others in the group plead guilty and got two to four years.
Apparently they got those light sentences for making stuff up that the DA wanted to hear.

The picture becomes clearer and clearer.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:37 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Locally, just a few days ag0, a 62 year old man( white) got into an argument with his city neighbors ( Spanish) over his neighbor smoking in the alleyway between their houses during their family backyard party. The older man got a shotgun and pointed at the man and his family, at which time they entered their house and called the police. The police arrived and the man still had the shotgun and refused to put it down. He was shot and killed by police. So I guess his sentence one ups what the two rednecks got.
But as I've said before, idiots have a way of colliding that ends in tragedy where normal people would completely avoid conflict.
And if this did happen before trump got elected, how is it trump's fault? If anything its that stooge's Obama's fault, he was more responsible for racial division than anybody before or after him.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I guess I have to repeat myself with some people.

Get it now?

And now we have good reason to suspect that "pointing the gun at an 8 year old" never actually happened.

The only evidence we have for that is that the DA bullied some of the defendants into making it up in order to get a lighter sentence for themselves.

Happens all the time.

Apparently they got those light sentences for making stuff up that the DA wanted to hear.

The picture becomes clearer and clearer.
What is clear is cons yet again show their true racist colors. Don't like hearing it? Then change your ways. Til that happens, expect others to see thru you & call the facts.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:40 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Trump will pardon them before he leaves... so a 1-8 year wait.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You can't just arrest people because they are a part of a group (well for the most part... barring groups the US is actively at war against anyway), you need individual proof for each and every single person you want to bring charges against. Which is hard to obtain in the case of anonymous masked rioters. And easy to obtain in the case of drunken non masked rednecks making threats and brandishing weapons in front of multitudes of witnesses.
You get a search warrant, find the masks, weapons, ISIS flags, etc., in their apartment or rental house (they apparently all live together), and build a case.

You also get a warrant to tap their phones and listen to them bragging about what they did.

Threaten the weaker ones (especially if they have a record) with harsh sentences so they flip on the stronger ones.

Maybe put a wire on some of them to gather evidence and snitch out their comrades.

Basic police work.

It's not hard.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-28-2017 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-28-2017, 11:42 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There is the question of to whom the fort belonged. From the perspective of South Carolina, the fort was theirs.

And then, just to quibble, while the Confederates fired upon the fort, they also told the fort when they would be firing on it, and where they would be aiming, because they didn't want any casualties. It sort of takes the sting out of "attack" when you go the extra mile to ensure no one is hurt.

"From the perspective of South Carolina, the fort was theirs." What are you talking about?

From the perspective of the United States of America, it was a federal fort. Federal money paid it. Federal troops were stationed there. There was no question of who the fort belonged to.

It would be like me trying to grab your computer, stating that from my perspective, it belonged to me. So step back and nobody gets hurt.

What are you smoking?

Is there enough for all of us?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:43 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,513 times
He will actually only spend 13 years in prison, and she will spend 6. Just a combination of hatred and stupidity- hard to have any sympathy for them.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:45 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
They ought to be crying. Off to the slammer. Thinking members of the Black Guerrilla Family and United Blood Nation are planning their own birthday party for these two. No cake served and things will get ugly real fast.

Last edited by msgsing; 02-28-2017 at 12:04 PM..

Old 02-28-2017, 11:46 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
The sentence is high for this crime considering vehicular manslaughter with a DUI can be much less. That does not mean I don't think they deserve to do time but this is exorbitant. Making an example. All of those who complain about drug dealers getting to long of a sentence should think this is too much also.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Locally, just a few days ag0, a 62 year old man( white) got into an argument with his city neighbors ( Spanish) over his neighbor smoking in the alleyway between their houses during their family backyard party. The older man got a shotgun and pointed at the man and his family, at which time they entered their house and called the police. The police arrived and the man still had the shotgun and refused to put it down. He was shot and killed by police. So I guess his sentence one ups what the two rednecks got.
His real problem was that he was an anti-smoking nut. Even objecting to someone smoking a cig outdoors.

Them peeps are crazy fanatical.

Quote:
And if this did happen before trump got elected, how is it trump's fault? If anything its that stooge's Obama's fault, he was more responsible for racial division than anybody before or after him.
Exactly!

As I remember, the whole thing happened because the libs went on a rampage demanding that all Confederate flags be removed from public places throughout the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies