Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 06:39 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/nbc4i.com...ate-flags/amp/

I can only imagine what these scumbags were thinking as they terrorized party-goers (mostly kids) with a shotgun:

"Hooray, Trump won! We can totally get away with this stuff now!"

Have fun in prison, Deplorables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The incident happened in July of 2015, sixteen months before Trump's election, and long before his campaign became prominent. The outcome of the election is not cited as a factor anywhere in the linked story.

Stop simplifying and stereotyping and GROW UP! I expected somewhat less-juvenile behavior from a long-time regular, but usually-logical adversary, but apparently the infantilism over there in LeftyLand is contagious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Happened in July 2015.

Obama's fault!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You didn't bother reading your own link, did you? This happened July 2015, one month after Trump announced his candidacy and 16 months before he won.

That said, I wouldn't shed a tear for these two idiots. Locking them up was the right move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey27520 View Post
This happened in July 2015 and had nothing to do with Trump. Did you not see that in the article?
not a peep from ray-ray in response to your posts.
how odd..

and yes, 28 years is a ridiculously long, virtue-signaling sentence.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:49 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,573,484 times
It wasn't 28 years, though. Raymond apparently erred. According to the article, the sentences were 20 and 15 years, with 13 and 6 years to be served respectively. Some will probably still consider that excessive, but I really don't think it's out of line considering they pointed a shotgun at children and threatened to kill them for being ******s. Prison is a damned good place for people who engage in that sort of activity, and in fact that's pretty much what prisons are for.

If the defendants had been Muslims terrorizing white children, would people still think they were being treated too harshly? I suspect not. Let's flip it around - let's say it was a truckload of Syrian Muslims with ISIS flags flying from their truck, and they pulled up in front of a yard full of white children having a birthday party... then pulled a shotgun, pointed it at the children, and threatened to kill the Christians. Do any of you think the same people would be making the same excuses that they've been making in this thread thus far? I rather doubt it, myself.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:54 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,799,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
It wasn't 28 years, though. Raymond apparently erred. According to the article, the sentences were 20 and 15 years, with 13 and 6 years to be served respectively. Some will probably still consider that excessive, but I really don't think it's out of line considering they pointed a shotgun at children and threatened to kill them for being ******s. Prison is a damned good place for people who engage in that sort of activity, and in fact that's pretty much what prisons are for.

If the defendants had been Muslims terrorizing white children, would people still think they were being treated too harshly? I suspect not.
There are no racists on C-D /s

Old 02-28-2017, 07:00 AM

15,777 posts, read 21,287,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

If the defendants had been Muslims terrorizing white children, would people still think they were being treated too harshly? I suspect not. Let's flip it around - let's say it was a truckload of Syrian Muslims with ISIS flags flying from their truck, and they pulled up in front of a yard full of white children having a birthday party... then pulled a shotgun, pointed it at the children, and threatened to kill the Christians. Do any of you think the same people would be making the same excuses that they've been making in this thread thus far? I rather doubt it, myself.
I wonder where all these people saying the sentencing was too harsh were when 12 year old Tamir Rice was shot and killed without warning by the police for supposedly pointing a toy gun at people? I seem to remember lots of posters saying that you don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot and that he should have known better, at 12. These were adults pointing a *real* gun at children. At least they're getting away with their lives.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,693,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Those two got 20 and 15 year prison sentences for yelling slurs out the window of their truck. How many should you get for posting them on the internet?
Uh, you conveniently left out the part about the SHOTGUN !

These two pictures say it all. These are the types of people who voted to put a total idiot in the WH. Now we know where the term "Low hanging fruit" came from.

When I saw the part in the article about "pickup trucks, alcohol, and shotguns", that spoke volumes. These two should be poster children for the right.

All you have to do is look at those dull eyes to know there isn't much going on inside those heads.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:05 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,327,178 times
8th Amendment.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:21 AM

38,953 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Article also said it was a "two county rampage", so the one party incident apparently was not all of it. Also there time to serve is less than the sentence. The woman got six years, the man 13. Stiff, but who needs these losers on the streets anyway?

Old 02-28-2017, 07:21 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,573,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I wonder where all these people saying the sentencing was too harsh were when 12 year old Tamir Rice was shot and killed without warning by the police for supposedly pointing a toy gun at people? I seem to remember lots of posters saying that you don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot and that he should have known better, at 12. These were adults pointing a *real* gun at children. At least they're getting away with their lives.
Very good point. I live in the South, and have a black family across the street. We look out for each other's houses, and when I'm out of town on business they notice that my car is gone and look out for my disabled wife.

If someone pulls up in front of their house and points a shotgun at them out of a clear blue sky, well - I have shotguns too. It's certainly not a situation into which I would lightly enter, but if that suddenly brewed up while I was out on my porch reading a book, I would damned well take a stand to defend my neighbors and their kids. These trailer trash wannabe Rambos are lucky nobody at that party ran into the house and grabbed a .45.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:24 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/nbc4i.com...ate-flags/amp/

I can only imagine what these scumbags were thinking as they terrorized party-goers (mostly kids) with a shotgun:

"Hooray, Trump won! We can totally get away with this stuff now!"

Have fun in prison, Deplorables.
I live about 15 minutes north of Douglasville. Alot of rednecks in that area, as well as Confederate flags. Personally, I could just laugh at that couple as they sit there crying in court. Same reaction I had when Lindsey Lohan was crying in court when she got sentenced for trying to run over someone in her car. My response is "what goes around comes around".

Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 AM

45,259 posts, read 26,754,393 times
Seems like these two had the unfortunate circumstance of being born in this country.

They would have fared much better if they were here illegally from other country.

There are pro sports athletes who have done worse than these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies