Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 11:20 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,485,918 times

Advertisements

I feel safer already. This is just another example that will contribute to the Trump Slump and dissuade foreigners from making plans to visit the US.

The 15-member soccer team had sought a ten-day tourist visa to visit US to attend the Dallas cup as guests.

“But the US embassy rejected our visa stating that we don’t have any strong reason to go there. What reason could be bigger than that we are representing our country,”

Coach Childers has also expressed her disappointment over the denial of the visa saying no proper explanation was given by the embassy, despite the team members fulfilled all the requirements as per the US visa guidelines.

Hindustan Times | US denies visa to Tibetan women

Hong Kong Free Press | Tibet women’s football team denied visas to attend US games for 'no reason'

The Guardian | Tibetan women's soccer players denied US visas for Texas tournament
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 AM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Did china have any influence in this decision? Just a thought.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:36 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,432,280 times
We sure dodged a bullet there.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:34 PM

36,597 posts, read 30,939,483 times
So the girls are from Tibet and they applied for their visa in Delhi. Are you suppose to apply for the visa in your country of residence?

This from the State Dept. on visitor visa:
You must schedule an appointment for your visa interview, generally, at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live. You may schedule your interview at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate, but be aware that it may be difficult to qualify for a visa outside of your place of permanent residence.

But Trump did it?

Old 02-28-2017, 01:37 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times
They are considered Indian residents, so New Delhi would be the appropriate place for them to go. Four of the players are Nepalese.

Most of the players were about 18 to 20 years old, said Cassie Childers, the team’s coach. India does not recognize the players as refugees from Tibet, she said, but as legal residents of India; four players are Nepali citizens.

I've looked for more info on this story but haven't been able to find any. It seems very *off* that they would be denied so flippantly.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:39 PM

25,996 posts, read 22,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
They are all considered Indian residents, so New Delhi would be the appropriate place for them to go.

I've looked for more info on this story but haven't been able to find any. It seems very *off* that they would be denied so flippantly.
I find the sources rather "odd". We all know about "The Guardian". I would think CNN would have this front and center on their website. More than a little suspicious.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 02-28-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-28-2017, 01:42 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I find the sources rather "odd". We all know about "The Guardian". I would CNN would have this front and center on their website. More than a little suspicious.
Yea, the sources are all foreign so far. I think if the story pans out as legit we'll eventually get some sort of statement from the US or India Embassy.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:58 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,647,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So the girls are from Tibet and they applied for their visa in Delhi. Are you suppose to apply for the visa in your country of residence?

This from the State Dept. on visitor visa:
You must schedule an appointment for your visa interview, generally, at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live. You may schedule your interview at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate, but be aware that it may be difficult to qualify for a visa outside of your place of permanent residence.

But Trump did it?

Stop!

you may apply for a visa in any country. I have helped many a person trying to get visas avoid the many pitfalls. OF COURSE you can get your visa anywhere, and it is NOT harder in any way shape or form.

And YES trump did do he has told every department to double down, and the racists are loving it and using it as an excuse to block non whites everywhere. Trump is a POS.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:07 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,234,444 times
Dallas Cup big time Youth tournament. One of the most respected in the nation. One which teams from around the world try to come.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:07 PM

36,597 posts, read 30,939,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Stop!

you may apply for a visa in any country. I have helped many a person trying to get visas avoid the many pitfalls. OF COURSE you can get your visa anywhere, and it is NOT harder in any way shape or form.

And YES trump did do he has told every department to double down, and the racists are loving it and using it as an excuse to block non whites everywhere. Trump is a POS.
Just saying from the web site of the state dept., instructions to apply for a B1 or B2 visa states it may be difficult to get a visa if you apply in a country not your country of residence.

But I guess they are lying and you know different. You should let them know.
So Trump ordered the embassy official (whose name I dont recall seeing) to reject these girls visa because, they aren't white? And you know this how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies