Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 01:16 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,187,137 times

Advertisements

What class! A true leader.

So..he is intent on making even more enemies who he needs to have his back.

'And the buck stops with my generals, because as I told you, I know so much more than they do.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,144,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There will be no buck stops here with Trump. Today, he blamed Obama and what he called "my generals" for the ill-advised and botched raid in Yemen where a Navy Seal, an American minor child, and a dozen or more civilians were killed in a raid that yielded nothing of value. "They lost Ryan", he said refusing to admit that he ordered the stunt and sent this man to his death. First he alienates the intelligence community and now the general corps. Way to go so-called Commander in Chief!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/the...led-navy-seal/
No class - no guts and completely devoid of leadership and any semblance of decency. He ordered this mission to show off his tough guy bonafides and now he's running away from it since it blew up in his face, due to his decision to sign off on an ill conceived and poorly planned mission.

Worst of all, he sent a good man to his death for essentially nothing, as there was no good intelligence that came of this, as he and Spicer continue to lie about.This guy is just plain awful and a DISASTER!

Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,961,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Says who? Trump? Even Breitbart is more credible than him.

Yemen SEAL Raid Has Yielded No Significant Intelligence: Officials - NBC News
I have to ask how you have more insight into what was gained from that raid than Trump might.

Pentagon officials are saying what Trump says. Unnamed 'senior officials' (what the heck does THAT mean - they could be in the department of sanitation for all I know) say the opposite. NBC and you side with those 'senior officials' .. for what reason? And John McCain .. everything he says, even though he was in the military, is quite suspect right now because it is obvious he dislikes this President and is also a worn out political animal.

It is not up to the White House to tell the public everything - in fact that would be a very bad move if they were to do so. Trump told people he would NOT signal the enemy as Obama had done and I am sure he isn't going to let us know exactly what transpired either or what useful info was gathered - nor should he. And he is not going to tell us if what they learned saved future lives either but I am sure that they would not consider the raid a success if that was the aim and they don't feel they got info to support that.

(And, p.s. While I appreciate the rep points (well .. frankly I don't much care about those - I give 'em out, I don't count my own) whoever just left a long message with a rep, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or ? and you didn't leave a name ... but, nope, I don't think Trump should automatically just fire everyone involved!)

Old 02-28-2017, 01:32 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,567,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
That's right folks, the buck stops... somewhere else. Not with the commander-in-chief, apparently.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpos...0bac2d58c6/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpos...0bac2d58c6/amp

Trying to blame his generals for an mission he alone had the power to authorize.

A mission the previous administration rejected because it was too risky. A mission that yielded nothing in the way of useful intel.

Trump is a national disgrace.

tRump is such a crybaby.

5,705 posts, read 3,655,714 times
Has Trump ever admitted a mistake? Especially amazing considering how blatantly wrong he often is.

8,302 posts, read 3,887,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
It is very unfortunate that anyone died and Trump did ok the mission (on the advice of his military commanders) but how is he personally responsible? I am certain he is sorry we all lost a good man (and I have absolutely no doubt he feels a lot of compassion for the family of this Seal) - for all YOU may think of him, he is a compassionate human being .. and I am sure he feels terrible that this happened at all, but, any mission has risks and just being in the military carries risks as well, especially if you are in a combat zone or sent on some special mission.

No one wants anyone to die - but what do you expect Trump to do at this point? You don't want him so broken up about this that he is unable to be a Commander in Chief at all any more do you?

Has there ever been a President who never had any deaths whatsoever under his command? Unfortunately, good soldiers even die while training in the US on occasion.

I am thinking perhaps you, OP, are the heartless one, not Trump.
He should do what every military commander worth his salt does. Accept the full responsibility for the actions of the forces under his command, both the success and the failure. Don't try to dodge, veer or prevaricate. Look his generals and the public in the eye and acknowledge that indeed, the ultimate responsibility lies with HIM for the success and the failure of the mission. Not his generals, not the DOD - HIM.

The harsh reality is that this Russia loving draft dodger does not belong in the same room with the soldiers that put their life on the line defending this country.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:33 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,655,714 times
I thought Trump was smarter than the generals.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:34 PM

5,717 posts, read 2,172,711 times
Listened to this interview this morning, your article is mostly fake news taking a quote out of context. He said Mattis called the raid a success and praised the generals. In no way did I get the impression he was blaming his generals for the loss of Ryan.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:36 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,180,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I have to ask how you have more insight into what was gained from that raid than Trump might.

Trump would have to attend intelligence briefings to glean that information.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:36 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,625,847 times
It was because of the video! Is this Trump's Benghazi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies