Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 12:56 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times

Advertisements

That's right folks, the buck stops... somewhere else. Not with the commander-in-chief, apparently.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpos...0bac2d58c6/amp

Quote:
Asked about the matter during an interview with Fox News’ “Fox ‘n’ Friends,” Trump repeatedly said “they” were responsible for the outcome of the mission, in reference to the military.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

“I can understand people saying that. I’d feel ― ‘What’s worse?’ There’s nothing worse,” he added. “This was something that they were looking at for a long time doing, and according to [Defense Secretary Jim] Mattis it was a very successful mission. They got tremendous amounts of information.”

Trying to blame his generals for an mission he alone had the power to authorize.

A mission the previous administration rejected because it was too risky. A mission that yielded nothing in the way of useful intel.

Trump is a national disgrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 12:56 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Default Trump blames "my generals" for fiasco in Yemen.

There will be no buck stops here with Trump. Today, he blamed Obama and what he called "my generals" for the ill-advised and botched raid in Yemen where a Navy Seal, an American minor child, and a dozen or more civilians were killed in a raid that yielded nothing of value. "They lost Ryan", he said refusing to admit that he ordered the stunt and sent this man to his death. First he alienates the intelligence community and now the general corps. Way to go so-called Commander in Chief!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/the...led-navy-seal/

Old 02-28-2017, 01:03 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
While there are variety of factors to blame for problems with the mission, the fact is the buck stops with him. That is what comes with the responsibility of his position.

Of course Trump did not have any say in the tactical mishaps, nor even had a say in the tactical planning, but he is ultimately responsible.

Just like a Navy captain; he may have been asleep with the OOD ran the ship aground, but fact is the captain is responsible for the ship and everything that happens, and the buck stops with him.

Many people do not want this kind of responsibility, and it is fine, but there are those who want the privileges and notoriety of such positions, but not all of the responsibilities.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
That's right folks, the buck stops... somewhere else. Not with the commander-in-chief, apparently.

Trying to blame his generals for an mission he alone had the power to authorize.

A mission the previous administration rejected because it was too risky. A mission that yielded nothing in the way of useful intel.

Trump is a national disgrace.

Trump didn't plan that mission... the military did.

SEAL missions tend to be extremely dangerous. We lost a man on this one. It's unfortunate but it happens.

And you're wrong about the mission failing... a lot of important intel was gathered.

Your fake outrage is silly and ridiculous.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
As someone said today -- With Trump, the buck always stops over there...somewhere....

Old 02-28-2017, 01:06 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There will be no buck stops here with Trump. Today, he blamed Obama and what he called "my generals" for the ill-advised and botched raid in Yemen where a Navy Seal, an American minor child, and a dozen or more civilians were killed in a raid that yielded nothing of value. "They lost Ryan", he said refusing to admit that he ordered the stunt and sent this man to his death. First he alienates the intelligence community and now the general corps. Way to go so-called Commander in Chief!

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/the...led-navy-seal/
Exactly. I've never seen Trump ever take responsibility for something that isn't good...the buck doesn't stop here with Trump, unless it's dollars that stop at his bank account.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

SEAL missions tend to be extremely dangerous. We lost a man on this one. It's unfortunate but it happens.

And you're wrong about the mission failing... a lot of important intel was gathered.

Sorry, but the POTUS/COMMANDER IN CHIEF, shouldn't be blaming the military, saying "they" lost Ryan.

This is a pretty good way to lose support of the Military.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:12 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
It is very unfortunate that anyone died and Trump did ok the mission (on the advice of his military commanders) but how is he personally responsible? I am certain he is sorry we all lost a good man (and I have absolutely no doubt he feels a lot of compassion for the family of this Seal) - for all YOU may think of him, he is a compassionate human being .. and I am sure he feels terrible that this happened at all, but, any mission has risks and just being in the military carries risks as well, especially if you are in a combat zone or sent on some special mission.

No one wants anyone to die - but what do you expect Trump to do at this point? You don't want him so broken up about this that he is unable to be a Commander in Chief at all any more do you?

Has there ever been a President who never had any deaths whatsoever under his command? Unfortunately, good soldiers even die while training in the US on occasion.

I am thinking perhaps you, OP, are the heartless one, not Trump.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:15 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
As someone said today -- With Trump, the buck always stops over there...somewhere....

So true, so true.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:16 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

Says who? Trump? Even Breitbart is more credible than him.

Quote:
Last month's deadly commando raid in Yemen, which cost the lives of a U.S. Navy SEAL and a number of children, has so far yielded no significant intelligence, U.S. officials told NBC News.

Although Pentagon officials have said the raid produced "actionable intelligence," senior officials who spoke to NBC News said they were unaware of any.
Yemen SEAL Raid Has Yielded No Significant Intelligence: Officials - NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies