Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2017, 07:20 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Even if that was the case (none of us will ever know what happened) there is still no reason for that story, with murders all over every day, to become what it did.

The media had to really reach to use the term 'white' for Zimmerman. It wouldn't have been the thing they wanted it to be saying Hispanic, which is what he is.
TM Female friend said that TM asked GZ why are you following me , and after not receiving a reply or answer , then and only then did a fight occur "" so which one provoked the fight"" I say GZ did..

Old 03-04-2017, 07:46 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellow26 View Post
Since there has been some publicity around the shooting recently, given that the 5 year anniversary was a couple days ago, it got me thinking - that incident was really the beginning of the end for the left. Instead of fighting against climate change, wealth inequality, the war on drugs, and things that most rational people could get on board with, the left (and I consider myself on the left) took a turn towards identity politics with incredibly divisive incidents that were sloppily reported on to create a narrative - a narrative that there's an epidemic of black people being murdered by white people and police officers.

This narrative is and was false when looking at the larger picture and statistics. It was driven purely by anecdotes. And yet anybody who pointed this out was called a racist, on the wrong side of history, etc. This identity politic/blm/social justice way of looking at the world does not stand up to critical thought. And so smart, skeptical people found themselves supposedly on the "wrong side of history." I myself was called a right winger for pointing these things out. And to me, this made it clear that the left was in trouble. I don't think it's a coincidence that Trump is now president...anyone agree?
A teenager racially profiled by a dude (see 911 call!) who had what many consider a horribly put together law on his side signals 'the beginning of the end for the left'......!

Old 03-04-2017, 07:48 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times
Actually, your title should read "The Trayvon Martin Murder"...

Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd say ramming Obamacare down everyones throat was the beginning of the end.
From that point forward Dems lost seats in every election.

Obama's election had nowhere to go but down because the man was not qualified to do the job.
But he got two terms, and presidential experts from all backgrounds put him at 12.....!

Old 03-04-2017, 08:09 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Liberals/progressives and democratic are at each other throats over why Hillary lost. Major divide that will take a long time to heal as the three branches of the party split even further with the election of the new DNC chairman. The Obama coalition, the progressive coalition and the Bernie coalition has a lot of soul searching to do.
This coalition part is surprising. I like Obama. I think he did some things good i.e., economy, jobs, trying different with foreign policy without jumping into new wars. But I never understood him siding with Hillary. I think it happened during last DNC chair election also.
I think, it is too early predict end of democrats. Hillary won more votes than Trump. They should have majority in house. I think, Senate is going to be difficult for them with so many red states now.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
A teenager racially profiled by a dude (see 911 call!) who had what many consider a horribly put together law on his side signals 'the beginning of the end for the left'......!
Dispatcher, "What color is he?"

Zimmerman, "Black, I think."

Yeah, wicked racial profiling there.

Oh, wait, you probably heard the call edited by the media trying to make this about race.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Actually, your title should read "The Trayvon Martin Murder"...
Who did Trayvon murder?

Old 03-04-2017, 09:14 PM

66 posts, read 39,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Oh, wait, you probably heard the call edited by the media trying to make this about race.
Exactly my point about the media spinning things, resulting in a divisiveness, where to simply undo the spin makes one sound like a racist.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Did you listen to the part about him talking about 'these punks', even though he was the one following Travon? And did you hear his demeanor? Dude sounded like he should've been nowhere near a gun, let alone having one!

A dude like him, armed, patrols a gated community and follows cats. And y'all think that's alright, and think any criticism of that is a left wing propaganda.....!

Old 03-05-2017, 02:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
The cops were called to the neighborhood numerous times to investigate crimes that had occurred. If a large percentage of those calls involved "young black males", wouldn't it be appropriate that a "young black male" would fit the description of crimes committed in the neighborhood by "young black males"?
Young black male(12 to 24 y/o) describes 6 million individuals in this country. SO yes, thanks for proving my point.

Further more, Martin did not commit those crimes. He was innocent, and yet still stereotyped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies