Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 04:20 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That, and Mark Fuhrman took the 5th on every question he was asked. This is what lost it in my opinion. I could have gotten OJ off after Fuhrman took the 5th.
99% of the question that the defense asked Fuhrman was irrelevant having nothing to do with the case at hand. When question were asked about the evidence found he answered every one of them.
In fact all evidence that the prosecution presented could not be disputed by the defense and they didn't even try. Blood in OJ's car, blood in OJ's bedroom, OJ's blood at the crime scene, bloody gloves at OJ's house, OJ's DNA every where and so on.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I always knew the media was biased. But when I heard a radio station play the 911 call that Zimmerman made only to find out it was altered that's when I really knew how the media will trick you.
I believe that fake 911 call was released by NBC TV.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
"The Trayvon Martin shooting was the beginning of the end for the left"

Afro Peruvian kills African American. The Media tried selling this as a White on Black murder which was a false premise to begin with. Why would the media try to perpetrate this lie

" Gladys Zimmerman said on Univision. "In my family we proudly come from the Afro-Peruvian race. My sons know their uncles, they know their aunts, they know their roots and my roots are not white, my roots are Afro-Peruvian."

Gladys Zimmerman, Mother Of George Zimmerman, Says Her Family Is 'Proudly Afro-Peruvian,' But Do His Black Roots Matter In Trayvon Martin Case?

Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Hands Up Don't Shoot, but the cops shoot anyway and wound a therapist who was trying to help and autistic man. Of course it had to do with the fact that the therapist was black and the patient was hispanic. The autistic man had a truck in his hands not a gun. I guess the cops don't know the difference?

Florida cop who shot unarmed therapist was aiming for his patient - NY Daily News

THIS IS WHAT THE HANDS UP, DON"T SHOOT IS ALL ABOUT.
The cop who shot the therapist is a menace to society and deserved to be criminally charged.

That doesn't counter the fact that many people aren't going to immediately believe "hands up don't shoot" because of primarily the Brown case and also Martin.

What were we told about Brown at the beginning? It was reported he was on his knees with his hands up and shot execution style in the back of the head.

When the Martin 911 tape was edited and the photo released was of him as a 12-year-old, people realized the media had an agenda.

That's why "hands up don't shoot" became a joke.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 PM

66 posts, read 39,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It started the phenomenon of coming up with any excuse to blame black people for getting shot by police or vigilantes for something as criminal as sitting in a park. Or selling individual cigarettes untaxed.
Some of these cases do appear to be murder, from what I can tell. But there are white people murdered as well, by cops, and we don't hear about it. And many of the cases (like the Mike Brown shooting) are justified.

Yet we make a list of black people getting shot, throw them all in as example of police brutality, which they're not, and anyone who points this out or has a nuanced perspective will be run out of town as a racist. Many people can see this but they'll just keep their mouths shut for obvious reasons.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:31 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellow26 View Post
Since there has been some publicity around the shooting recently, given that the 5 year anniversary was a couple days ago, it got me thinking - that incident was really the beginning of the end for the left. Instead of fighting against climate change, wealth inequality, the war on drugs, and things that most rational people could get on board with, the left (and I consider myself on the left) took a turn towards identity politics with incredibly divisive incidents that were sloppily reported on to create a narrative - a narrative that there's an epidemic of black people being murdered by white people and police officers.

This narrative is and was false when looking at the larger picture and statistics. It was driven purely by anecdotes. And yet anybody who pointed this out was called a racist, on the wrong side of history, etc. This identity politic/blm/social justice way of looking at the world does not stand up to critical thought. And so smart, skeptical people found themselves supposedly on the "wrong side of history." I myself was called a right winger for pointing these things out. And to me, this made it clear that the left was in trouble. I don't think it's a coincidence that Trump is now president...anyone agree?
Watching the movie documentary The 13th https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_(film)

Is a real
wake up to the true plight of the black demographic in the USA.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol, isn't that the truth.

The physical evidence, made public, backed Zimmerman's story.

Is Zimmerman a POS? Sure, but that doesn't mean he was in the wrong for protecting himself.
He should not have followed Trayvon - then he would not have had to *protect* himself. The police told him not to get out of his van, but he did because he wanted to play cop.

Btw, on the day of the incident, Zimmerman already had a record that included an accusation he attacked an undercover police officer and that same year, he had a restraining order due to domestic violence. Zimmerman was the thug in that case, not Trayvon.

https://urbanintellectuals.com/2015/...rge-zimmerman/

most recent incidents:
Quote:

— September 2013, Zimmerman’s estranged wife, Shellie, dials 911 and tells a police dispatcher that her punched her father and threatened her with a gun. She later decides against pressing charges and authorities announce in November they are dropping the case.

— September 2013, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper stops Zimmerman along Interstate 95 and issues a warning because the vehicle’s tag cover and windows were too darkly tinted.

— November 2013, Zimmerman is arrested by Seminole County authorities after a disturbance at a home in Apopka.

— Jan. 2015 – George Zimmerman has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon in another domestic violence incident

Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Collectivism is still unnatural and evokes a negative reaction for all of us once it gets to a certain point. For me it's when someone says the word.

The Left's threshold has been expanded which has caused some of their members to jump ship.

Those that have remained have doubled down on collectivism. Proof is they couldn't defeat Donald Trump.

Donald Trump...(big sigh)...wow.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"The Trayvon Martin shooting was the beginning of the end for the left"

Afro Peruvian kills African American. The Media tried selling this as a White on Black murder which was a false premise to begin with. Why would the media try to perpetrate this lie

" Gladys Zimmerman said on Univision. "In my family we proudly come from the Afro-Peruvian race. My sons know their uncles, they know their aunts, they know their roots and my roots are not white, my roots are Afro-Peruvian."

Gladys Zimmerman, Mother Of George Zimmerman, Says Her Family Is 'Proudly Afro-Peruvian,' But Do His Black Roots Matter In Trayvon Martin Case?
I do NOT think it was a color thing --but ego on ZIM's part and profiling-- he looked like a thug--- he could have been Chinese, same thing would have happened- he wanted to be the BIG man and it killed a kid who was going home-- made him react and that is that - I raised 3 sons in Miami BTW

Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM

66 posts, read 39,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Hands Up Don't Shoot, but the cops shoot anyway and wound a therapist who was trying to help and autistic man. Of course it had to do with the fact that the therapist was black and the patient was hispanic. The autistic man had a truck in his hands not a gun. I guess the cops don't know the difference?

Florida cop who shot unarmed therapist was aiming for his patient - NY Daily News

THIS IS WHAT THE HANDS UP, DON"T SHOOT IS ALL ABOUT.
That's why I said these things should also be looked at from a statistical level, not anecdotal. The police shoot just as many white people as they do black, for a given number of encounters. The week where Alton Sterling and Philandro Castile were shot, there were (statistically speaking) four white people shot by the police as well. And none of us know or care about it. This is classic confirmation bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies