Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 06:34 PM

62,782 posts, read 28,987,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What "high paying jobs" do illegal immigrants do?

If you're speaking of construction work, you know that they're getting paid less than citizens who need to be paid via the system and have taxes taken out, unemployment and workers comp insurance paid, etc... right?

So, first of all, a person needs to be qualified. Next, they need to be willing to work for wages that are lower, because the people doing the hiring are used to paying somewhat lower wages... next, they need to be RELIABLE.

So, add all that up and see what caliber of workers you'll have building houses if you get rid of all the immigrants doing it now.

I have never met a white dude who really liked framing houses and installing roof shingles in the 90 plus degree weather we get here in summer.

Yet, I see many immigrants do it without complaint.

Construction, landscaping and many other blue-collared jobs use to pay well or at least a fair wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. Americans were already doing those jobs so they were already qualified and reliable. Are they supposed to work for less than a fair wage to compete with illegal aliens who don't even have a right to be in this country much less to be working here?

Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" by the way. White, black, etc. Americans have always worked out in the sun framing houses, etc. Are you serious? Illegals aliens (not immigrants) don't complain because they are fearful of being deported therefore their employers exploit them. They aren't superior workers in the true sense of the word either. I live across from a tract of homes built by illegals and they workmanship was so shoddy that many of the home owners up and left them.

Why in the world would sing the praises of illegal aliens? Aren't you a citizen of this country? Why don't have you have any respect for the rule of law and our own American citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 06:49 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,299,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Kate Stienly should not of been murdered by someone who's been deported 4 times.

I would think Kate should not have been murdered by anyone. You think her family would feel better is she had been killed by a White Anglo Saxon American citizen? I don't think so.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:50 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,752,974 times
Not that anyone on this board cares, but Hitler actually did this same thing in Germany. It's straight out of the Nazi playbook whether you all want to admit it or not.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:58 PM

1,896 posts, read 809,260 times
Quote:
Kate Stienly should not of been murdered by someone who's been deported 4 times.
I absolutely agree that she shouldn't, but then again that line of thinking could apply to a lot of things. From my perspective, illegal immigrant crime is a minuscule blip on the map. We have over 320 million people in this country and there be a handful that die needlessly every week.

I just don't scare as easily as some folks.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:08 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,325,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its when you stereotype a race over it. We have TONS of crime. Apparently those voicces dont deserve to be heard? Stay classy
Exactly. And when immigrants as a whole commit less crime than the population as a whole, Trump's actions were pathetic and were just designed to fan the flames of xenophobia.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:28 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,886,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Elaborate. Trump has been in office how long and how trotted out victims of illegal immigrants how many times already?

These folks are a disgusting prop for folks like you to get angry about.
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have never had a close family member killed by an illegal alien......

Old 03-01-2017, 07:30 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,886,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not that anyone on this board cares, but Hitler actually did this same thing in Germany. It's straight out of the Nazi playbook whether you all want to admit it or not.
That's just pathetic.
Your post, I mean.....

Old 03-01-2017, 07:41 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,236,881 times
Quote:
Exactly. How horrific.

My friend should not have had her car totaled (while driving w/her three young kids in the car) by an illegal. Who was drunk driving in the morning. Who already had a few DUIs under his belt. Who jumped out of the car he slammed in to hers and started running. Thankfully a few passerbys jumped out of their cars, chased him, caught him and sat on him until the police arrived.

Unfortunately the judge (this took place in DE & my friend was only driving through the state on her way up to visit family/friends in NJ) let the illegal go on his own recognizance.

Guess who NEVER showed up for the court dates?

Guess who "disappeared" & couldn't be found? Translation: ran back to Mexico (he WAS from Mexico).

Guess who had medical bills to pay & a totaled car to replace (that she couldn't afford)?

Guess who had no recourse & no closure for any of the above? My friend, whose husband (Air Force) was in Afghanistan when this happened.

Wasn't the illegal's car, it was a legal family member's car. Wasn't the illegal's drivers license, it was his legal family member's DL. Who claimed his illegal family member stole both his car and his ID, so no skin off of his back.

Not anywhere near as tragic as what happened to Kate Stienly, but it could have been.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:51 PM

1,896 posts, read 809,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Maybe and maybe not but the simple fact remains that any crime they commit from theft to murder is wholly avoidable by them not being here.
And that makes it twice as bad? 4 times as a bad? 20 times as bad? Can you quantify how much it makes it worse than if a citizen did it.

No one wants illegal immigrants committing crimes, we just differ in the scope of the issue and the solution to the issue.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,236,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Hitler created an office to help victims of illegal immigrant crimes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies