Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
These people who believe that dangerous operations can be carried with never a man lost are living in a dream world.
They are blaming Trump because in their world someone must be blamed for everything.

Neither Trump nor "the military" can be "blamed" for the death of the SEAL.
Did they "blame" Obama for all the lives lost on his watch? No. They blamed Bush.
I seem to remember Republicans grandstanding 9 times over the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Van Jones is an idiot and no one "becomes" presidential by exploiting a war widow.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This is wrong.

CNN does actually report real news from time to time. But they are clearly fake news at other times.

I have no clue how they decide and why they do this.

The point is CNN is not a reliable source or even a reliable secondary source.
No. "Fake" means totally untrue and fabricated, i.e., the Bowling Green massacre. Giving an opinion about something that's unpopular with many is not "fake."

I can't repeat this enough and posted the video more than once. I watched Kellyanne Conway on CNN for 25 minutes or more answering questions about all the "fake news" stories this White House has accused CNN of reporting and she could not name one. She kept saying "I agree, but..." She had a similar experience on MSNBC and often didn't answer a question and, like her boss, said she didn't have any information about this or that, to avoid responding. Since then, she just goes on Trump friendly networks like Fox.

Fake news is when I read "CNN cuts off Bernie Sanders" when I was watching the interview live and know that's not what happened.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Van Jones is an idiot and no one "becomes" presidential by exploiting a war widow.
I agree. At first it was a nice gesture and I felt only compassion for that beautiful, grieving woman. However, Trump knew there's been a lot of controversy about the Yemen mission. Just the other day he blamed the generals and took no responsibility at all for the deaths of 4 Americans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I seem to remember Republicans grandstanding 9 times over the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi.
Such hypocrisy! Trump will continue to take credit for business deals that were made before he was elected but he will never accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-01-2017 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: add quote

Old 03-01-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Here ya go, cowboy.

[url=http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/trump-blames-military-for-botched-raid-that-killed-seal/]Trump blames military for SEAL’s death | New York Post[/url]

Why is he authorizing raids a week into his presidency between the salad and entree courses at Mar-a-Lago, and not monitoring them and later blaming others for his incompetency?

Maybe he should have been sitting in on those intel briefings, maybe?

I swear, I know you're going to post some sort of defense, but you would not leave it alone, so there you go.

In case someone questions your source, I saw the same story in "Military Times."

[url=http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-blames-generals-seal-death]Trump blames generals for Navy SEAL's death in Yemen raid[/url]

Old 03-01-2017, 01:25 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Fake news.

Sidebar: I'm pretty sure she'd rather her husband not be dead because Trump was careless, but if it makes all the rah-rah types happy...
Mattis (Mad Dog) and Gen Dunford (Joint Chiefs of Staff) presented the plan to Trump and he approved it. We are talking Mad Dog here, if he presented me with a plan, I'd approve it too. I understand why some question our involvement in these operations. However, a president following Mad Dog's recommendation is not carelessness.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:29 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Van Jones finally realized Trump is President .

--
CNN political commentator Van Jones said that the moment when President Donald Trump addressed Carryn Owens, the widow of slain US Navy SEAL William "Ryan" Owens, was a crucial moment.Source: CNN

Van Jones: The moment Trump became President - CNN Video
I agree with Van Jones. President Trump's speech last night was out of this world.

It may be the turning point everybody was looking for.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
You might have wanted to focus on Hillary Clinton & Susan Rice blaming it on a youtube video.

This is why they have been routed from power.

And why Mr White Lash, Van Jones is now praising Trump.

It speaks for itself.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:52 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Those deaths were shown to be senseless, the circumstances of their death covered up, and it was all done so that Obama, six weeks away from re-election would not have to take the heat and could pretend that terrorism was a myth.

The death in Yemen yielded valuable information. The deaths in Benghazi did not, and were not necessary.

The deaths in Benghazi helped to destroy Hillary, and in that respect they served their country well.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I see nothing there quoting Trump as saying it was the militaries fault..........

His responsibility should end after a he says Yes or no to a mission.

I wish Johnson and Nixon would have not tried to micro-manage the Vietnam war..........
in you had read the article, you would have seen this little tidbit;

Quote:
During an interview on “Fox ‘n’ Friends,” the commander-in-chief repeatedly said “they” — meaning the military — were at fault for the death of Owens, whose dad, Bill, refused to appear with Trump when his son’s body was returned to the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Based on the little I know about the situation, it seems the Obama administration chose not to go ahead with the mission because there wasnt enough intelligence to insure the safety of the military personnel that would be carrying out the mission. The trump administration decided to go in and do it anyways and it cost this man his life.
in combat, even the best laid plans go out the window with first contact with the enemy. and you cannot always have perfect intelligence either. intelligence agencies often rely on less than reliable characters, and people with an agenda, and even the intelligence operatives have their own agendas, and their own ideas on things.

trump was given the best information available, and he made a decision, obama did the same thing during his administration, and in all cases people died as a result.

one thing we have to understand is that being a special forces operative is not like any other form of military service. for instance, while our military is all volunteer, if you are say a jet mechanic, you go where they tell you, when they tell you. and you chances of seeing combat are limited, even in time of war. however you are not assigned to any special forces units, you have to volunteer. and you can leave the unit at anytime, in fact they try to make you leave the unit because they know, and you know as well, that your chances of seeing combat just went up from virtually zero, to very nearly 90% or better.

the people who volunteer for special forces are a different breed, even from marines. they know that they are going to see combat, and they train for it. they go in thinking they may die on the mission, but they also go in thinking they are going to give their all to the success of the mission, and they will leave no one behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies