Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:03 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times

Advertisements

You could be a successful fiction writer.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:04 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
People have such a high and mighty attitude toward illegal immigrants. Are they breaking the law? Yes. But how many of you haven't broken the law even once in your life? Such as driving over the speed limit, driving while "buzzed," or without insurance, stealing something, failing to pay child support, whatever. Being here illegally is considered a civil offense. It is no worse than driving over the speed limit in the eyes of the law. So before you judge them, consider your own behavior.

Illegal aliens have no business being here. Period. How is it wrong to judge them for that? No one forced them to come here, let alone steal a job. No one forced them to have kids either.

I love how you and your ilk compare illegal immigration to getting a speeding ticket If I got a speeding ticket, I would own up to it and pay the ticket. Compare that to illegal aliens who wail and gnash their teeth if they get caught. They expect everybody to feel sorry for them and reward them with amnesty for breaking our immigration laws.

If an illegal gets deported and sneaks right back in here, it's a felony. Ponder that.

You feel so sorry for them? Move a family into your home and pay for their immigration lawyers.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:25 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
People have such a high and mighty attitude toward illegal immigrants. Are they breaking the law? Yes. But how many of you haven't broken the law even once in your life? Such as driving over the speed limit, driving while "buzzed," or without insurance, stealing something, failing to pay child support, whatever. Being here illegally is considered a civil offense. It is no worse than driving over the speed limit in the eyes of the law. So before you judge them, consider your own behavior.
Got me on speeding. I guess I need to adopt an 'open borders / never deport' stance because I drive a few ticks over on the highway. It's so simple.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:29 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Here's something more to consider, who are being "demonized" are in fact worthy of it as they are Criminal Illegal Aliens, not just Aliens or Immigrants.
And, the biggest part? They are being placed on a list AFTER they commit further crimes against citizens of this country.
So, tell me again how that's anything like the Nazis?
If this site lead to people having a problem ONLY with the people listed on the site, I would not have an issue with it.

But, 9/11 taught me that people in the US will turn on an entire religion or ethnicity quite easily.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How is "VOICE" demonizing immigrants? Do you think the sex offender registry demonizes people?

As for "VOICE" --- it will list illegal aliens who have committed crimes past the crime of entering this country illegally. Some of these illegals have been deported several times only to sneak right back in here. And yet you're worrying about demonizing them

Do you think that the sex offender registry has caused anyone to generalize and attack innocent people?

VOICE doesn't care about the race of any illegals. The worst of the worst come in all shapes and sizes.
The sex offender registry is a practical tool.

I don't need to know who was speeding in Peoria. Or anywhere else.

My state already has a mug shots website I can browse if looking up people who recently broke the law is something I feel like doing.

EVERYONE around here who has been arrested is on it.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:38 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Illegal aliens have no business being here. Period. How is it wrong to judge them for that? No one forced them to come here, let alone steal a job. No one forced them to have kids either.

I love how you and your ilk compare illegal immigration to getting a speeding ticket If I got a speeding ticket, I would own up to it and pay the ticket. Compare that to illegal aliens who wail and gnash their teeth if they get caught. They expect everybody to feel sorry for them and reward them with amnesty for breaking our immigration laws.

If an illegal gets deported and sneaks right back in here, it's a felony. Ponder that.

You feel so sorry for them? Move a family into your home and pay for their immigration lawyers.

You're right comparing an American getting a speeding ticket as justification of millions invading our
country llegally is so ridiculous that it is beyond words.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:40 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Only legal citizens of the United States should have to follow our laws. Trump doesn't seem to grasp this notion! This is why Trump is like Hitler.

When do the burning in the ovens start?

Old 03-02-2017, 06:42 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
more scare tatics and knee jerk reaction from the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
It is terrifying. I just saw this idiot of a president announce VOICE, literally taking pages from Nazi Germany, and the *******s at CNN plaster pro-Trump propaganda all over their front page because he LOOKED Presidential.

Call it an "easily repeatable phrase", but I honestly, and truly believe that this country is screwed and nothing other than the rise of a literal dictator can shake this ignorant population into waking up. What the hell are people doing? We just saw two months of a heaping trash fire of a presidency actively try to wedge divides between people and pass unconstitutional drivel. This president is corrupt, with easily verifiable ties to a foreign nation that has for decades tried to influence the country's most influential positions by illicit means. He's an international embarrassment every single day his swamp ass is on that chair in the Oval Office. And today, even his biggest detractors are piling praise onto his lap for standing on a podium and reading. They're praising the same speech in which he announced VOICE as "presidential".

Let me just repeat that, they're praising the same speech in which he announced Nazi Germany tactics as "presidential".

You'll forgive me if I think this country is screwed. Because for the very first time, I can confirm with 100% certainty that it is. I could've seen us a way out of it had there been unrelenting, sustained opposition to his bullcrap and have the population and the press cut through the bullcrap for 2 years, and maybe, MAYBE in 2018 people would've woken up to reality to vote enough Democrats into office to begin a formal impeachment process. Maybe. But it's not gonna happen for the same reason you said. This was never a change of heart from the media, all they wanted was a boom-bust cycle, and this entire time this has just been another ****ty narrative they pushed just to turn it around and push the other way for ratings on both sides. It's all kinds of disgusting, the notion that they're doing this with this presidency that's pushing this agenda is disgusting.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Why would you be "terrified?" Are you also "terrified" of things like lists of "sex offenders" in your area?

Old 03-02-2017, 06:57 AM

858 posts, read 707,395 times
I think there's concern because most of us see how this is going to go. call me a skeptic but I see it happening a few ways. Trump wants to backup his arbitrary claim about immigrants. Since this group/website is going to control and data and message, it will be skewed. We'll see how it is done but I can see they simply putting stats with no actual valid information...nothing for the actual Press to critique and verify. This is Trump controlling the message. This info that cannot be verified will then be used in his promotional material and ads in support of his agenda. Even if it is proven false, i'm sure they will discredit the actual real media and leave up false information.

This is going to follow the same pattern with the travel ban. He makes an arbitrary decision and then tries to make up facts to justify it. A real President and leader would go where the facts take him and make a rational decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies