Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:31 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How is the sex offender registry a practical tool as opposed to criminal illegal alien registry?
You need to know the 18 year old who had sex with his 17 year old girlfriend or the hermit nerd who looked a naked pictures of young girls lives two blocks away but not a person in this country illegally that has committed a crime or multiple crimes?
Sex offender registry..aka property value reducer.
If the government still considers them a threat, keep them locked up, don't tell me to keep my kids away from them and lower my property value with their stupid registry.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:44 AM

858 posts, read 707,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Well, I see how the leftist media is going to try and shape how it is going to go, so yah. Perception is reality and media is the great perception-maker, right?
Fact of the matter is that you cannot take anything this administration says as fact. You need the media to dig and critique. Without them, everything Trump says is meaningless since he has shown a propensity to distort the truth

Old 03-02-2017, 08:56 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
All VOICE is is a website being set up by the Department of Homeland Security where you can find out about all the illegal alien criminals in this country.

That's a good thing.

Chillax.

Take a Carnival cruise or something.
But websites are terrifying.

OP clearly needs to retreat to their safe space.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
Fact of the matter is that you cannot take anything this administration says as fact. You need the media to dig and critique. Without them, everything Trump says is meaningless since he has shown a propensity to distort the truth
Hmm, kind of like the McMedia no?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:59 AM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Sex offender registry..aka property value reducer.
If the government still considers them a threat, keep them locked up, don't tell me to keep my kids away from them and lower my property value with their stupid registry.
And having criminal illegal aliens in the neighborhood wont lower property values?

Old 03-02-2017, 09:00 AM

858 posts, read 707,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Hmm, kind of like the McMedia no?
No...that's the media's job to dig and investigate

Old 03-02-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
No...that's the media's job to dig and investigate
You intentionally ignored what I was saying, no big surprise

Old 03-02-2017, 09:43 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
Fact of the matter is that you cannot take anything this administration says as fact. You need the media to dig and critique. Without them, everything Trump says is meaningless since he has shown a propensity to distort the truth.
I trust neither. The mainstream media are masters of truth distortion. My point stands. The media will try to push a narrative about this just like *everything else.* I have no CLUE why you think anyone should look to that institution for some sort of objectivity.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:14 AM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How is the sex offender registry a practical tool as opposed to criminal illegal alien registry?
You need to know the 18 year old who had sex with his 17 year old girlfriend or the hermit nerd who looked a naked pictures of young girls lives two blocks away but not a person in this country illegally that has committed a crime or multiple crimes?
^^^^This

I couldn't rep you again. Great response!

It amazes me that there are people freaking out over VOICE, yet have no problems with a sex offender registry

Old 03-02-2017, 11:42 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
It is terrifying. I just saw this idiot of a president announce VOICE, literally taking pages from Nazi Germany, and the *******s at CNN plaster pro-Trump propaganda all over their front page because he LOOKED Presidential.

Call it an "easily repeatable phrase", but I honestly, and truly believe that this country is screwed and nothing other than the rise of a literal dictator can shake this ignorant population into waking up. What the hell are people doing? We just saw two months of a heaping trash fire of a presidency actively try to wedge divides between people and pass unconstitutional drivel. This president is corrupt, with easily verifiable ties to a foreign nation that has for decades tried to influence the country's most influential positions by illicit means. He's an international embarrassment every single day his swamp ass is on that chair in the Oval Office. And today, even his biggest detractors are piling praise onto his lap for standing on a podium and reading. They're praising the same speech in which he announced VOICE as "presidential".

Let me just repeat that, they're praising the same speech in which he announced Nazi Germany tactics as "presidential".

You'll forgive me if I think this country is screwed. Because for the very first time, I can confirm with 100% certainty that it is. I could've seen us a way out of it had there been unrelenting, sustained opposition to his bullcrap and have the population and the press cut through the bullcrap for 2 years, and maybe, MAYBE in 2018 people would've woken up to reality to vote enough Democrats into office to begin a formal impeachment process. Maybe. But it's not gonna happen for the same reason you said. This was never a change of heart from the media, all they wanted was a boom-bust cycle, and this entire time this has just been another ****ty narrative they pushed just to turn it around and push the other way for ratings on both sides. It's all kinds of disgusting, the notion that they're doing this with this presidency that's pushing this agenda is disgusting.
Nope not terrified of VOICE.

Terrified when obama and hillary endorsed the terrorist group BLM, whp advocated killing cops and resulted in cops being killed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies