Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I just can't understand how professional people with public profiles can't use more self-control when using social media. One must be suffering severe moral superiority to dash out such nastiness without much thought of the consequences - which in today's world is swift and severe.
Agreed. Same goes for politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
He's not wrong - Trump is using her. Very much so.

But that was a stupid and insensitive tweet regardless.
Heartless comment, just heartless. That's all.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:29 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Either the guy is a complete moron with mental issues....or was half way into a bottle of whisky when he posted that.

It's the g-dang internet, you can get fired for that chit...wth.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:33 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Low blows like this is typical of extremist democrats and people either ignore them or are fed up with their pathetic behavior.

Yeah, I know. In the world, according to Trump:

WE= GOOD

EVERYTHING ELSE= BAD !!!

Old 03-02-2017, 12:46 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
That lady is going through hell right now. I am absolutely certain however that Trump and his staff were very sensitive to that and she knew exactly what would probably happen if she came to the speech .. they would have prepared her as well as possible and asked her to be absolutely sure she wanted to go before they would have brought her there. While I am not sure anyone knew the clapping would go on so long (most of it was really genuine - to honor her), she knew she would be singled out and why. I am sure no one asked her to clap either - I would bet she did that naturally to help herself during what was obviously a hard moment. I probably would have as well in her place - she may have been clapping for her husband as well .. certainly not for herself as many/probably most others were.

But, in any event, Trump did NOT use her! I am truly certain he wanted to honor her and her husband. He has made no bones about the fact that he reveres the military and what they do for all of us. He is compassionate too - and if he thought she could not handle it at all yet, I am sure he would never have even opened his mouth, even if he could have gotten her to attend.

The only thing I wished had happened was that Ivanka (or someone, anyone) would have tried to hug her during that long time when it was obvious she was in so much pain. I could see Ivanka trying to figure out if that was a good idea - she wanted to comfort her - but I wish she or someone had tried because parts of that scene were so painful for anyone watching who has ever lost a loved one and knows what it could feel like, especially so soon after it happened. It was so hard to watch her so alone and grieving and not be able to reach through the screen and try to hold her as she cried. And I am sure it was all a 100 times worse for her than it was for us to watch. I wish her peace as she tries to find a new normal.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:05 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Liberals self projecting again. Once again, they spit on the memories of our fallen soldiers. Keep it classy, losers.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
"Dem Who Called SEAL Widow an 'Idiot' Fired After Letter From Retired SEAL" Fox News Insider March 2, 2017

"As it turns out, a retired Navy SEAL had written a letter to the company demanding Grilo's dismissal."

"He praised President Trump for the "incredibly classy" gesture and for showing the American people an example of the many Gold Star widows that are out there.
"She is a strong woman who has displayed grace in the presence of hurt. Mr. President ... you earned my respect and the respect of my fellow SEALs by doing this. And and if you need anything, you give me a ring," Van Orden said."

Dem Who Called SEAL Widow an 'Idiot' Fired After Letter From Retired SEAL | Fox News Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies