Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:42 PM

11,198 posts, read 8,234,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
I agree with Schumer on this one....and I can't stand they guy.
I can't stand Trump either, but that was not the question. I loath the guy, but can agree on at least one thing:

1. Invest in infrastructure. That one is easy for me.

Also:
If he can actually reduce the cost of healthcare (I don't think he can) and maintain or increase benefits, I'm on board.

Decreasing the cost of Medicine, should be a non-partisan, no brainer

I think he's the worse President ever, and I can come up with things he said that I like. People on BOTH sides of the aisle need to open their minds, find something positive, and try to make that positive change, even if there are other things you can't get behind. Look for the good, focus on the good, strive for the good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 01:51 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,583,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I can't stand Trump either, but that was not the question. I loath the guy, but can agree on at least one thing:

1. Invest in infrastructure. That one is easy for me.

Also:
If he can actually reduce the cost of healthcare (I don't think he can) and maintain or increase benefits, I'm on board.

Decreasing the cost of Medicine, should be a non-partisan, no brainer

I think he's the worse President ever, and I can come up with things he said that I like. People on BOTH sides of the aisle need to open their minds, find something positive, and try to make that positive change, even if there are other things you can't get behind. Look for the good, focus on the good, strive for the good.
After reading several "fact checkers" after his speech, it's hard to know if there is any good. I'm shocked that his supporters would fall for what he said. I mean, I don't know these things myself, but when I read the fact checkers and they are so clearly laid out (the facts), it just leaves me shaking my head.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:00 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,777,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
After reading several "fact checkers" after his speech, it's hard to know if there is any good. I'm shocked that his supporters would fall for what he said. I mean, I don't know these things myself, but when I read the fact checkers and they are so clearly laid out (the facts), it just leaves me shaking my head.
Why does everyone keep letting him get away with the claim that 94M are unemployed and actively looking for jobs? He repeats it over and over and it's a lie.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:00 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,957,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
His speech was "delivered" well ...considering that the Donald isn't exactly a dynamic speaker. But unless some of his platitudes are made into reality, by Congress, they're just empty speech. I'll only be impressed if his healthcare promises come to pass. It has to be cheaper, have better medical coverage, lower deductables and cover more people than the ACA does. Until then, I'm with Schumer!

I am not quite sure how anything Trump/Congress puts in place to replace the ACA could insure fewer people since .. before the ACA there were, I believe we were told, something like 13 million who didn't have health insurance and that was who the ACA was going to insure - and after ACA we have at least that many who as a result of the ACA NOW have no health insurance even though the original number of 'no coverage' people may actually have coverage.

Sounds like a wash to me or darned close. It just changed the names of the people without coverage .. it didn't fix the problem (even at great expense to everyone except perhaps those who now have the ACA 'coverage' - which may or may not be useful to them when fewer and fewer doctors want to accept it and fewer and fewer insurance plans actually want to deal with the ACA at all).

Old 03-01-2017, 02:02 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Until the investigation clears him of any ties to Russia, he shows his taxes and attempts to be president for ALL of America, not just Trump supporters, then we'll talk.
So you are a believer in guilty until proven innocent. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:04 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why does everyone keep letting him get away with the claim that 94M are unemployed and actively looking for jobs? He repeats it over and over and it's a lie.
Because it's the truth.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:13 PM
exm

3,704 posts, read 1,752,515 times
Quote:
Have you fact checked Obama's State of the Unions?

Old 03-01-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
His supporters believe it. I'm just shocked. You know, there have been presidents in office that I voted for but I was not afraid to read a fact check article about one of them and shake my head when they said something ridiculous. I could admit it. These people either won't admit it or they are truly stupid, which they keep saying they are not.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Have you fact checked Obama's State of the Unions?
Yes, what of it? He got called out too. No argument there. But he's gone now. So if you believed Obama's fact check articles when describing his misstatements/lies, are you believing Trump's?

Old 03-01-2017, 02:26 PM
exm

3,704 posts, read 1,752,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yes, what of it? He got called out too. No argument there. But he's gone now. So if you believed Obama's fact check articles when describing his misstatements/lies, are you believing Trump's?
So when Obama state a false fact: is it just that, or is it a lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies