Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 12:16 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
bull pucky

the first line from your linked story

Female Democratic lawmakers staged a quiet protest during President Trump’s first speech to Congress on Tuesday night

This was about saying "hey Trump hates women" which is a lie. and utter and complete fabrication and is morally reprehensible. but democrats make high art of being morally reprehensible. so I suppose it was typical
That's a lot of hate for a link there, snowflake. Are there some deeper issues you'd like to talk about?

Old 03-01-2017, 12:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
What is your opinion of the Democratic women in white?

To me is was a little childish. Like uniforms from a parochial school.
They are the party of no, all for show.

It was meaningless and added to their irrelevant nonsense.

The DNP/DNC have become so petty that they won't even applaud the things they actually like.

Yes, childish from the so-called "adults"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am a woman. I can vote, work, drive, travel, go to school, earn the same salary as my male counterparts... what were these woman silently "protesting"?? What exactly is Trump taking away from them?
That's just it... these people are protesting EVERYTHING when there is nothing they are losing at all... except, their Queen.

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Since everyone is so concerned about what women wore to last night's speech, did anyone see the low-cut, sequined dress that Mrs. Trump had on. Yowza! No Pat Nixon there.

Ivanka Trump's bra strap was showing. What was that about?
Dang! I listened to most of it on the radio.

I guess I'll need to google that image. You're making me regret not recording it on my DVR.

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Since everyone is so concerned about what women wore to last night's speech, did anyone see the low-cut, sequined dress that Mrs. Trump had on. Yowza! No Pat Nixon there.

Nookie over wookie.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You mean the ones that were sewn because of a comment Trump made himself?
said the Snacker that backed Hillary who defended her serial woman abuser husband... and ran the group that destroyed the lives of every woman Bill sexually assaulted.

Scooby Snacks thinks Trump is evil and should not be near the whitehouse because he SAID something.
He is perfectly fine with Democrats DOING things like raping women, sexually assaulting women...or even getting drunk, wrecking a car and leaving a woman to DIE.

so yea vaghats are appropriate so long as you are protesting a SAYER and not a DOER. saying = bad. doing... not so much

Old 03-01-2017, 12:19 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:

Melania - there's been an apparent Twitter storm on her clothing, with strong debates about whether or not sequins were appropriate in Congress.

Ivanka - don't know if that was her bra strap or the design of the dress.

Have no (zero) interest in debating about what these ladies wore other than to say that both women looked absolutely beautiful. Very nice first family.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From what I heard by the talking heads prior to Trumps speech, these ladies were wearing white as a nod towards the Suffrage Movement and an expression of concern about womens' rights being taken backwards.
Um... It's actually the liberal/Dem SJWs that are reversing women's rights. Food for thought...
Quote:
"Girls from a swim team in New York City's Upper West Side are too scared to use the women's locker room at a Parks Department swimming pool. In March, a sign appeared noting that everyone has the the right to use the restroom or locker room consistent with their "gender identity or gender expression." Around the same time, the girls, who range in age from about seven to 18, became concerned after they saw a "bearded individual" in the women's changing room.

...An employee at the center who spoke on condition of anonymity says the individual using the locker room appears to present as a man—wearing swim shorts or trunks to swim, with sideburns going down into a beard—which is partly what alarms the girls and their parents. Staff members have also been warned that asking individuals to prove their gender identity would be discriminatory. "Our hands are tied," the worker said. "We can't say anything about it."
Transgender Bathroom Laws: Parents Balk And Ask, Locker/Shower Rooms Too? | Time.com

What is described above is without a doubt sexual intimidation, committed against girls, in a public facility (park district). Yet somehow, liberals/Dems don't view this as removing girls'/women's rights.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:22 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... It's actually the liberal/Dem SJWs that are reversing women's rights. Food for thought...

Preaching to the choir, dude.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:25 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am a woman. I can vote, work, drive, travel, go to school, earn the same salary as my male counterparts... what were these woman silently "protesting"?? What exactly is Trump taking away from them?
My wife and I watched the speech last night. When I saw the women in white, and the network announcer told us they were wearing white in support of women's rights, I asked my wife about this. I asked her to honestly tell me what "rights" I as a male had that she did not.

She thought for a minute or two, during which time I told her to be completely honest with me if she had any thoughts. After thinking for a few minutes she finally said, none, I can't think of anything it's legal for you to do that it isn't legal for me to do as a woman.

I had no idea Trump was attempting to take away their right to vote, or be out in public without male companionship, or deny them drivers licenses etc... I literally had no idea these crazy ideas were being promoted by Trump!

Old 03-01-2017, 12:26 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:

You made me go Google it. She looked good. Too funny to see a bunch of people who thought Ivanka's dress was too "cocktail". Probably the same people who whine about women's rights, lol. Not a fan of bra straps showing - intentionally or otherwise - but she looked good, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies