Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 01:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Sessions was clearly asked whether there was anyone “affiliated with the Trump campaign” who communicated with the Russian government during the campaign."

"Sessions admitted that he fit this definition of being affiliated with the campaign — as a surrogate (and, really, a top adviser as well) — and said he “did not have communications with the Russians.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.141a295592f1

Really doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.
No, Franken asked;

"...and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

He did not even ask Sessions if he had contact with the Russians, he asked Sessions what he would do if there is evidence that anyone affiliated contacted the Russians.

Really, this is total BS. As much as a despise Trump and probably Sessions even more, this is like some trumped of BS some third world country would do. His meetings with Russia are not exactly secret, he was a senator and on the Committee. The question and answer session was in the context of people on the campaign meeting with Russia in support of the campaign. Sessions was in fact meeting with Russia in his role as a senator, not a person on the campaign.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:30 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Sessions was in fact meeting with Russia in his role as a senator, not a person on the campaign.
Do you know this for a fact? Was anyone else present?

Old 03-02-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I think Trump is the symptom of a bigger problem, like how the Russian government can co opt US generals and senators. The US political system needs a massive purge if the Russians can get this level of influence in the US government.
What influence? I have yet to see this influence. Talking to someone is not influence. Trump was elected, it is as simple as that. Unless someone can prove Russia or anyone tampered with the votes, then I do not find what there is to debate about.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This.

This is why there's no real case here. As much as I dislike Sessions, this is a smear campaign. Franken asked about the campaign, not if Sessions spoke to Russia before the campaign.
So far - we know of at least 5 different investigations about this phony "Russians stole the Election" from the Presumptive Queen - at yet to see a single shred of any proof at all that anything happened.

The Major News Media have offered up a series of "anonymous sources" - beginning in December.
CNN - New York Times - Washington Post

How is it that James Clapper testified that there was NOTHING?
How is it that John Brennan testified that there was NOTHING?
How is it that the FBI James Comey told the Intelligence Committee that there was NOTHING?

Why is it that these 3 Media outlets STILL continue to publish these Anonymous Sources and the Intelligence Community can't substantiate any of it?

Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Do you know this for a fact? Was anyone else present?
It is up to the accuser to prove otherwise. Sessions was in fact a senator, and was in fact a member of the Committee. Congress members do in fact meet with foreign countries.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
What is the purpose of these investigations?

A witch hunt, to say Sessions lied.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
...Sessions was in fact meeting with Russia in his role as a senator, not a person on the campaign.
Says who? Sessions?

According to one Justice Department official, “There’s just not strong recollection of what was said."

You don't say.

But that might not even be true as an anonymous Trump administration official told John Harwood on Wednesday night that the election was indeed discussed, but only in “superficial” terms and it wasn't the “substance of their discussion.”

Whether Sessions is in legal trouble or not remains to be seen.

Pence has yet to weigh in, but Trump is standing by Sessions.

Team Trump has apparently decided that rather than throwing the crew overboard one at a time, they'll stay and fight it to the bitter end.

Remains to be seen how long before the Republicans in Congress will mutiny.

Personally, I hope they hang in there until the middle of the 2018 campaign.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Says who? Sessions?

According to one Justice Department official, “There’s just not strong recollection of what was said."

You don't say.

But that might not even be true as an anonymous Trump administration official told John Harwood on Wednesday night that the election was indeed discussed, but only in “superficial” terms and it wasn't the “substance of their discussion.”

Whether Sessions is in legal trouble or not remains to be seen.

Pence has yet to weigh in, but Trump is standing by Sessions.

Team Trump has apparently decided that rather than throwing the crew overboard one at a time, they'll stay and fight it to the bitter end.

Remains to be seen how long before the Republicans in Congress will mutiny.

Personally, I hope they hang in there until the middle of the 2018 campaign.
It is up to the accuser to approve, or are you one one those who thinks people are guilty and have top prove innocence?

Of course Sessions probably does not recall the details of the meetings, he meets with a whole lot of people, that is his job.

Like I stated, it is up to the accuser to prove. Show the proof, and I will be the first to call out Sessions on it, because I do not like the guy.

So far I have seen nothing other than a poorly worded question, and a spin reaction to the answer. No one has shown any proof that Sessions spoke to the Russians in his capacity as a member of the campaign.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:45 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Presser at 4PM. Should be interesting.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You said he claimed he didn't remember the meetings. Where did he say that?

Oh, that's right he didn't, but you just don't know what the facts are here. You may want to educate yourself on this subject before inserting your foot in your mouth.
Doesn't matter what I claim. This entire matter can quickly be put to rest when Sessions submits the official transcripts of his meetings with Russian Ambassadors. Wouldn't you agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies