Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 03:45 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm a Trump basher through and through and will always be (it's fun to see the Trumpettes hyperventilate). But I will say this: if he can put a stop to these companies outsourcing jobs, I'll be impressed and see him as a little less of a douchebag than he was before......maybe!
Hahaha! It's fun to see you hyperventilate. So, you admit to posting here just to rile up people because that's your main form of recreation. There's a word for posters who do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 03:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Name me one industry that claims it has enough qualified workers.

There is no such industry.

Every industry claims to have a "shortage of qualified workers." Because they want more people to try and become qualified, so that they have a larger applicant pool to choose from.
One also has to keep in mind that the pools are different from state to state. Thus if they can't get people to move to another state, then outsourcing pretty much kicks in.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:36 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Steven, CTFD. I was being sarcastic. I know there's no such thing as a magic wand. Geez you guys are so uptight!
Not uptight a bit... but how is one to tell the sarcasm from the b.s. in here? There's so much of it

Old 03-02-2017, 06:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This isn't about immigrants or the like. I can't find myself getting mad at immigrants or people who like multiculturalism.
It's a natural extension. Specifically about immigration. No immigration, no immigrants.

Quote:
I can only get mad at the persons who control the hiring and the paying. The American wage is viewed as too high for many companies. Some companies want a cheap worker.
Incentives to keep jobs here. Lower the tax rate for companies here. Tax companies that deliver the "goods" here but use workers overseas.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:21 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Oh please, this could happen anywhere. Layoffs and jobs being shipped overseas has taken places in more conservative, homogeneous areas. The rule everywhere is MONEY.
Now, lets make the distinction between for profit corporate enterprises and non profit public institutions like UCSF.

If the public sector is forced to outsource , then we need to review fast what on earth are we doing wrong and make efforts to fix it.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:01 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
I thought Trump was going to wave his magic wand and put a stop to this. He went on and on about how he made Carrier stay here and according to him he was just getting started. He made it sound as if by the time he finished, outsourcing would be but a distant memory. Why isn't he doing this for the folks over at UCSF? Maybe he doesn't like IT people?
Magic wand? Doesn't like IT people? He said that?

If he does try to do something about it will YOU back him?

The guy's a business man. They actually try to get things done. That's the only way one can succeed unless you're ensconced in the political machine.

When they fail, they try something else because they go out of business if they do nothing.

That's how it works in real life

Politicians can't relate to that. Their bad ideas and failures stay foisted upon us for years and years.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
I thought Trump was going to wave his magic wand and put a stop to this. He went on and on about how he made Carrier stay here and according to him he was just getting started. He made it sound as if by the time he finished, outsourcing would be but a distant memory. Why isn't he doing this for the folks over at UCSF? Maybe he doesn't like IT people?
Anyone who works in IT knows that as technology advances, then less IT people will be needed to support it. Since they were let go before the end of the school year, I'd guess the new technology came in and this group of people were unable to support it and were too expensive for the support it actually needed. Probably only needed telecommuters.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:07 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Anyone who works in IT knows that as technology advances, then less IT people will be needed to support it. Since they were let go before the end of the school year, I'd guess the new technology came in and this group of people were unable to support it and were too expensive for the support it actually needed. Probably only needed telecommuters.
Are you conflating telecommuting with lower skilled IT? If so that is just incorrect.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:10 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
as an IT guy, I can tell you the quality of work is sh*tty that comes back from India. and they will find every way to over bill the clients for it.
Yep. Why can't the jobs be done by UCSF students (undergrad or grad, whichever can do the job) in a work/study or internship program that either pays or offsets tuition?

Old 03-03-2017, 06:11 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
yep this is what your CORPORATE people will do- keep thinking they on your side. pff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies