Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 08:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,528,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
America has been invading and/or bombing countries right and left (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Libya, Granada, Dominican Republic), fighting proxy wars in other countries (Nicaragua), using the CIA to try to overthrow foreign governments (South Vietnam, Iran, Chile, Cuba) since WW II, and has set itself up as the world policeman with at least 140 military bases all over the world.

But when Russia throws its weight around a little bit, we're supposed to be outraged.

Too funny.

Yes, America had its reasons for doing what it did.

So does Russia.
When you compare the United States of America to Russia the United States of America comes off as a ""lesser of two evils""!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 08:54 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
All these accusations all over the left side of the media begs the question from me, what's wrong with being friends with Russia? They're not the worst country of the there, I mean, we're friends with Saudi Arabia for crying out loud . The US and Russia we're friends before during the Civil War, the US and UK were enemies until WWI and now both countries are joined at the hip. So what's wrong with being friends with Russia? Who doesn't want us to be friendly with them? The British?
OP, I'm a Trump supporter but I don't believe we can be friends with Putin. He's like Obama, he'll say one thing and do another and not to be trusted and sneaky. We don't need to poke at him like Democrats are doing either, eventually Putin may get tired of it and who knows how he'll react. I'm not saying be a coward but Trump and "his team" is perfectly capable of handling him, Dems just want to point to the boogie man and fear monger. Lets just hope Democrats don't cause even more problems with them.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,834,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I can provide you with plenty of examples.
Gorbachev for being an idiot as he was, trying to sit on two chairs at once - to "change the system" and to avoid unnecessary reforms at the same time ( which brought a LOT of hardship to the general population, and basically broke the system.) Yeltsin, - yet another useful for the West idiot, who, because of his ineptness and desire to enrich those close to him, struck all kind of wrong deals with the West, ( not to mention the American economists who were sitting in Kremlin, and whose "decisions" he was implementing, signing them as his own "decrees.") The results? Devastating economic reforms that followed, broken ties between former Soviet Republics ( where people voted to stay together by the way, ) with yet again terrible consequences for the economy. So more suffering for the population.
Putin, with his cleptocratic upper crust of the "new Russians". Endless corruption, nepotism, yachts and villas in the West for them, "patriotic songs" and the dogmas of Orthodox Church ( to keep everyone obedient and pacified) for the rest.
Various Russian tzars with their stubborn belief in their "divine rights" and refusal to implement the necessary changes in order to alleviate the suffering of the commoners.
Stalin with his "no man, no problem."
( I won't touch Khrushev and Brezhnev here, since put in the context of the Soviet system, they were relatively benevolent to the general population.)
So what else do you need here?
What is all of it have to do with russian rulers stubbing their enemies in the back?

Old 03-02-2017, 09:00 PM

1,478 posts, read 784,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You know what your best Republican President Ronald Reagan said that Russia is the " Evil Empire "......
That was when they were a communist country running an empire.

Hey, you know what, you are right. We do need to spend more money starting confrontation with Russia.

Russians, if you are reading this, you know as well as I do the Catch 22 shown historically throughout the history of empires. Time to switch from offering the olive branch to the next plan. The one that exploits the weakness of empires. They are expensive to run--militarily. The US is too overextended globally in its military commitment to running it's global empire. Make the US burn money and suck the financial life out of the average American. Start creating terrorist attacks throughout all American colonies. Force America to burn money fighting daily a thousand battles on hundreds of battlefields across earth.

For any black African this how you fight America. Make its military fight continually all over the earth. Hit and run. For every soldier you kill the American empire will have to replace that soldier with a new recruit. Force America to cut back money on social programs and building up its infrastructure because it has to shift revenue fighting insurrections all over planet earth. Force America to cut back on the pensions of retired government workers. Latinos, Arabs, Asians, Russians this how you fight the Americans. Send their young back maimed and scared and force the empire to exponentially grow it's debt.

Semper.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
When you compare the United States of America to Russia the United States of America comes off as a ""lesser of two evils""!!!!!
The United States is the most evil nation on earth, second only perhaps to North Korea.

God is on Russia's side. And you will soon find that out.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:06 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,528,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I suggest you study history a bit more. Reagan was referring to the Communist, Soviet Union. Not Russia. And if you recall...liberals supported the USSR. It was only after Russia gave up on Communism that leftists turned on them.
I don't ever remember liberals supporting the Soviet Union myself , was that In The Democratic party platform?!?!?!?

Old 03-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Also Russians, time to consider drawing Americans into the Ukraine. But you need to make them fight in many other battlefields around the world battling guerrilla fighters. Send the children of Democrats back home missing legs, eyes, and arms. And make the American empire destroy it's own economy so bad those maimed children of Democrats will live like impoverished serfs for the rest of their lives.

Economic and psychological warfare making them send their children defending the empire to its farthest outposts.

Make the US commit to war in the Ukraine. Obliterate that country and force the US to send tens of thousands of soldiers to die over there. On foreign soil.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
We should be friends with Russia. I have always felt this way. In fact, the two men most responsible for avoiding nuclear war between the USA and Russia over the past fifty years have both been Russians!

First time was in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Which was, btw, pretty much our fault. One of our warships was dropping depth charges on a Russian nuclear sub. An act of war, btw. The sub commander wanted to unleash a nuclear torpedo. But the XO stopped it.

Second time was in 1983 during a cute little game Reagan was playing called Operation Able Archer. We were launching faux nuclear ICBM attacks on the USSR. Just to see how well they could respond. USSR thought one of these attacks was the real deal, and a silo commander was told by the Kremlin to let loose a nuke. He deliberately and flagrantly disobeyed orders and refused to do so.

WWIII avoided. Reagan was quite the idiot, folks.

We did many things to the USSR during the Cold War that had they done them to us, we would have considered them acts of war. And we always had a huge lead in them in nukes during that time. Trust me. Or look it up. I grew up in the DC area, my dad worked for the NSA. I grew up hearing those stories of how things really were. We had nukes as close to Russia at the time of the Cuban Crisis as they did to us in Cuba. But ours had been there....In Turkey...For months. But I guess we didn't like them to do the same as we did. The USA wax guilty of tons of hypocrisy like this during the CW.

Russia's arsenal today is about equal to ours. Combined we both constitute 90% of the world nuke arsenal! Putin would make an excellent ally. The main difference between us now and for the last few years has been that we tend to back different regimes in the Middle East. And we don't care for some of Putin's past expansionist policies and actions. But I think these differences in philosophies can be ironed out.
It would behoove both parties to do so and become partners. Together we would indeed run the World.
Great post overall. But disagree with bolded.
1. Putin's past expansionist policies doesn't exist in reality. He is trying to build an economic cooperation with his neighbours and every independent state that wants to participate in it. In fact, Putin invites every country and offers them equivalent partnership and mutually beneficial relation. But western globalist propaganda intentionally misinterpreting it and saying that Putin wants to build old USSR, Putin has expansionist policy etc. That's BS!
2. USA & Russia would never run the world together because Russia has no mental illness like "the american exceptionalism" that sounds more than arrogantly in 21st century in the current multipolar world. Because Russia never wanted to be the world policeman. Because Russia has no desire to run the world.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Who calculated that?
I think if God would whispered the truth in your ear you would be bitterly disappointed.
USA has been on the wrong side of history very often. US comitted genocide against natives, enslaved blacks, massacred Filipinos, nuked Japanese, poisoned Vietnamese, ruined Yugoslavia, bombed Iraqis, droned Pakistanis, messed up Libya, created jihadists, armed terrorists, supported Child Beheaders in Syria, instigated civil wars around the globe, and the list goes on ...

Old 03-02-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
The United States is the most evil nation on earth, second only perhaps to North Korea.

God is on Russia's side. And you will soon find that out.
Thank God I have already found out that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies