Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times

Advertisements

Okay, how about these, Better now?

Quote:
The Obama administration funneled billions of dollars to activist organizations through a Department of Justice slush fund scheme, according to congressional investigators.
GOP wants to eliminate shadowy DOJ slush fund bankrolling leftist groups | Fox News

Quote:
Republican lawmakers have reintroduced a bill that would prohibit the U.S. Department of Justice from keeping parts of fines and penalties and prevent federal agencies from requiring defendants to donate money to outside groups as part of settlement agreements.

Last week, House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-VA, submitted the Stop Settlements Slush Funds Act of 2017, or H.R. 522. Goodlatte’s committee, sometimes referred to as the lawyer for the House, has jurisdiction over matters relating to the administration of justice in federal courts, administrative bodies, and law enforcement agencies.
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...uckduckgo.com/

Quote:
Because truth-in-labeling laws are among the laws from which Washington feels exempt, the titles of congressional legislation often take liberties with the facts (e.g., the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act). The Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act, however, precisely names the ailment for which it is the remedy.

The Justice Department has negotiated “bank settlement agreements” whereby banks make restitution to the government for the damage they allegedly did in connection with the creation and sale of residential mortgage-backed securities in the subprime mortgage crisis. Our subject here is not, however, whether the sums extracted from the banks (e.g., Citigroup $7 billion, Bank of America $16.65 billion, JPMorgan $13 billion) are proportionate to their alleged culpabilities. Rather, our subject is what Justice does with millions of these dollars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.abe06d811f09

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-06-2017 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 03-06-2017, 09:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Ok, so now my question is, why is the Right talking a out this now, when this happened over a year ago? If there was any illegality (afaik, there is no law concerning this, otherwise there would have been charged already), somebody would be in jail right now. But no one is. Also, this is heavy editorializing, calling it a shadowy slush fund, slush fund, etc., means an appeal to emotion, which means it's still biased. Even if it's in WaPo, I don't see this in any centrist news anywhere, and George Will is a partisan hack anyway

Old 03-06-2017, 09:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Default Obama's DOJ funneled billions of taxpayer dollars to liberal activist groups

The Obama administration funneled billions of dollars to activist organizations through a Department of Justice slush fund scheme, according to congressional investigators.
It’s clear partisan politics played a role in the illicit actions that were made.

The DOJ is the last place this should have occurred.

"""Findings spearheaded by the House Judiciary Committee point to a process shrouded in secrecy whereby monies were distributed to a labyrinth of nonprofit organizations involved with grass-roots activism."""

Obama DOJ Funneled BILLIONS to Liberal Activist Groups - Fox Nation

Obama DOJ Funneled BILLIONS to Liberal Activist Groups - Huffington Post

This is a serious offense, in undermining Freedom & Liberty.

Last edited by BentBow; 03-06-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 03-06-2017, 09:16 AM

Now that Trumps guys and gals are "in the know" the chit is hitting the fan and all the corruption and evil in the Communist plans is being exposed.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Well since I don't want to act like the left i.e... melt down, calling for heads to roll before seeing evidence. I'll wait for evidence but it's good that it's brought to our attention. As I recall Obama raised taxes, wanted to raise them more and Hillary would have. If this is where our tax dollar is going I'd be p*ssed.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:21 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
So they were taking tax dollars from Christian family people and using those dollars to destroy the family and the fabric of our society. Not that I didn't already strongly suspect this was happening.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:28 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
How dare you equate Democrats with Communists? Smear tactic, much?

The Democrats I know are loyal and patriotic Americans who are very concerned about the state of our country following Trump's inauguration. You need to look elsewhere for "Communists". I can provide suggestions, if you really need them.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:30 AM

25,545 posts, read 17,251,719 times
I had read about this a couple of weeks ago.

Holder, Lynch, and Obama were a disgusting group. The political appointees are still out there - many of them - and they are still doing what they can to further the Democrats attempt to restructure America more to their own liking.

Like almost all Americans, I thought that money collected in all those DOJ lawsuits went back to the general fund. Wrong. The Democrats just used the money to further their own cause.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,674,960 times
Ya just gotta laugh, sometimes.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 AM

Everyday, Trump's administration digs into what has been done, to this nation's freedoms and Liberties of the people over the decades and peeling back just the last 8 years, is uncovering some very damaging attacks on liberties and the Constitution.

It would not surprise me to find out, a plan to destroy freedom & liberty forever, was being enacted, to bring us into a one world governance, with us no longer being sovereign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.