Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 02:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Also, wouldn't he need to explain this?

Trump packs Cabinet with wolves of Wall Street

During the campaign, he spoke as much about her ties to Wall Street as he did about her emails.
The swamp got swampier.

This is why he started up with "fake news!"

Old 03-02-2017, 02:53 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He thinks he is.

The rest of America sees him like a little kid trying to drive from a booster seat and steering towards a telephone pole.

Frightens some, but entertains others.

That's not what I asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 02:58 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
" Whatever happened to "Lock Her Up!" "

Leverage. If the democrats don't stop the bull crap, it will be back.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
That's not what I asked.
Welp...

That's my response.

Roll it around and enjoy it.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Default oooooooh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Whatever happened to "Lock Her Up!" "

Leverage. If the democrats don't stop the bull crap, it will be back.

I hope so!

But I seriously doubt there's anyone in the GOP with the guts to back up their decades of BS.

Talk is cheap.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:14 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Welp...

That's my response.

Roll it around and enjoy it.

You seem to have difficulty understanding what was actually said. And instead only hear what you want to hear. Then, when corrected, you simply come back with some childish response.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You seem to have difficulty understanding what was actually said. And instead only hear what you want to hear. Then, when corrected, you simply come back with some childish response.

This is certain:

One of us (I won't say which) is having a real hard time dealing with tRump's big, bold talk.

The other is enjoying the schadenfreude.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
For those condoning the "lock her up" course of action you realize she first has to be charged with a crime then go through the legal system of a trial, from the allegations i'm seeing it would be a very flimsy case against her and she would end up being found not guilty of all charges making those bringing the charges look rather petty and vindictive the whole thing would be basically a waste of the courts time and tax payers $$$..

Old 03-02-2017, 03:33 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For those condoning the "lock her up" course of action you realize she first has to be charged with a crime then go through the legal system of a trial, from the allegations i'm seeing it would be a very flimsy case against her and she would end up being found not guilty of all charges making those bringing the charges look rather petty and vindictive and basically a waste of the courts time..
Right.

That's why I say she serves the Republican Party best if she is left out there to defend herself endlessly.
So I expect that is where she will stay - forever surrounded by a cloud of accusations.
Forever.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:06 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I love how liberals just hear things differently than the average mostly normal person. An 'expression' is taken literally and one will be hounded forever if one uses it or is any way associated, even vicariously, with a group or individual who used it at some time, even in the long ago, far away, past .. unless it is them (the liberal) who is using it or another like it and then we are expected to forget it and understand that it was campaign rhetoric or it meant something rather less drastic even to the people chanting it than it may have sounded at the time.

Lock her up .. was an expression used to indicate that many do believe she committed crimes but while we know/knew that she probably could be indicted and convicted - and even, if all things in life were fair and equal, could be sentenced to jail for those crimes - we also knew that that would be very unlikely to happen.

It was NOT a campaign promise or requirement for Trump to actually DO that or even try to do that. We knew before the election that he would not pursue that - he told us so - so failing to do it was obviously not a factor in his election either.

Life moves on. Some of us know that. It amazes me that liberals all too often don't seem to unless of course it is to their advantage. From my vantage point, that indicates weakness and nothing better to do with their lives and mouths. But, hey .. what do I know .. I am on the receiving end of their ire day after day .. and they are getting their jollies off making it stay that way. I guess I am doing a public service keeping them happy.
Your "vantage point" provides the very worst view of things available in the world today. And isn't this something, that people like you can continue to rant on about all these unspecified "crimes" you claim she has committed, but yet never specifically name a single one of them. Is this your version of the American Way? Don't you have any ability to look at yourselves and see the falseness of it? This is the way of third-world dictators, to hold people without charges or trials, but to treat them as though they were criminals, just because they didn't favor your brand of totalitarian rule.

She hasn't been charged, because she committed no crimes. If those who temporarily hold power tried to bring charges, as long as some vestiges of our democracy remain, they would humiliate themselves in their failure. Don't think for a minute that the other 99% of the world's population doesn't see you for what you are and that you won't be held to account for it. Elections do have consequences and yours will come later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies