Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not unusual situations?

Ok--please provide some examples of presidential relatives/inlaws who were realtors 6 months prior to the election, meeting with foreign ambassadors, dignitaries and officials one month after the election.

We can exclude wives, as it is basically a duty (except for Melania who has no duties other than to look good).
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I suggest you brush up before assuming things, it is not OK for a private citizen to interfere ...nor an elected, appointed one either...

all that info is out there for you to find.
correct me if i am wrong, but wasnt kushner part of trumps transition team?

from the link;

Quote:
It is common and not improper for transition officials to meet with foreign officials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Jared's hands are in a lot of pies.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall when Kushner and his brother discuss Jared's role in getting rid of the ACA and his brother's company who makes money selling ACA subsidized health insurance. Thanksgiving should be fun.
Meet Oscar, the next generation of tech start- up healthcare insurance in the Individual Plan Market:

https://www.hioscar.com/why-oscar

Reportedly, it lost $ 205 million.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-repeal-looms

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-02-2017 at 06:54 PM..

Old 03-02-2017, 06:50 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/u...ssia.html?_r=0

Guess they decided to reveal this before it also leaked?
Good news, glad to see us meeting with Russians.

I have a confession before the Left finds out and tries to have me burned at the stake....I met with Russians when I worked for a Russian company in Moscow in 2007.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:27 PM

8,617 posts, read 10,146,663 times
I once dated a gay Ukranian. Stop the presses...

Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 PM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just a couple of old friends getting together for a beer or two. Nothing to see here. move along.

Hell, everybody in the Trump organization has been massaging the bear's underbelly since 2015. Except Donald Trump. Who's never spoken to a Russian in his life. Never gave or spent a ruble to a Russian and for damn sure didn't have sex with that woman.
And if it came out that Team Trump wasn't making meetings with a foreign country after he won the election - you would be regurgitating the DNC/MSNBC talking points of how that is so pathetic of him.

Russia is an important country. We need them as an ally against ISIS. We need to alleviate their anger at Obama dumping free weapons all over the unstable Middle East - Obama foolishly armed ISIS and those US weapons are currently killing Russians. We need to check Russia's advances into the Ukraine. We need to communicate with Russia. I reject your position of no communication.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
horror of horrors, you should be strung up by your toes and have the soles of your feet tickled until such time as you wet yourself.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedin1 View Post
What you're saying is being expressed similarly by many people.
The truth gets around.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:12 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I think Ukranian is okay but had it been a gay Russia, get the rope.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:56 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Default Senate Intel Committee to Question Jared Kushner

Money trail....Russian bank and tRUMP

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/u...er-russia.html

Quote:
The White House Counsel’s Office was informed this month that the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, wanted to question Mr. Kushner about meetings he arranged with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, according to the government officials. The meetings included a previously unreported sit-down with the head of Russia’s state-owned development bank.
Quote:
The Senate panel’s decision to question Mr. Kushner would make him the closest person to the president to be called upon in any of the investigations, and the only one currently serving in the White House. The officials who initially described that Senate inquiry to The New York Times did so on the condition of anonymity in order to speak candidly about Mr. Trump’s son-in-law.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:23 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
I keep hearing that the Senate panel has more power and will get to the truth more easily than the House panel, which Nunes seems to have neutered. I feel badly for Schiff on that because I think he's done a good job there.

We don't hear much about the senate panel, no? This is one of the few stories I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies