Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:54 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
So is Huffington Post considered news or not news? Please explain yourself. I've answered enough of your questions now answer mine.
It's very simple. Is that listed under the news category? And no, you haven't answered. Why not post unbiased NEWS articles? I'll give you a hint: NPR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 07:00 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Every sane person knows that the media constantly lies. The multinational corporate media companies aren't angels, they're people, just like the rest of us.

In the same way that you have an agenda, and tilt your posts in favor of your agenda, so to does the media.

Most of the time they try to hide it, or disguise it, to maintain an appearance of legitimacy. But in the last year, they've basically thrown out objective journalism, and gone full shill mode.

The only counter-argument to the "fake news" of the mainstream media, is that Trump is also a liar. Which is a perfectly valid argument.

They're all liars, and they control almost everything you see and hear. What are you going to do about it?

Continue playing party politics on internet forums and accomplish nothing? Grats, because that is what you're doing.

You don't have to pick a side, you can be against both of them.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:01 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you should start your own thread, you are completely off topic,

I guess you could not find enough examples of CNN MSNBC lying so you are now talking about random unrelated things to distract. Did you pick that up from Trump or did you think of it all by yourself.

a) I don't think you are the OP are you?

b) The fact that you can't see my relevance doesn't make your statement that I am off-topic true. My post was very relevant. I talked about Sessions who was supposed to be investigating the whole campaign etc. and now has had to recuse himself for what I believe to be totally off-base reasons after being attacked by and through the media. Obama and the media have a LOT to do with all of this too - I gave at least some reasons why that is - because they are all scared of Trump and what he knows and will do .. and it goes far beyond just Obama's legacy in terms of what the public knows about .. it is the underground, illegal legacy that is and will be the issue .. the really big issue. Media cover-ups and diversionary tactics will be happening left, right and center to allow Obama and his friends to make things so unstable that Trump is pushed or gets out. This is coup-like activity - and the media supports it, whether they know it or not. The media is a shill for the left, for Obama as it was for Hillary. The media is deliberately both attacking and covering for the left/Dems, etc.

No, I didn't go look for quotes to prove that .. this is a huge subject and a set up if that is what is absolutely needed here in THIS thread. And the lying in the media is a subject we have already covered in dozens of threads. And Russia (and the campaign, etc.) has been discussed ad nauseum too. At this point it is unusual to find many media reports that are not full of some sort of slant, bias, omission, and yes, outright lies quite often.

It is all relevant even if you can't see it.

So .. go ahead .. lobby to investigate the media and the campaign but that is a waste of taxpayer resources right now and just about anyone with an intelligence level above simpleton can see that. In fact, that is the very point of what is going on right now - it is to steer people to talk about stupid stuff like harping on the campaign and the Russians. Smart people will never take their eyes off the other hand .. it is reaching deep into dark places .. and those dark places have a lot to do apparently with Obama and his 'legacy'.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:03 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's very simple. Is that listed under the news category? And no, you haven't answered. Why not post biased NEWS articles? I'll give you a hint: NPR.
I knew you wouldn't answer my question. You admit that huffington post is not real news but opinions paraided as news.

Once again I'll answer your question though, I didn't click the article because I saw it the night it was posted on the front page of huffpo.com. I only assume your point is they added a little disclamer of some sort to the article since they caught so much flack.

So are the front page headlines of Huffington Post news or biased opinions? Please answer, I beg you.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:04 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Every sane person knows that the media constantly lies. The multinational corporate media companies aren't angels, they're people, just like the rest of us.

In the same way that you have an agenda, and tilt your posts in favor of your agenda, so to does the media.

Most of the time they try to hide it, or disguise it, to maintain an appearance of legitimacy. But in the last year, they've basically thrown out objective journalism, and gone full shill mode.

The only counter-argument to the "fake news" of the mainstream media, is that Trump is also a liar. Which is a perfectly valid argument.

They're all liars, and they control almost everything you see and hear. What are you going to do about it?

Continue playing party politics on internet forums and accomplish nothing? Grats, because that is what you're doing.

You don't have to pick a side, you can be against both of them.
Good post. A solid thinker here.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I knew you wouldn't answer my question. You admit that huffington post is not real news but opinions paraided as news.

Once again I'll answer your question though, I didn't click the article because I saw it the night it was posted on the front page of huffpo.com. I only assume your point is they added a little disclamer of some sort to the article since they caught so much flack.

So are the front page headlines of Huffington Post news or biased opinions? Please answer, I beg you.
As I predicted, cons deflect. Every time when backed into a corner.

I consider HuffPo to be not serious news.

Can you provide examples?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Instead of getting anything done (which is exactly what the liberals want) we're still be subject to Democrat shenanigans. I am so sick of Democrats I'll never vote Democrat again.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:50 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Umm , and Fox giving Trump endless softball coverage was fair? The collusion between the Trump campaign and Fox was simply stunning. Not only did Fox provide billions of dollars worth of free airtime they also bashed Hillary with lies for the last ten years.

Fox asked the Trump campaign what questions they would like the Fox moderator to ask Hillary at the Fox moderated debate?

Fox submitted proposed news stories to the Trump campaign so that they could edit them before publishing?

Fox provided questions to the Trump campaign before a town hall event where the questions were supposed to be unknown to either candidate?

As for lies being told about Hillary, you'll have to bring me up to speed on that one.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:14 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
problem is you will be completely unable define the ones you like as honest. Whatever standard you attempt to hold the left to the right will also be held. I know you want a system wherein you get to say what is true, what is false, what is right and what is wrong. But lucky enough we have a branch of government to stop you dead in your tracks.

It is really simple. Show everyone here exactly what lies the left leaning media has been telling. Show us the overwhelming proof.

Or is all you have some weak sauce errors? Where is your PROOF that the left leaning media is lying...

come on we are waiting. put up.

The proof is WikiLeaks.

The proof is no one has ever denied the validity of the leaked e-mails.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:33 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Obama and the media have a LOT to do with all of this too - I gave at least some reasons why that is - because they are all scared of Trump and what he knows and will do .. and it goes far beyond just Obama's legacy in terms of what the public knows about .. it is the underground, illegal legacy that is and will be the issue .. the really big issue. Media cover-ups and diversionary tactics will be happening left, right and center to allow Obama and his friends to make things so unstable that Trump is pushed or gets out. This is coup-like activity - and the media supports it, whether they know it or not. The media is a shill for the left, for Obama as it was for Hillary. The media is deliberately both attacking and covering for the left/Dems, etc.

So .. go ahead .. lobby to investigate the media and the campaign but that is a waste of taxpayer resources right now and just about anyone with an intelligence level above simpleton can see that. In fact, that is the very point of what is going on right now - it is to steer people to talk about stupid stuff like harping on the campaign and the Russians. Smart people will never take their eyes off the other hand .. it is reaching deep into dark places .. and those dark places have a lot to do apparently with Obama and his 'legacy'.
Entire post I narrowed it down to the term that jumped off the page for me: "coup-like activity".
As I listen to the radio or watch the talking heads on TV, this is exactly what came to mind the last few days: What the Democrats are engaging in is a political coup clothed in disguised garb that they hope will pass for respectable, honorable action "in the interests of the country". It is sly, sleazy, subterfuge that is deceptive, misleading and downright evil - destruction of people's character and reputation done for nothing more than self-interest. It is an attempt to remove a duly elected President and/or prevent the democratic process to work. It's the most disgraceful thing they have ever done, and they have done a lot. I agree that the evil must run deep in the D.C. swamp for them to go to these lengths to cover up.

Obama and his legacy is a big part of this I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The proof is WikiLeaks.

The proof is no one has ever denied the validity of the leaked e-mails.
We mustn't lose sight of this, as the left would like everyone to do, as they shovel all kinds of dirt they can think of to throw at the fan to see what sticks. A massive diversionary tactic by a frantic power-hungry political animal facing the potential draining of their swamp. It's important to note that the swamp is filled with Democrats AND Republicans, many of them desperate to hold on to their spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies