Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 05:40 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times

Advertisements

So what we aren't at war with them. Hillary spoke with Russians, including Putin, too but you can bet your ass if she had won none of you would be talking about it, the media would certainly ignore it.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:40 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Shockingly, when the second most powerful nuclear player in the world is Russian, you actually talk with them.
So, why do they talk to them, and then lie and say they never talked to them?

Quote:
You wear big-boy pants as well something Obama always failed to do.
No, they talked to Russians, and were honest about it.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:41 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
It seems everyone in the new administration has spoken with the Russians and then denied doing so. If they would have just been up front about it I would have no problem with it all. But what is with all the lying? And now it seems our nation's top cop lied under oath to congress about speaking with the Russians. What the hell are they hiding? I am all for having good relations with the Russians, but I have no interest in my country kissing their commie behinds and especially in covering said behind kissing up.

It all seems shady to me.
Well.. Trump administration sees the policies of the previous administration aimed at destruction of Russia as unproductive. These policies started back in time when Bill Clinton was in the office, and were reinforced when Hillary was a Secretary of State, naturally.
Trump sees no sense of fighting a country that's corporate-oriented with all its nepotism and love for money, and is as concerned with the rise of radical Islam as he is. Not to mention that Russia has a lot of "business" potential.
So obviously Trump and his people dealt with Russians, testing the grounds. ( Yes, Trump likes to choose his battles, and in this case he'd rather prefer to have Russia in his corner, while he deals with Islam and immigration issued.)
But this doesn't sit well with the Democrats that lost the election, that's why they keep on beating the drum.
Something like that.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:57 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well.. Trump administration sees the policies of the previous administration aimed at destruction of Russia as unproductive. These policies started back in time when Bill Clinton was in the office, and were reinforced when Hillary was a Secretary of State, naturally.
US opposing Russia started with Clinton That is an interesting piece of alternate news

The truth is that this nation has NEVER had a president who humps the Russian leg, until Trump got elected.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Trump sees no sense of fighting a country that's corporate-oriented with all its nepotism and love for money, and is as concerned with the rise of radical Islam as he is. Not to mention that Russia has a lot of "business" potential.
So obviously Trump and his people dealt with Russians, testing the grounds. ( Yes, Trump likes to choose his battles, and in this case he'd rather prefer to have Russia in his corner, while he deals with Islam and immigration issued.)
But this doesn't sit well with the Democrats that lost the election, that's why they keep on beating the drum.
Something like that.
Nah. When did any former U.S. President praise a Russia leader? If you can find me any examples, I'd like to know. There's a huge difference between doing business with a foreign country and praising its leader by saying he's stronger than a sitting U.S. President. Trump's behavior has been very strange for a long time.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:09 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
US opposing Russia started with Clinton That is an interesting piece of alternate news
That's not "alternative news" - it's simply something you are unaware of. You need to look closer into what was going on in that period of time and what exactly the US administration was trying to accomplish in Russia, behind the facade of *friendly smiles and handshakes.* Look into the bombing of the Russian parliament ( backed by Clinton,) look into the destructive IMF policies backed by the US, look at the "economic reforms" orchestrated by Harvard- you'll get an idea.

Quote:
The truth is that this nation has NEVER had a president who humps the Russian leg, until Trump got elected.
You mean he is not "tough" enough on Russians?
But why he should be, give me one good reason..

Old 03-02-2017, 06:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Agree. I grew up in the 50s and 60s. I remember when Khrushchev said "We will bury you!" Also, most of us remember Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." So why suddenly do Trump supporters think Putin is a great guy?

Old 03-02-2017, 06:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I spoke with a Russian today too.
I had a very good friend who is Russian, so I guess you could say I spoke with Russians almost daily.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Agree. I grew up in the 50s and 60s. I remember when Khrushchev said "We will bury you!" Also, most of us remember Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." So why suddenly do Trump supporters think Putin is a great guy?
THAT's the problem, they don't! It's a meme invented by sore losers to keep fomenting hate and lathering up their base, which they lap up like the cherry koolaid that it is.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Shockingly, when the second most powerful nuclear player in the world is Russian, you actually talk with them. You wear big-boy pants as well something Obama always failed to do.
You don't have multiple people from a campaign - who are not currently in any administration - talk to their top people in the weeks before an election!

Claiming so is ridiculous. There is obviously a lot going on here (14 million to Manafort, lots of other connections - tax returns we won't see, etc.) - whether or not we see it all will somewhat depend on the republicans.

The GOP has spent decades chasing stuff like whitewater and email servers (which now we find that Pence, Sessions and others have)......and yet they thrown their hands up as if colluding with Russians about influencing an election is no big deal.

Well - it IS a big deal and we need to know everything - under oath. If not it really means we are done for.....a new secret society run by Putin and friends through blackmail.

Any real patriot, american or honest individual would want to know. If the chips fall so that all was up and up - fine. But they probably won't (IMHO).

So then the question becomes what we do with a completely illegitimate government? This is no whitewater...it's not even "just" a watergate. It's the subjugation of the American government to a murderer.

Last edited by craigiri; 03-02-2017 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies