Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 11:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
It seems everyone in the new administration has spoken with the Russians and then denied doing so. If they would have just been up front about it I would have no problem with it all. But what is with all the lying? And now it seems our nation's top cop lied under oath to congress about speaking with the Russians. What the hell are they hiding? I am all for having good relations with the Russians, but I have no interest in my country kissing their commie behinds and especially in covering said behind kissing up.

It all seems shady to me.
The intelligence community investigated the issue and found a big nothing burger.

It keeps popping up because President Trump will undo eight bad Obama years. Democrats have been dying, politically under Obama so past Obama operatives still in intelligence are trying to sabotage Trump with leaked bogus fake news.

The press is in bed with Democrats running fake news assisting Obama and Democrats.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:26 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So what we aren't at war with them. Hillary spoke with Russians, including Putin, too but you can bet your ass if she had won none of you would be talking about it, the media would certainly ignore it.
The Russian Ambassador that the Dems are screaming about has been to the White House at least 22 times during the Obama presidency.

Earlier today, I heard a Dem call him "Russia's top US spy." So if we believe the Dems, Obama was regularly invited Russia's top spy into the White House.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The Russian Ambassador that the Dems are so upset about has been to the White House at least 22 times during the Obama presidency. I heard a Dem call him "Russia's top US spy" today. So if believe the Dems, Obama was regularly invited Russia's top spy into the White House.
That dude was there for so long as a ambassador. So lot of people met him. Today FBI briefed some committee about this Russian thing. Dems are not happy. Now they are accusing FBI and Comey stonewalling investigation and withholding information.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times
I think Trump probably does have some business relations that can be traced to Russian oligarchs, But what the Democrats ultimately want to prove is that "Hillary lost because Russia influenced the election", a claim that doesn't make any sense.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
That dude was there for so long as a ambassador. So lot of people met him. Today FBI briefed some committee about this Russian thing. Dems are not happy. Now they are accusing FBI and Comey stonewalling investigation and withholding information.
The Dems have lost so much lately, that that's all they've got. Maybe they should put their energy into figuring out why they lost the Presidency, House and Senate.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I think Trump probably does have some business relations that can be traced to Russian oligarchs, But what the Democrats ultimately want to prove is that "Hillary lost because Russia influenced the election", a claim that doesn't make any sense.
Le Pen took a loan from Russian bank. One of the BBC interview, she mentioned that none of the banks other than Russia refused to loan her money. May be there is something on Trump tax returns.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Trump was a private citizen during all this alleged "Russian stuff". The only "leakers" would be on Obama's team.

I'm so tired of this horse **** line.

While technically, yes, he was a private citizen until inauguration, when you start getting CLASSIFIED, TOP SECRET intelligence briefings...................no. Time to keep your mouth, and your cronies in check.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm of the opinion that if current admin has nothing to hide in its dealings with Russia lets have some transparency on the issue and put it to rest.
I also keep wondering if Ed Snowden had anything to do with giving Russia some intel that made it possible for the Russians to influence the outcome of the American election.

I can't think of any presidency that was less transparent than this one. There is so much about Trump that we don't know and I doubt that even his top henchmen know all his secrets. But there has been much discussion about why he seems so beholden to the Russians. Stories keep emerging about a video that Putin might have, showing him frolicking with ladies-of-the-night on a visit there. The term, "golden showers" is often mentioned in connection with this story, whatever that is.

Other rumors are about huge loans that Russia or business magnates there might had given him, to bail-out his failing companies. This would be a good reason to keep his tax returns secret. Russia has some of the most talented and invasive hackers in the world. Some of his critics have suggested that he might have made a devil's bargain with them, to skew the election in his favor and for other republican candidates.

None of these things I've described have any existence at this time, that goes beyond generalized speculation. But you can be sure that if any of these things were true, that no one who has any stake in his administration, is going to have a willingness to let the information come out unobstructed. No congressional investigative committee will be acceptable. The appointment of an independent counsel is the traditional method of handling such an inquiry and is the only way for there to be a chance of impartiality.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:38 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Democrats in cahoots with the Russians.

Pictures are out of the big bad Russian spy ambassador sitting with Democrats at last nights speech. Democrats were caught red handed, literally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecons...democrats/amp/

Old 03-03-2017, 01:00 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There are a bunch of connections between Trump's campaign and the Russians, starting with Manafort and Page.

Wilbur Ross, Trump's new Secretary of Commerce, is apparently involved in the Bank of Cyprus which is the go-between with Deutsch Bank for Russian money-laundering.

It will take a while to get to the bottom of this mess, and it isn't helping that Republicans are dragging their feet on any sort of meaningful investigation.

Hard to say whether they are doing it out of loyalty to Trump or whether they are involved as well.
Absolutely correct. I was in Cyprus recently and it was full of Russian ex pats. Moody's say that Cypriot banks are flush with $31 billion of laundered Russian money.

You should have seen the Russians celebrate when Trump won. They believe Trump will stop the sanctions currently in place against Russia. Sanctions halved the value of the Rouble which severely effected their lifestyle in Cyprus.

Incidentally one of Trump major creditors is the Deutsch bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies