Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

Trump haters will hate everything and anything he does and even things they think he might do. So here's the news;
-------------------
The Trump administration is causing serious paranoia among marijuana advocates with its hints of a federal crackdown on recreational use. But Attorney General Jeff Sessions has privately reassured some Republican senators that he won't deviate from an Obama-era policy of allowing states to implement their own marijuana laws.

Sessions has rattled both libertarians and liberals in ordering a review of the hands-off pot policy under President Barack Obama. But Sessions provided some private assurances to senators before he was confirmed that he was not considering a major shift in enforcement, despite his opposition to the use of marijuana.

“He told me he would have some respect for states' right on these things. And so I’ll be very unhappy if the federal government decides to go into Colorado and Washington and all of these places. And that’s not the [what] my interpretation of my conversation with him was. That this wasn’t his intention," said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). in an interview.

And since he was confirmed, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) said administration officials have left him with the impression there is no big policy change coming.

"Nothing at this point has changed," Gardner said.

Sessions reassures senators: No pot crackdown imminent - POLITICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 09:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Trump haters will hate everything and anything he does and even things they think he might do. So here's the news;
-------------------
The Trump administration is causing serious paranoia among marijuana advocates with its hints of a federal crackdown on recreational use. But Attorney General Jeff Sessions has privately reassured some Republican senators that he won't deviate from an Obama-era policy of allowing states to implement their own marijuana laws.

Sessions has rattled both libertarians and liberals in ordering a review of the hands-off pot policy under President Barack Obama. But Sessions provided some private assurances to senators before he was confirmed that he was not considering a major shift in enforcement, despite his opposition to the use of marijuana.

“He told me he would have some respect for states' right on these things. And so I’ll be very unhappy if the federal government decides to go into Colorado and Washington and all of these places. And that’s not the [what] my interpretation of my conversation with him was. That this wasn’t his intention," said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). in an interview.

And since he was confirmed, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) said administration officials have left him with the impression there is no big policy change coming.

Well, that's nice.

Why won't he commit himself to that in public? How hard would it be? He could surely use the positive publicity right about now.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:15 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
I'm getting Rand Paul's thoughts and Cory Gardners impressions. Is this definitive proof?

I also like the wording in here, no crack down imminent.

Nothing at this point has changed.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
They are saving it for when they need a distraction. Classic Bannon tactics.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm getting Rand Paul's thoughts and Cory Gardners impressions. Is this definitive proof?
Put on your fancy hat, close your eyes, and hold that envelope to your forehead...

Old 03-02-2017, 09:25 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Sessions isn't going to waste tens of millions of dollars on federal cops enforcing marijuana laws to bust some weed stores and shakedown people with $10 worth of marijuana on them

Trump and Sessions aren't that stupid.

Last edited by skins_fan82; 03-02-2017 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-02-2017, 09:28 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Sessions isn't going to waste tens of millions of dollars on federal cops enforcing marijuana laws to bust some were stores and shakedown people with $10 worth of marijuana on them

Right but his department could determine whether or not federal prosecutors prosecute marijuana possession which is the issue. Nobody's saying the DOJ is going to be knocking down doors.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Sessions isn't going to waste tens of millions of dollars on federal cops enforcing marijuana laws to bust some were stores and shakedown people with $10 worth of marijuana on them

BWahahahhaa. oh you are entertaining.

They do not think of it as stupid. They think of it based on reefer madness, which they have been told over and over for their entire lives.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:03 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
I'd imagine a lot of moderates are watching this issue.. if I see signs they are going to crack down on the state laws, off to the democrat party I go.. the pubs need to stop legislation or morality and swallowing the religious kool aid and taking the big pharma payoffs. People like actual freedom.. not just your version of freedom.. this is why pubs need to back off on the war on drugs and leave the LGBTQ community alone. If it's not hurting anyone else, shut up about it already and let people live their lives.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:08 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
-------------------

There are Trump lovers who would have hated him on that one. It was a stupid move to even consider. He needs to spend his capital in other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies