Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 11:02 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
We will have a transgender judge soon.
doubt it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 11:26 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Good for the tekkies.

tRump is inconsistent, as it suits him.

Transgender issues are 'states' rights' but his AG want to go after pot smokers, despite state laws entirely based on publicly voted referendums to legalize it.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:47 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No.

Why would it.

"This is an issue best solved at the state and local level," Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said. "Schools, communities and families can find — and in many cases have found — solutions that protect all students."

The White House said "returning power to the states paves the way for an open and inclusive process to take place at the local level with input from parents, students, teachers and administrators."

Trump administration lifts transgender bathroom guidance - - Juno

In other words, he's appropriately delegated this presidential Federal "directive" (talk about dictatorships) to the state level.

Which is what should be done.

If the tech giants want to implement into their employee handbook policies for the transgendered than they are free to do that.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:53 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
No.

Why would it.

"This is an issue best solved at the state and local level," Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said. "Schools, communities and families can find — and in many cases have found — solutions that protect all students."

The White House said "returning power to the states paves the way for an open and inclusive process to take place at the local level with input from parents, students, teachers and administrators."

Trump administration lifts transgender bathroom guidance - - Juno

In other words, he's appropriately delegated this presidential Federal "directive" (talk about dictatorships) to the state level.

Which is what should be done.

If the tech giants want to implement into their employee handbook policies for the transgendered than they are free to do that.
But he's gonna let his AG go after pot smokers in states where it's legal. I'd call that dictatorial.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:59 AM

52,250 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I have a sort of "meh" attitude about this issue, but most people I know feel pretty strongly against it. I think most people in general are against it.

I'm not sure really why at the end of the day 99.5 percent of people have to be put out on some level by the .5% super minority.

I mean I just don't get it. Transkids should wait til they are older before doing anything to their bodies in the meantime parents should just work with them to "go along to get along" til they are a bit older.

When someone is fully transgendered just use the john that you most look like. I mean hasn't the transgendered community been doing this for as long as they've been around, I'm not sure why this is such an issue.

Could someone explains to me what I'm missing. I mean that seriously and not combative.

Last edited by Chowhound; 03-03-2017 at 12:32 PM..

Old 03-03-2017, 12:01 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Good for the tekkies.

tRump is inconsistent, as it suits him.

Transgender issues are 'states' rights' but his AG want to go after pot smokers, despite state laws entirely based on publicly voted referendums to legalize it.
It's not inconsistent at all. Those laws making pot illegal nationwide were enacted by Congress. They're actual laws, based on the Commerce Clause. Personally, I don't think the Commerce Clause should be stretched that far, but Congress has stretched it further on 100's of other issues after the Supreme Court issued its opinion that "anything goes" in Wickard v. Filburn. So, according to Congress and the Supreme Court, that's the law that Trump is supposed to enforce. There is no law about transgender bathroom use that Trump can enforce or fail to enforce.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 03-03-2017 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-03-2017, 12:07 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
The tech world is not too pleased with the Trump presidency. Strong talking points like illegal immigration, outsourced jobs and income inequality have the tech fraternity looking dumb and defenseless.

Next best option , pull the transgender card , yes the transgender bathroom card , make it the the burning issue of the day.

What makes this most laughable , is from working in SV, the amount of actual trans people there is truly tiny, In all my years working in tech , I saw just one in all that time.

Very cynical of the powers that be in the likes of Apple and Google to foist the transgender issue on the public. Their stocks are soaring right now , earnings are enormous , times have never been better and then they resort to playing partisan politics.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have a sort of "meh" attitude about this issue, but most people I know feel pretty strongly against it. I think most people in general are against it.

I'm not sure really why at the end of the day 99.5 percent of people have to be put out on some level by the .5% super minority.

I mean I just don't get it. Transkids should wait til they are older before doing anything to their bodies in the meantime parents should just work with them to "go along to get along" til they are a bit older.

When someone is fully transgendered just use the john that you most look like. I mean hasn't the transgendered community been doing this for as long as they've been around, I'm not sure why this is such an issue.

Could someone explains to me what I'm missing. I mean that seriously and not combative.
Most people are against it. You can call that mean, uncaring, old fashioned, whatever you like but most people are against it so it's not going to hurt Trump.

Maybe some day history will be written to show Trump wrong but right now it's not going to hurt Trump.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:41 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most people are against it. You can call that mean, uncaring, old fashioned, whatever you like but most people are against it so it's not going to hurt Trump.

Maybe some day history will be written to show Trump wrong but right now it's not going to hurt Trump.

Donyi Behave Ny polls?

Old 03-03-2017, 08:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Private companies can do as they wish. Many small companies, only have one bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies