Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
From my understanding, the same problem is occurring due to his wife and child remaining in NYC. They need to either move to the WH or not be provided with protection and allow Trump to hire private security for them.

More wasted money.
It costs I think $1 million per day to protect Melania in NYC, and $3 million a day every time Trump goes to Mar-A-Lago,

Trump has already spent more in travel expenses in 1 month than Obama spent in an entire year.

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
His neighbors absolutely HATE it when he comes to town. Their lives are turned upside down, traffic is blocked, and they can not come and go without delays. Bet they never thought of this downside when they voted for him.
At least Bush had the decency to be out in the middle of nowhere in Texas at his ranch that prevented such issues. The people there said the trips didn't upset their lives.

I wonder what airport Trump flies into. Hopefully there is a military one close by being used.

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
From my understanding, the same problem is occurring due to his wife and child remaining in NYC. They need to either move to the WH or not be provided with protection and allow Trump to hire private security for them.

More wasted money.
White House, Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago. Oh my.

The adult children recieve SS protection 24/7 when in the US and as they globe trot for their private business interests.

Won't be too long before Judicial Watch uses FOIA to begin pulling costs which will not include municipal costs.

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Honestly, it's a real pain in the ass when he visits Mar-a-Lago. I am right on the other side of the bridge and traffic snarls to a stop. It also costs the county money. He always seems to want to arrive during rush hour too. They need to build a helicopter pad so he can fly there and let us folks go about our business in peace. We aren't set up for this like DC.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Honestly, it's a real pain in the ass when he visits Mar-a-Lago. I am right on the other side of the bridge and traffic snarls to a stop. It also costs the county money. He always seems to want to arrive during rush hour too. They need to build a helicopter pad so he can fly there and let us folks go about our business in peace. We aren't set up for this like DC.
Which airport does he fly into?

Old 03-03-2017, 09:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
At least Bush had the decency to be out in the middle of nowhere in Texas at his ranch that prevented such issues. The people there said the trips didn't upset their lives.

I wonder what airport Trump flies into. Hopefully there is a military one close by being used.
Palm Beach International.

It also impacts arrivals/ departure and business as a close by smaller airport.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/u...sses.html?_r=0

While Palm Beach seems to be enjoying the publicity, real people are loosing business and being seriously inconvenienced.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-03-2017 at 09:20 AM..

Old 03-03-2017, 09:10 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If he were going there occasionally it might be another story but this is what - four weekends out of five?

Once the weather warms up the story is that he'll be weekending in his NJ house, so things should get better for FL and worse for NJ. He hasn't been back to NYC since the inauguration, supposedly because he knows big protests await.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Palm Beach International.
That is completely unreasonable. It messes up flights for people that must make connections, it messes up flight plans, it causes delays at other airports, it sucks funds from that facility I'm sure aren't properly reimbursed, it causes delays going to and coming from the airport, etc, etc.

Once every couple of months is one thing, but this is seriously out of control.

The vanity.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:14 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
This is the height of hypocrisy as he was always criticizing BO, a real President, for his playing golf. This guy has now spent almost as much time at Mar a Lago as he has at the WH. I'm sure when it warms up he'll start spending his weekends at his other private club in New Jersey.

The cost of all these trips coupled with keeping Melania safely tucked in at Trump Tower, and the security detail costs associated with keeping Eric and Don safe, while they travel the globe making money, is going to cost more in less than a year than the whole eight years of BO's time in office.

Really fiscally prudent Donny!

Old 03-03-2017, 09:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The Guvnor is a kissaxx -- THIEF - birds of a flock...

Yep, I see you live here in Florida too, so you know firsthand what an idiot Scott is. He is a boot licker of the first degree. He is a perfect cheerleader for Trump and I bet he has an autographed picture hanging over his bed of the two of them together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies