Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:48 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

I do not think this is okay... I would not think it was okay no matter who was in the White House.

The costs for these trips, the costs for his wife and son to remain in NYC.

The disruptions to the lives of people near Trump Tower and near Mar-a-Lago.

Nope. This isn't appropriate and it is a waste of money and resources.

It is costing people who live and work and own shops in those areas business and time.

Wasteful and inconsiderate.

I think he goes every weekend because the people who spent 200k on initiation plus whatever they spend on monthly dues were assured access to the POTUS.

Which is a conflict. A really big one.

He said that if he was president, he would not be out golfing "all the time" like he said Obama was doing (no, he wasn't, though the man did golf a lot, I will say that).

And, where is he? Golfing. Every weekend. Far from the WH. Costing money and disrupting traffic and businesses.

This isn't a partisan issue. This is a disrespect of the American public and a misuse of our tax dollars.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:49 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
I'm a Trump supporter, but it's too much. Too many weekend trips on taxpayers dime.

If he picks-up a large part of the tab, then fine.
Donny doesn't pick up tabs he leaves them behind for someone else to pick them up. Unfortunately, in this case it's us the taxpayers!

Happy now little Trumpies.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:55 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
It's also apparently detrimental to local businesses.

Trump's Frequent Visits Disrupt Palm Beach Life And Businesses : NPR
If this screws up DH and grandkids Astros spring training week, they are really gonna be pissed.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Donny doesn't pick up tabs he leaves them behind for someone else to pick them up. Unfortunately, in this case it's us the taxpayers!

Happy now little Trumpies.
I think we need to be fair to the Trump voters posting in this thread, though.

Most seem to indicate that they agree this is excessive and not what they'd expect from a POTUS.

Yes, you will always have outliers who do not care what the man does, but I just don't think that is true for most voters.

This election cycle was tough in that many people felt they really didn't have a standout candidate that fully encompassed all that they wanted to see in a president.

But, people had to either vote for someone or stay at home. Based on voter turnout, many did stay at home.

So, here we are, and I think that we cannot count on this administration to bridge any gaps among the citizenry, so it is nice we we can mostly come together in agreement around issues that affect us all.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:02 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That is completely unreasonable. It messes up flights for people that must make connections, it messes up flight plans, it causes delays at other airports, it sucks funds from that facility I'm sure aren't properly reimbursed, it causes delays going to and coming from the airport, etc, etc.

Once every couple of months is one thing, but this is seriously out of control.

The vanity.
He doesn't care.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:06 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Quite frankly, what is troublesome about it is why Trump supporters didn't see this coming. I mean the guy is NOTHING if not self indulgent!!!!!! Among a host of other despicable personality traits.
Don't agree with you, but I will say that I've always been irritated with presidents spending enormous amounts of taxpayer money for vacations. Sure, they should take occasional vacations, but seems most presidents overdue it big time in this regard.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:06 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Most seem to indicate that they agree this is excessive and not what they'd expect from a POTUS.

Yes, you will always have outliers who do not care what the man does, but I just don't think that is true for most voters.

This election cycle was tough in that many people felt they really didn't have a standout candidate that fully encompassed all that they wanted to see in a president.

But, people had to either vote for someone or stay at home. Based on voter turnout, many did stay at home.

So, here we are, and I think that we cannot count on this administration to bridge any gaps among the citizenry, so it is nice we we can mostly come together in agreement around issues that affect us all.
Good point. This is one of the few(maybe the only?) issues I have seen trump voters criticize trump for.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

I get your drift but I have to respectfully disagree that there are many "outliers" amongst Trump supporters. Most will blindly follow him no matter what he proposes or does. On the other hand, Trump detractors like myself, give him little or no credit because they find him personally repugnant, with policies and proposals that are dangerous, reckless, poorly vetted, and designed to appeal to a narrow base and not the majority.

It's not an ideal scenario but that's where we are - in my opinion.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Redzin, you are correct. The majority of Trump supporters are not wackos who wanted to put Trump in there to stick it in the faces of the establishment, only a small percentage are. Most are simply Americans, who felt a change needed to be made, and they saw Donald Trump as a viable option. As much as we fight back and forth, they are our neighbors, friends, and relatives. They simply have a different opinion than we do.

And then, there are the few wackos !

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-03-2017 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-03-2017, 10:09 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
How else is Trump to communicate with his Russian colleagues?

Washington DC is overrun with spies and reporters.

In Mar-a-Lago not only can he roam about chatting with anyone he pleases, a good part of the staff is there on work visas from other nations.

Russian oligarch Dmitry Rybolovlev, who does real estate business with Trump and is the other co-owner of Bank of Cyprus (go-between bank for Deutsch Bank in Russian money laundering), flew all the way from Switzerland to West Palm Beach on the exact same Saturday that Trump and the now-ousted Flynn just happened to be there.

Donald Trump cabinet member and business associate co-owned Russian money laundering bank - Palmer Report

Reportedly, Rybolovlev was also in Concord, NC when Trump was there for one of his victory tour rallies.

Besides, it's been a rough week. He worked hard to deliver a decent speech. He needs a break. Will be nice having people stand and clap instead of hiss and give him the finger when he passes by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies