Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 03:49 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,220,877 times

Advertisements

Sitting across the table from him simply does not count!

Photo contradicts Pelosi's statement about not meeting Kislyak - POLITICO

Quote:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Friday that she's never met with the current Russian ambassador, Sergey Kislyak.

"Not with this Russian ambassador, no," Pelosi told POLITICO's Jake Sherman and Anna Palmer during a Playbook interview, when asked whether she had ever met with the Russian envoy.

But a file photo from Pelosi's 2010 meeting with Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev shows Kislyak at the table across from Pelosi — then House speaker — and Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.). Medvedev had been in the country for a meeting with President Barack Obama a day earlier and stopped in on Capitol Hill to meet with congressional leaders as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 03:51 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Sitting across the table from him simply does not count!

Photo contradicts Pelosi's statement about not meeting Kislyak - POLITICO
Who cares? Let it go already.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:54 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Who cares? Let it go already.
Since you ask question.

Seems like you cared enough to ask question in topic about it.

Pelosi holds others to different standard than she holds herself.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:15 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,655,576 times
I don't care either. Nancy's not under oath for anything this week. Sat across, met with...I don't care if they all meet with the Russians--but when you're asked under oath about it and there's a big, fat Russian STINK going on, you best fess up.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:51 PM

26,484 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Why would she lie about it?

She knew it would have to easily be found!

I realize that she is a bit of a nutcase (she claims to have talked to historical ghosts, you have to vote for it to find out what is in it, etc)...but she had to have known that she was full of it when she lied.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:05 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Pelosi knows that few voters care about being lied to.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:13 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I don't care either. Nancy's not under oath for anything this week. Sat across, met with...I don't care if they all meet with the Russians--but when you're asked under oath about it and there's a big, fat Russian STINK going on, you best fess up.
Are you sure she's not under oath?

"It reads: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.”

Oath of Office | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Old 03-03-2017, 09:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,928,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Pelosi knows that few voters care about being lied to.
So now we know how Trump was elected.

Seriously, I don't know if she lied or not, but have you ever dined with many other people, i.e., at a wedding? I have been to several corporate events and cannot recall the names or faces of many people with whom I was seated. However, if I had a meeting in my office with one of them, it would be very different. In other words, I've met a lot of people, but I haven't actually had a meeting with them.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
More Right Wing silliness. Pelosi might go to the zoo the same day as a Russian and they could be in the same photograph.

Pelosi apparently attended a dinner for a high ranking Russian where this Ambassador was present. That does not constitute a meeting.

Even if they were introduced it would not be a meeting. Merely an introduction.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
A special investigation needs to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies