Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

I would like to thank someone for being the spelling police (via rep). If we all could be so perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 06:02 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Just keep calling people Morons. It will come back to (continue) to bite Libs in 2018.

Might use the popular terms racist and sexist also. Those were popular with Hillary.
So just to be clear, the only reason Trump supporters cheer for... less media reporting, more deportations, less homosexuality, more religion, less education, more military spending, less birth control, more regulation of marijuana, and less tax on the wealthy... is because someone called them mean names?

That seems like a solid reason. What happens if I call you a Bible-thumping hillbilly? You'll deport some more Mexicans to get even?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:19 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I thought this was apt, because he does indeed seem like the kind of shallow, glitzy guy a poor person might envision. But I couldn't remember who said it. I just tracked it down. It was Fran Lebowitz.

“He’s a poor person’s idea of a rich person. They see him. They think, ‘If I were rich, I’d have a fabulous tie like that. Why are my ties not made of 400 acres of polyester?’ All that stuff he shows you in his house—the gold faucets—if you won the lottery, that’s what you’d buy.”

Of course, she turned out to be wrong about there not being enough morons.

Let Fran Lebowitz Soothe All Your Election-Related Worries | Vanity Fair
She's off her rocker what she doing hating a little kid the Clinton kid save the Clinton kid!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2017, 06:32 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I thought this was apt, because he does indeed seem like the kind of shallow, glitzy guy a poor person might envision. But I couldn't remember who said it. I just tracked it down. It was Fran Lebowitz.

“He’s a poor person’s idea of a rich person. They see him. They think, ‘If I were rich, I’d have a fabulous tie like that. Why are my ties not made of 400 acres of polyester?’ All that stuff he shows you in his house—the gold faucets—if you won the lottery, that’s what you’d buy.”

Of course, she turned out to be wrong about there not being enough morons.

Let Fran Lebowitz Soothe All Your Election-Related Worries | Vanity Fair
Double Trump remind me of a rapper that went from the projects to being a billionaire. ..LOL!!!!

Other billionaires and Wealthy will never except him

Old 03-04-2017, 06:51 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Most people understand the concept of branding. They also understand the marketing power of a "name". This is just another thread started for the sole purpose of bashing Trump. And if they can bash those who voted for Trump as well, they're getting a two-fer. Any other claims are just respondents deliberately being banal and/or obtuse.
Branding works best when you are actively performing at a high level in your chosen profession. If not you are just famous for being famous like the Kardashians or Paris Hilton or dare I say it? Donald Trump.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
How many martinis has Nancy Pelosi had today?
How is this related to the topic? You seem to have an obsession with Obama, Pelosi and the Clintons.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:09 PM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
True. Just like celebrities are new money and are gauche. They want to show it off, they want you to idolize them. The difference is celebrities made their money by acting, Trump made his money by investing (provides a service to people and provides many jobs that don't end once a movie is made), name branding (marketing his name) and yes some TV. Big difference.
^^^^^ Everything you are saying above is true, and everything you said before about Trump re branding and charities is also true, but I also think that a bit of what people perceive as Trump's insecurity comes from not being accepted by true old money Manhattanites (partially because he just doesn't have the lineage, and partially because of his behavior. For a public example of how 'restrained' old money Manhattanites react to Trump (body language, facial expressions, etc.) think Anderson Cooper). IMO, part of Trump properly dismisses this, but another part of him is quite bugged by the lack of acceptance. I also think another poster (not the one you were responding to) on this thread got part of the puzzle right when he said that there is a certain part of Trump that represents anger re not being loved. That poster didn't elaborate, but I imagine he meant love withheld (conditional love) re his father Fred. I also think that that withheld love contributes to his relationship (in a good way) with his granddaughter Arabella. I heard someone say recently that the only thing that isn't overrated is being a grandparent. At some point before the RNC, Ivanka was walking with Arabella, and Arabella dragged her over to look at something. Arabella (age 5) pointed to a pothole, shook her head, and said "grandpa wouldn't like that". After the election, but before the inauguration, the background on this filled in....Trump (pre candidacy) enjoyed walking through the city with Arabella and pointing things related to construction out to her. As I see it, many people think that Trump's defensive, some might say aggressive, nature is 100% re his insecurities. I don't agree. I thing his nature is partially due to those insecurities (both 'a father withholding love' and not being accepted by old money Manhattanites), but I think those aspects contribute under half. I think most of his nature is re, for lack of a better way to put it, a sort of 'outer borough, me against the world' attitude about Manhattan (and by extension, the world) that isn't necessarily unhealthy....it might be in his particular case, but it isn't 'by definition' unhealthy. IMO, his makeup isn't 'simple'. He's an 'unusual cat', as some might say. I do think that to whatever degree he has a 'Pinocchio' nature, that that part of him is attributable to his insecurities....which I think is also true of other politicians...we just hear about it more with Trump because he's more universally hated by media elites.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
How many martinis has Nancy Pelosi had today?
Apparently not enough.

Such a useless hag she is.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:18 PM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
During one of the debates, each candidate was asked to say something positive about the other and Hillary said he had a nice family. I don't know why so many Trump supporters thought that was sarcastic or unflattering, since it was a very nice compliment.

Don't get me wrong..I cannot stand the man and didn't vote for him, but everyone has some good qualities!

Just a personal note: I try not to insult people who voted for Trump. Yes, I think they're often delusional and I can't possibly understand why anyone would want this narcissistic, pathological liar in the White House, but this is the United States of America and people can vote for whomever they choose. I know plenty of people who voted for Trump and they're not morons. (just wrong!
I didn't vote for Trump, nor Hillary. Even though I despise Hillary, I didn't think she was being sarcastic re the comment during the debate that you mention above. I thought that that compliment was sincere.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:22 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
How is this related to the topic? You seem to have an obsession with Obama, Pelosi and the Clintons.
How is it not?

Pelosi and the Clintons are RICH.

Obama's catching up...since his 8 years as POTUS. Not for anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies