Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:18 PM

81 posts, read 100,090 times

Advertisements

Well, I have a rabid Trump-hating Democratic family member who lives in Mesa, and he HATES where he lives because of all the Trump supporters there. So maybe check out Mesa. It's all brown/tan cookie-cutter homes though.

The area around ASU in Tempe is kind of fun to visit. Not sure about the homes there.

As far as 110 degree summers, if you like them then the Phoenix metro area is your place. If you like 115 degrees, you might like Tucson even better. I can't fathom living in that kind of environment again, but more power to you if you can

Good luck in your search!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:53 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,415,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Right and being one heart attack away from having one of the most rabid anti-LGBT politicians ever as commander in chief? Or maybe you'd like to give people a legal right to discriminate against you and your husband? Your boy's SCOTUS pick will surely help advance that. None of that is at all small government nor conservative. Look at the millions your VP pissed away in Indiana trying to ensure that you'd have no place next to your husband's death bed. Fiscally conservative? LOL

But I digress, you won't find many like-minded people here. The gay community will be appalled by you and the Trumpers will only tolerate you until you decide your rights are worth fighting for. I don't think this is the Shangri-La you're looking for. Perhaps Dallas?
Lay off the limited response to politics.

One dimensional post.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Lay off the limited response to politics.

One dimensional post.
And this is supposed to be 'multi-dimensional'?

This post was political from the beginning.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:27 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
I don't think it was meant to be...I mean I know how even mentioning Trump sends people into a tizzy but I took it as the OP trying to explain why they were moving out of LA.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I don't think it was meant to be...I mean I know how even mentioning Trump sends people into a tizzy but I took it as the OP trying to explain why they were moving out of LA.
Right. One being political reasons.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:39 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Right and being one heart attack away from having one of the most rabid anti-LGBT politicians ever as commander in chief? Or maybe you'd like to give people a legal right to discriminate against you and your husband? Your boy's SCOTUS pick will surely help advance that. None of that is at all small government nor conservative. Look at the millions your VP pissed away in Indiana trying to ensure that you'd have no place next to your husband's death bed. Fiscally conservative? LOL

But I digress, you won't find many like-minded people here. The gay community will be appalled by you and the Trumpers will only tolerate you until you decide your rights are worth fighting for. I don't think this is the Shangri-La you're looking for. Perhaps Dallas?
There are many gay Trump supporters. And many more are jumping on the bandwagon as the days pass. Ive seen enough online video interviews and blogs, etc, from gay people who had disgust for the left after the Orlando massacre and the Obama administration blaming the gun and not the criminal. And then Obama inviting the father of the Islamic scumbag murderer to his speech? Such a classy move.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
OP don't worry about all the pro and anti Trump talk! Daily living here is really a live-and-let-live type of lifestyle. If you like Trump, good, if you don't good as long as you treat people decently you will not have any issues here.
Just don't wear a MAGA hat here. You might have a bunch of snowflakes beat you up because they disagree with you. You know, those "tolerant" folks. Good thing here is most of us pack heat, and if any triggered snowflakes try and force themselves upon us physically, they will eat the lead they deserve. Liberalism is truly, absolutely, a mental disorder. Its sad that they cant nor wont ever see it.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:45 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Thanks for the tip.

I have 2 days in Phoenix. One day I was planning Camelback, Papago Park, and grabbing lunch and checking out some neighborhoods and head out for drinks that night.

The second day I wanted to a more intense hike (in the 10 miles range) with some elevation gains and views. I'm still on the fence about where to do this? Was thinking Tonto National Forest. Do you have any suggestions? Too many options and having a tough time picking one.
Have you ever hiked Camelback? Plenty of elevation gains and views to be had. It's not the easiest hike, especially the more difficult side. Please don't be over confident and think you are going to come here and hike it AND do Papago the same morning. We already have to rescue too many tourists who find out the hard way that Camelback can somewhat challenging.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:50 PM

61 posts, read 70,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Just don't wear a MAGA hat here. You might have a bunch of snowflakes beat you up because they disagree with you. You know, those "tolerant" folks. Good thing here is most of us pack heat, and if any triggered snowflakes try and force themselves upon us physically, they will eat the lead they deserve. Liberalism is truly, absolutely, a mental disorder. Its sad that they cant nor wont ever see it.

When has this ever happened to you? You're the one sitting on a message board threatening people?

What's more likely is you feel threatened by things that liberals say. You get all flustered and frustrated because you don't know how to respond. See, no one personally wants to hurt you. However, your ideas and morals are things that stand out as being anti-social. Plenty of gun-carriers are fine people, who don't need to solve everything with guns.

By name-calling a group of people, then threatening them, it is really you that needs to get checked out for mental disorders.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burltodenver View Post
When has this ever happened to you? You're the one sitting on a message board threatening people?

What's more likely is you feel threatened by things that liberals say. You get all flustered and frustrated because you don't know how to respond. See, no one personally wants to hurt you. However, your ideas and morals are things that stand out as being anti-social. Plenty of gun-carriers are fine people, who don't need to solve everything with guns.

By name-calling a group of people, then threatening them, it is really you that needs to get checked out for mental disorders.
I have plenty of knowledge to debate for days. All I said is that if they tried to physically assault me (which has happened to thousands of Trump supporters), they will get shot. End of story. Im not the one attending pro-Bernie or Hillary rallys and assaulting people, like is so common at Trump events. Just at Berkely (Berserkely?) over the weekend more Trump supporters were attacked. And just a month ago the campus was torn to shreds and people were assualted because Milo was going to speak there. Libs don't stand for free speech, unless they agree with it. If you have something to say that differs from their opinions, they'll either try and shut the event down, or riot in the streets.

Will you deny that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies