Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 08:14 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So tell me again how his being a Constitutional scholar means he's unbiased and not pushing an agenda. I'll wait.
How is Mark Levin a "constitutional scholar"? I don't see anything on his Wiki page that indicates he's taught Constitutional Law or even that he's worked in the academy. He went to Temple Law (no indication he was on law review or finished with honors, like Obama) and ended up taking a job at Texas Instruments. I'm not sure what makes him a "constitutional scholar" any more than any other person who has sat for and passed a bar exam.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't believe it's the FBI that makes a case. The FBI is a law enforcement agency, not a prosecutor's office. The FBI can make recommendations to DOJ, but it doesn't have the final say about whether criminal charges are brought or not.
The FBI investigates and does "make the case" which they then present it to the DOJ to either prosecute if they feel a good enough case was made, or not if they don't (or if they're told not to)...

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
How is Mark Levin a "constitutional scholar"? I don't see anything on his Wiki page that indicates he's taught Constitutional Law or even that he's worked in the academy. He went to Temple Law (no indication he was on law review or finished with honors, like Obama) and ended up taking a job at Texas Instruments. I'm not sure what makes him a "constitutional scholar" any more than any other person who has sat for and passed a bar exam.
I agree. Just entertaining their claims to prove that they're still wrong.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:19 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The FBI investigates and does "make the case" which they then present it to the DOJ to either prosecute if they feel a good enough case was made, or not if they don't (or if they're told not to)...
The FBI can not "make a case." That's like saying the NYPD can "make a case." The FBI can recommend that the DOJ/USAO bring charges against an individual, but it does not "make a case" or bring charges itself. DOJ has ultimate discretion.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:20 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, because it's "old news dude" it's not relevant? Wow, hypocritical much? From what I read from YOUR post what Chaffetz said was pretty much correct. Did you even read what you posted? Also, Chaffetz said "The Obama Administration" which is factually correct. He did not say "Obama" and neither did I...
It had NOTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA, not then and not now. There was no logical reason to even refer to the Obama administration, that is just an attempt to infer guilt by association.

Read the article, what happened was wrong, but for God's sake it wasn't like the Secret Service was investigating him, agents were pulling up and reading an old job application probably because the dork failed the polygraph or the background investigation. It happens all day long in Police Dept's. You have some local celebrity arrested and every cop in the agency will pull up the report to look at it.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:24 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You say that as if he's unbiased. Mark Levin is a hard conservative, who sometimes hosts Sean Hannity's show on fox news and was once an advisor to Rush Limbaugh. And that's not my opinion, that's taken straight from Mark Levin's Conservapedia page, a conservative website. Mark Levin - Conservapedia

So tell me again how his being a Constitutional scholar means he's unbiased and not pushing an agenda. I'll wait.
I used to watch this guy years ago on various talk shows and he always came across as a hateful person. I see he hasn't changed and still going strong with all the hate.

Last edited by fitzy24; 03-06-2017 at 08:48 AM..

Old 03-06-2017, 08:24 AM

57,215 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Clapper lied.. so they are God to you?
So that makes your case that we need to discount all the statements by current and former intelligence agents that there is nothing to Trumps Tweet. Why haven't we heard from Sessions or McMaster they have access to all the records. Don't you think that's it's just a little irrational for Trump to state that Obama ordered a wiretap even though that's not possible, claim this is the largest thing since Watergate and then head out to the golf course.

His security staff has access to all the records, where are Trumps security cabinet members, awfully quiet don't you think.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It had NOTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA, not then and not now. There was no logical reason to even refer to the Obama administration, that is just an attempt to infer guilt by association.
Just like after we lost a serviceman in the Yemen raid, Trump mentions Obama as if it was Barrack who approved the mission.

Quote:
But the Trump administration — despite calling the mission a success — have appeared to push at least some responsibility onto others. In the daily press briefing Feb. 2, White House press secretary Sean Spicer emphasized that most of the planning happened in the final weeks of former President Barack Obama’s administration, though Obama himself did not approve the operation.

Trump is a master at deflection.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,472 times
Quote:
I don't believe it's the FBI that makes a case. The FBI is a law enforcement agency, not a prosecutor's office. The FBI can make recommendations to DOJ, but it doesn't have the final say about whether criminal charges are brought or not.
Still if Flynn talking to Russian about some damaging stuff, someone has to make a case. They can't let him go free with serious stuff like that.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:26 AM

34,990 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How about this; Trump is the President, he is in the best position of anyone in the US to get to the bottom of this. If he really believes he was wiretapped why hasn't he brought in the FBI, DOJ, NSA, Secret Service? Do you think he's so brilliant that he has determined that his best approach is to don a sherlock holmes hat and investigate this on his own?
All of those departments remain under the effective control of Obama operatives. Yes, the heads are replaced but 7 weeks in the underlings are still there. Indeed one of the purposes of the allegations against Sessions may be to gum up the works on replacing lower-level officials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.